Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says (1059 Views)

Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva / Jonathan Betrayed The Trust Of Nigerians --- Odimegwu (1) / Fayose Attacks Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Is Nigeria’s Main Enemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by babaireti(m): 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
Former president Obasanjo who always criticize President Goodluck Jonathan administration has said that Jonathan betrayed the armed forces by allowing corruption to undermine their operations.He made his opinion known during an interview with the Financial Times at the launch of his controversial autobiography titled, ‘My Watch’, in Nairobi, Kenya.
He said, “It is a question of leadership – political and military. I think you need to ask Jonathan how he let the army go to this extent.
Many things went wrong: recruitment went wrong; training went wrong; morale went down; motivation was not there; corruption was deeply ingrained; andwelfare was bad.”
Obasanjo added that he was saddened by the rate at which the nation’s resources were dwindling, adding that when he left office, Nigeria had $45bn in its reserve but the resources had been depleted by more than half despite the increase in oil prices.
Reacting to the postponement of the elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission for security reasons and a better distribution of Permanent Voter Cards, Obasanjo said he hoped the Federal Government was being truthful.
He urged Jonathan to put the interest of the nation ahead of his own ambition.
He said warned that manipulating the electoral process could lead to a coup d’etat, adding that the May 29 handover date remained sacrosanct.
“I sincerely hope that the President is not going for broke and saying ‘look dammit, it’s either I have it or nobody has it’. I hope that we will not have a coup. I hope we can avoid it,” he said.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
baba don come again oooooo
Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
An old fool still ranting, he's dead politically!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by size40: 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2015
My people used to say" what the elderly will see while seating, the younger ones cannot even see it even if they climb the tallest Iroko tree in the community". A word is a enough for the wise. Baba don talkie ooooo!

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by clevvermind(m): 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
Obasanjo is just embarrassing himself before the whole world. he is not even qualified to speak on any issue in Nigeria. he should go and sit in his farm and allow Jonathan to transform Nigeria. Jonathan has the solution to Nigeria's problem.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by babs01(m): 12:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
who z more powerful OBJ or GEJ?
Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by phetto(m): 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by phetto(m): 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
Where's d source?
Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by babaireti(m): 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
Rextayne:
Where's d source?
Go to Kenya

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by gen2briz(m): 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
Rextayne:
Where's d source?

Sahara reporter on Nairaland
Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by utytill(m): 2:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
Pls GEJ,u sure say u never f*uk OBJ yass?
Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by worthytalk: 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
I can't remember Nigeria Military making this TOUT its spokesman.
Re: Jonathan Betrayed The Armed Forces – Obasanjo Says by boolet: 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
Yes, that is very true. Not only has the army been betrayed, the army has also experienced the worst ridicle since 1914. The army was previously known for victory in her expeditions, prior to, and after independence. However the military has been weakened. Ojukwu would have defeated the Federal troops were Jonathan in power during the 30month Civil war.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan's Aide, Omokri Burglarizes House In Delta, Carts Away N25million / Boko Haram Releases 158 People Abducted In Yobe ( Photo) / The Truth About Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.