Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,696 members, 7,831,171 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

"I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare (990 Views)

How I Became Running Mate To Buhari- VP Osinbajo / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare by Chiaka(f): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
http://pulse.ng/religion/pastor-tunde-bakare-i-was-asked-to-resign-as-buharis-vp-after-we-won-elections-id3461498.html

A video footage has emerged on the Internet showing Latter Rain Assembly founder, Tunde Bakare in an exclusive interview on a talk show called 'Straight Talk with Kadaria'.

The former Vice-Presidential candidate of the now-defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) alleged that before the merger between CPC and Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) to form All Progressives Congress (APC), he was asked to commit perjury.

In the 1 min. 45 secs. video, he also alleged that 'they' said his name would be put forward in the polls but would have to sign that he would resign immediately as Vice President of Nigeria once the presidential elections has been won.

Pastor Bakare said:"Those who know the truth, know exactly what happened. There was no merger between ACN and CPC, there was a talk of alliance last minute and it was not stepping down that was the issue, it was resigning on paper with my signature to sign as vice-president of Nigeria and I said no i can't do that, I can resign as Tunde Bakare - a candidate, but I cannot resign as Vice president of an office I have not occupied. That is illegal."

Are you saying they were willing to let your name go forward in the polls and then they expected that once you'd won the elections, you'll be expected to resign as Vice President?

"That was what they were asking for. That was not even the issue with me, it's not a matter of life and death, if it would move my nation forward. But I was not ready to commit perjury to sign an office I had not yet occupied".
Re: "I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare by shadelek(m): 2:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
Re: "I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare by babs01(m): 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
we don hear am tired

1 Like

Re: "I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
"Was as a past tense doesn't count again. Oga Bakare take note..
Re: "I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare by hushmail: 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
am not surprised.

this is the kind of negative info the emanates from the camp of APC

tunde bakare has learnt his lessons

who knows what Osinabanjo is going through right now?
Re: "I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare by Tundenoni(m): 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
adoncare!

I will march4buhari
Re: "I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare by kestolove95(m): 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
Nonsense...what's d kokko? apc..who's dkoko? Buhari
Re: "I Was Asked To Resign As Buhari's VP After We Won Elections"- Tunde Bakare by Chiaka(f): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2015
hushmail:
am not surprised.

this is the kind of negative info the emanates from the camp of APC

tunde bakare has learnt his lessons

who knows what Osinabanjo is going through right now?

.......Like you know watz running through my brain now, same question.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Administration Reversed Nigeria's Anti-corruption Gains - TI / What Tinubu,fashola And APC In Lagos State Stands For / “we’re Not Politicians, Stop Inviting Us To Impromptu Meetings” –ogun Obas 2GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.