Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,739 members, 7,834,470 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega (1947 Views)

Fani-kayode Still In Custody For Fresh Allegation – EFCC / PDP Raises Alarm Over Fresh Plot To Remove Fayose; Begs Buhari To Intervene / A Group Of Imolites Protests Against Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by ishiamu(m): 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party on Wednesday raised fresh allegations aimed at discrediting the National Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, over the conduct of the forthcoming elections.

At a crowded press conference, in Abuja, the Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP Presidential Campaign Organisation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, alleged that Jega had meetings with some unnamed leaders of the main opposition, the All Progressives Congress in Dubai.

He alleged that the meeting was aimed at making sure that those who were yet to get the Permanent Voter Cards were denied the opportunity of receiving them.

The former minister of aviation put the number of these set of voters at 23million.

Fani-Kayode added that the commission was scheming out voters in states and areas where he said supporters of the ruling party were.

Besides, he alleged that the PVCs were still at China and were yet to be imported to Nigeria.

He said, “Pieces of information at our disposal have shown that Jega has had meetings with APC stalwarts in Dubai and other cities in the world to perfect this wanton conspiracy against 23 million eligible voters.

“Besides, we have information that the PVCs that Nigerians are scrambling for are not in Nigeria and will not arrive before the elections.

“These PVCs are still in China and Jega has strategically delayed their arrival to suit his electioneering permutations.”

Asked to provide proof about the alleged Dubai meeting, Fani-Kayode refused.

The commission has however refused to react to the allegation, saying it doesn’t join issues with political parties.

Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman of the commission, Mr. Kayode Idowu, stated this in his reaction.

Idowu said, “INEC doesn’t join issues with political parties because the commission is a dispassionate umpire.”

Fani-Kayode however said that Jega must also show Nigerians proof that the Chinese company printing the PVCs had been paid in full by disclosing the total contract sum and the amount paid to date.

He also demanded that Jega should show proof of arrival or expected date of arrival of all PVCs for the elections and that he should equally tell Nigerians how he could have distributed 23 million PVCs within five days to election if there hadn’t been postponement.

He said it was wrong for the commission to have claimed that the election was shifted due to insecurity, adding that the electoral body as not fully ready for the election.

According to him, “The matter is that INEC has failed in its responsibility to produce and distribute PVCs to about 34 percent of registered voters who would require the cards to vote in the elections.

“This brings us to the issue of statistics of PVC distribution and collection, which we believe Jega, as a person, acting in concert with some forces of retrogression, is playing games with.

“We express our concerns today that Jega may have decided to aid the APC to rig the forthcoming elections through the manipulation of the production, distribution and collection of PVCs such that emerging trends have consistently shown calculated attempts to deprive parts of the country that would traditionally vote for President Jonathan of their PVCs.

“Whereas, the parts of the country that would traditionally vote for the APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, are already armed with their PVCs.”

He insisted that the PVC collection statistics for states and geo-political zones before the postponement of the elections buttressed his allegation that Jega allegedly contrived what he described as “grand conspiratorial alliance with the APC to fraudulently secure victory in the elections.”

Fani-Kayode wondered why the PVC collection rates in the North-Central, South-South, South-West and South-East was much lower with the highest being 57 per cent, asking whether it was because of the fear that these geopolitical zones might be pro-Jonathan.

He also wanted to know why the North-West zone which includes Katsina (Buhari’s home state) have the highest collection rate of 80 per cent.

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-raises-fresh-allegation-against-jega/
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by ishiamu(m): 8:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
undecided undecided undecided
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by KenJak(m): 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
OK
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Ikology(m): 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
Oya nau!!!! These allegations are weighty to be ignored.

Jega come and clear your name.

Nigerians are not fools.

Katstina 80%??
Choi these people eeeeh!
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by bizlifelines(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
methinks if JEGA did commit these infarction, at least one REC would have squealed. The DSS can investigate these claims discreetly to avoid unnecessary distractions for Professor JEGA

1 Like

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Calculia: 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
APC cabals and rigging elections since 1960.

Dey are not yet in power but have executed plot, to steal the peoples mandate via PVC deprivation.

I love GEJ. I love the way he does not abuse power or allow it get to his head.

By God grace GEJ will be my President again this year.

longlive Nigeria

longlive GEJ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Clerverly: 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2015
PDP now acting like the opposition party! Interesting time!!

Jonathan should accept defeat in advance or risk being humiliated on march 28th!

9 Likes

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2015
Calculia:
APC cabals and rigging elections since 1960.

Dey are not yet in power but have executed plot, to steal the peoples mandate via PVC deprivation.

I love GEJ. I love the way he does not abuse power or allow it get to his head.

By God grace GEJ will be my President again this year.

longlive Nigeria
longlive GEJ
Stop selling your conscience for money......YOU LIE PASS DEVIL..,,,you are a pathetic liar who if full of deceit just because of your own selfish reason, ...nigeria is bigger than you...,you are a great pretender,we will put your desperate boss(goodluck jonathan) to shame through our votes...we will vote him out of office and send him back to bayelsa to go and be drinking ogogoro that made him a useless president... and I will see if you will go and commit suicide!!!......

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by waternogetemeny: 9:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
One thing all Buhari supporters have in common is to talk anyhow. They are usually semi illiterate and praise singers

GEJ till Buhari finish School.

1 Like

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by 9jatriot(m): 9:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
Behind all these rants, PDP is planning something sinister. This was how they gave Sanusi a bad name, set up Lawal in the subsidy probe, destroyed Ribadu's investigation on subsidy using one Kayode. So many other nonsense. Now, Jega main offense is that he is too independent to lead an independent national electoral commission. When he conducted an election in Anambra and their man won, he had not held any meeting then, when they won in Ekiti just late 2014 here, he had not held any meeting, when GEJ won in 2011, there was no minute of meeting, all of a sudden, one week to election spurious claims of clandestine meetings are being alleged without proof.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
waternogetemeny:

GEJ till Buhari finish School.
BUHARI till when goodluck jonathan goes back to the zoo......BUHARI till when your common sense is returned from exile....

2 Likes

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Itydee(m): 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
Jega!!!!!, Mallam na mallam ooo. I was wondering why Amechi and Tinubu was so confident with their FailBuhari mantra. Heheheheheh they have been caught. GEJ till 2023
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Nobody: 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
Itydee:
Jega!!!!!, Mallam na mallam ooo.
HYPOCRITE!!!!suddenly jega is now a bad person abi??The same jega that conducted the election where GEJ won during 2011 is now the person you call mallam??if you say he is a mallam then no wonder "goodluck jonathan"is also acting like a "clueless mallam"...pot calling kettle black...

2 Likes

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by waternogetemeny: 10:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
wakacome:
BUHARI till when goodluck jonathan goes back to the zoo......BUHARI till when your common sense is returned from exile....

Abo.ki, all na wash, u and I know Buhari can only win in Niger Republic.
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by dre11(m): 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2015
“These PVCs are still in China and Jega has strategically delayed their arrival to suit his electioneering permutations.”

He will never have prove but will rant like a public dog......
FFK doesn't surprise me at all....

All they have is to spread propaganda and not have any issue based talk

Because the PDP are composed of small mind individuals

2 Likes

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by omenka(m): 11:40pm On Feb 11, 2015
Height of blackmail. Shameless people. If one may ask, where do these 25million voters reside?? APC or PDP strongholds??

I suggest the commission starts making counter moves and publicity to ensure PDP doesn't have its. Way of ensuring that they rig the elections at all cost!
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Kingspin(m): 11:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
Am tired of this country. Lets just divide the country.
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by iiichidodo: 12:20am On Feb 12, 2015
Let them torchlight Jega's culpability in the delibrate disenfranchisment of the igbos and south south people in Lagos.....that should contain the bulk of the 25million.

1 Like

Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by jom28gy(m): 12:27am On Feb 12, 2015
If is true,all the antecedents' of the opposition must be exposed.
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by bakila: 12:28am On Feb 12, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Keep chasing away more votes from GEJ. Your relations have been sentenced to 6 weeks self imposed home town imprisonment because of elections. They can either serve it at home or come to their paradise and spend it.
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by waternogetemeny: 12:42am On Feb 12, 2015
bakila:

Keep chasing away more votes from GEJ. Your relations have been sentenced to 6 weeks self imposed home town imprisonment because of elections. They can either serve it at home or come to their paradise and spend it.

I dispise mofo acting like we are acquainted. Buhari f.ag.gots have a habbit of this. U dis fuc.king lady boy can go suck Buhari's co.ck.
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 12, 2015
After readin this line, i stopped taking the allegation serious
Asked to provide proof about the alleged Dubai meeting, Fani-Kayode refused
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by bakila: 12:54am On Feb 12, 2015
waternogetemeny:

I dispise mofo acting like we are acquainted. Buhari f.ag.gots have a habbit of this. U dis fuc.king lady boy can go suck Buhari's co.ck.
I no fit do your work, I no fit learn am. If that is what you are doing as a young man I pity what you would do when the poverty of your old age settles. God forbid, that thing you do is very bad very very bad. Desist from sucking it, otherwise you will get cancer of the throat that will kill you at an early age.
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 12, 2015
foni koyode get mouth sha grin grin
this guy must be the most dumbest and confident fool in the whole world
this guy is fantasy himself
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 12, 2015
ishiamu:

in u.k, to call someone an I.diot is not an insult.
this guy is certainly full of it grin grin grin
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by B69U: 2:18am On Feb 12, 2015
Jegga did things in a jaga jaga way in the south to rig the election for Buhari.
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by nzeadachie: 3:37am On Feb 12, 2015
BYE BYE TO JEGA
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by adook1: 6:18am On Feb 12, 2015
is that not obj boy,give him food he will talk,more food he will talk more according to his master.
Re: PDP Raises Fresh Allegation Against Jega by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 12, 2015
waternogetemeny:

Your foolishness is equal to your stupidity,how come??

(1) (Reply)

What The Buharis Are Not Telling Nigerians / Must See!! Grammatical Blunder On Apc Official Twitter Handle(pix) / Woman Stabs Robber To Death In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.