Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Nupe Or Tiv?! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nupe Or Tiv?! (649 Views)

Man Who Sat On The Throne Of Tor Tiv Barnished From TIV Land (pic) / Tor Tiv Breaks With Tradition, Declines To Be Sworn-in Before “traditional God” / Two German Mayors Dressed In Tiv Attire At A German Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nupe Or Tiv?! by roselyn123: 5:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hello brothers/sisters,

I've been surfing the internet and looking for a forum where I could ask a burning question. I'm glad to have found this one although I had challenges navigating it - I couldn't easily launch a new topic. Anyway I'd really appreciate it, if anyone would answer my question...

Ginbia - Is this a Tiv or Nupe name and what does it mean

a relative of mine who lived in the northern part of Nigeria in her youth, returned to the west in her twilight years. She always called my sister Ginbia (not sure if spelling correct) and not by her regular name. No one thought anything of it but we are wondering its origin.

Your feedback is most appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Nupe Or Tiv?! by Sparrow13: 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
Gimbia is a hausa name meaning princess.
Re: Nupe Or Tiv?! by roselyn123: 7:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
thank you Sparrow13!! yes my sister was delicate and princesslike in her ways as a child.

Blessings smiley

(1) (Reply)

What You Will See On An Ibibio Market Woman's Sim / One important thing to note when coming to Osun State for the first time? / TB Joshua Named Yoruba Man Of The Year 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.