Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari (12365 Views)

National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health / Asset Declaration: Fashola, Adeosun, Amaechi, 16 Others Yet To Fully Comply; CCB / Nigeria To Comply With ECOWAS Court Ruling on Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by agabaI23(m): 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2015

Amanpour: Nigerians is faced with the difficult option of choosing between a failed president and a former military dictator with a bad human rights record.

BUHARI : All those things you mentioned were done under military administration; if we did not suspend the constitution then, it would have been difficult for us to operate under those circumstances. So I do not think I should be judged as an individual for those things that happened then.”

This guy has told us that he cannot function properly under the constitution.
We still have the constitution, why does he want to lead us with the constitution? He cannot function properly with the constitution.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by barbstee(m): 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
Kk
Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by agabaI23(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
barcanista, theV0ice, ellechrystal, FireFire, anonimi, whynotthetruth, kenai, datolee BlackTechnology, Seun, lalasticlala, ishilove

1 Like

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by olas24u(f): 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
agabaI23:

We still have the constitution, why does he want to lead us with the constitution? He cannot function properly with the constitution.

we have a National assembly ,we have a judiciary ,just like what GEj is trying to do now ,but there is a National assembly that will check him .that is just the same thing that will happen under Buhari

5 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by agabaI23(m): 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
olas24u:

we have a National assembly ,we have a judiciary ,just like what GEj is trying to do now ,but there is a National assembly that will check him .that is just the same thing that will happen under Buhari
We do have those things that's my problem.
He said he cannot function properly under the constitution, that includes observing the separation of power.

He cannot, and that was why he suspended the constitution and and of course dissolved the national assembly.

You people claim that the circumstances in Nigeria is the same as it was when he destroyed democracy, if he could not function properly then, why will he function properly now?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
All I can say is let God help nigeria... to me GEJ might not ve satisfied us o, but buhari isn't an option. .

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Collynzo9: 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
That is why he keeps dodging the question of how exactly he will fight corruption in a democracy.
Maybe he will have to suspend the constitution again and enact decrees on his own.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by olas24u(f): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2015
agabaI23:
He said he cannot function properly under the constitution, that includes observing the separation of power.

He cannot, and that was why he suspended the constitution and and of course dissolved the national assembly.

You people claim that the circumstances in Nigeria is the same as it was when he destroyed democracy, if he could not function properly then, why will he function properly now?

The NPN government was very corrupt ,the economy was so bad as at that time and the military came to fight corruption,it was a revolution.It was a military rule and the function by decrees and not constitution,this was to stabilize the country maintain discipline ,law and order ,but the revolution was truncated it was just 18 months.But it succeeded in Ghana after .

7 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by olas24u(f): 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
agabaI23:

All Politicians that was sentenced to prison by the 1984 Military Tribunal were found to either enrich themselves with public funds or diverted public funds. Non were convicted by fiat

6 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by agabaI23(m): 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
olas24u:

The NPN government was very corrupt ,the economy was so bad as at that time and the military came to fight corruption,it was a revolution.It was a military rule and the function by decrees and not constitution,this was to stabilize the country maintain discipline ,law and order ,but the revolution was truncated it was just 18 months.But it succeeded in Ghana after .

I am sorry, you have not addressed the point. The point is that he could not function properly with the constitution. Is the army above the constitution? Subsequent military rulers worked with the constitution.

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
Buhari is a military man anytime any day, and some kids will be shouting change. I pity dem generation, dis man ruled wen ya parents were still scoping each oda and now he's coming back to say he wants to give ya change, at d age of 72 years old, wen is it going to ever be ya turn to rule? Question for "children for change"

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by olas24u(f): 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
agabaI23:
I am sorry, you have not addressed the point. The point is that he could not function properly with the constitution. Is the army above the constitution? Subsequent military rulers worked with the constitution.

Military uses decrees or fiat to make laws ,they made new laws with stiffer punishment.The point you want =me to make i dont understand because under a military rule you normally dont have a national assembly .,but you have the judiciary that will implemnts the laws of the land ,the laws of the land were decrees and the judges based all their judgments on that.Even the constitution you are talking about was the 1979 constitution that gave birth to wastage and corruption and increased spending .

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
agabaI23:

You political E-rats won't seize to amaze me
You people keep calling someone an illiterate and yet simply English you can't comprehend..
I guess you forgot that. The person that ask him the question was talking about the past..and all the military leaders were all dictators..

And you come here and start confusing people with bullsh..it

"Sane people are now rare to find"
Keep up your political E-rats job,I heard you guys are currently fighting for the position of the best E-rats as demanded by your pay masters...

Kluumpks

14 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by agabaI23(m): 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2015
olas24u:

All Politicians that was sentenced to prison by the 1984 Military Tribunal were found to either enrich themselves with public funds or diverted public funds. Non were convicted by fiat
That is what the APC told you to say? grin grin

Why was Shagari not imprisoned? A simple question?
Why was Awwal Ibrahim the Governor of Niger state not jailed? He was set free after just 2 weeks in house arrest when he was found with GBP14 million in cash at Heathrow airport?
Adekunle Ajasin was tried by a military tribunal and found innocent. Buhari ordered a fresh trial, he was found innocent again. Buhari changed the tribunal and tried him again. He was still found innocent. Buhari still jailed him.

Ekwueme was never tried by any military tribunal....

And can the grasshopper be innocent in the gathering of fowls?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by agabaI23(m): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
kevinberry:

You people keep calling someone an illiterate and yet simply English you can't comprehend..
I guess you forgot that. The person that ask him the question was talking about the past..and all the military leaders were all dictators..

Keep up your political E-rats job,I heard you guys are currently fighting for the position of the best E-rats as demanded by your pay masters...

Kluumpks
I think you should address the point bro. No need for e-branding. I have not paid for that branding wink

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by tit(f): 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
we are going to retire march Pa Buhari to Daura.

6 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by SweetJoystick(m): 9:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
kevinberry:

Kluumpks
No mind the dumb fool seeking attention, understanding English language/sentences is really an herculean task for people with very low IQ

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by olas24u(f): 9:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
agabaI23:
That is what the APC told you to say? grin grin

Why was Shagari not imprisoned? A simple question?
Why was Awwal Ibrahim the Governor of Niger state not jailed? He was set free after just 2 weeks in house arrest when he was found with GBP14 million in cash at Heathrow airport?
Adekunle Ajasin was tried by a military tribunal and found innocent. Bubuahhari ordered a fresh trial, he was found innocent again. Buhari changed the tribunal and tried him again. He was still found innocent. Buhari still jailed him.

Ekwueme was never tried by any military tribunal....

And can the grasshopper be innocent in the gathering of fowls?

It was Buhari &idiagbon regime. And acted based on intelligence that they were given ,they were not in charge of picking people or jailing them,they were head of the government and they get feed back from time to time.You want to accuse Buhari of favoritism what about Dikko ?they spent only 18months it was very short to address so many things they wanted to do.even the coup that overthrew them was because of ongoing investigation.They would have corrected some of this things.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Firefire(m): 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Buhari is a military man anytime any day, and some kids will be shouting change. I pity dem generation, dis man ruled wen ya parents were still scoping each oda and now he's coming back to say he wants to give ya change, at d age of 72 years old, wen is it going to ever be ya turn to rule? Question for "children for change"

Buhary is a mistaken identify for change... anyone touting 'CHANGE' in Buhary should be pitied as the fellow already lost touch with reality.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan will complete his full term of 8 Years in 2019.

Shalom!

7 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Firefire(m): 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
tit:
we are going to retire march Pa Buhari to Daura.

You mean like this shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
agabaI23:
I think you should address the point bro. No need for e-branding. I have not paid for that branding wink
Am glad you did not bother defending yourself as a political E-rats..

Now the answer to your. Question is another question

"You as a political E-rats,during your first time of being employed were your propaganda not published through newspaper back then before you were trained on how to use the net..

And compare it with this era where you guys are being housed in silos with uninterrupted. Power supply and data..

Do you still choose to go back to the newspaper era..I guess your. Answer will be no..

So is the situation of buhari,back then he was acting mainly by the rules of a military leader

And in this era,there is not such things..

5 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
Ogbeni, was Buhari democratically elected?

6 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by A7(m): 9:56pm On Feb 12, 2015
The bolded below is what the General was asked and the reply he gave. The op distort and mispresent the interview.

Amanpour: Can I now ask you about yourself because headlines around the world are portraying this election as a
choice between a failed president and a former dictator. And you're the former dictator according to these headlines. You know, people say and they remember that you expelled 700,000 migrants years ago, thinking that would create jobs, that you have banned political meetings and free speech, that you've detained thousands of people, secret tribunals, executing people for crimes that were not capital offenses. Have you changed? Or is this what the Nigerian people have to look forward to?

Buhari: Well, all those things you mentioned with a degree of accuracy of actually what happened was then under military administration. When that military administration came under my leadership we suspended as military then part of that constitution that we felt will be difficult for us to operate under that circumstances. So, I think am being judged harshly as an individual that what happened during the military administration can be extended under multi party democratic system.

So, you satanists are the ones complicating issues, the General has embraced democracy and has shown commitment to abide by the constitution here.

The rest of the interview for your pleasure:

Amanpour: OK. So now you say you're a democrat. What do you think you can do to combat Boko Haram and to combat the galloping corruption in your country?

Buhari: Well, Boko Haram, we know how it started. Certainly the Nigerian military that built a reputation internationally for effectiveness is a
great embarrassment to them and to the country that they haven't been able to secure Nigerian of an area of 14 local govts out of 774, I believe this problem will not be too difficult for APC govt because we know the Nigerian military is competent and is a question of making sure the money voted for equipment and training are properly utilised.

Amanpour: About corruption, there's so many complaints for many people around your country about the massive
corruption they say. Can you face up
against that? Are you committed to rooting out corruption?

BUHARI: We have to because there are serious citizens of this country that said unless Nigeria kills corruption- corruption will kill Nigeria. And that's best illustrated by another hearing conducted by the national assembly on pension funds, question on electric power and then corruption in the petroleum industry which the country depend over 90 percent of its external revenue, the national assembly conducted the hearing here in Abuja and the 6 geographical zones and has taken the recommendations to the executives and it has been there in their collecting dust for the last 18 months

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
barcanista:

Op is simply saying; if he couldn't function under the constitution then in his youth with all the energy and strength, hence his numerous human right abuses...so how can he function NOW with same constitution even given that he has lost his strength to age it is still democracy you know...

Or is it this same allergy to constitution that made him disdainfully ignore the peace committee(Oputa panel) that ran under democracy

And if he doesn't want to be associated with his failures then he should also willingly dissociate from the success of that regime too if any...but running away from his assault on Nigerians then, without any official apology is an insult to our collective memory...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Truckpusher(m): 10:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
Firefire:

Buhary is a mistaken identify for change... anyone touting 'CHANGE' in Buhary should be pitied as the fellow already lost touch with reality.

Dr. Goodluck Jonathan will complete his full term of 8 Years in 2019.

Shalom!

grin

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by agabaI23(m): 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
kevinberry:

Am glad you did not bother defending yourself as a political E-rats..

Now the answer to your. Question is another question

"You as a political E-rats,during your first time of being employed were your propaganda not published through newspaper back then before you were trained on how to use the net..

And compare it with this era where you guys are being housed in silos with uninterrupted. Power supply and data..

Do you still choose to go back to the newspaper era..I guess your. Answer will be no..

So is the situation of buhari,back then he was acting mainly by the rules of a military leader

And in this era,there is not such things..
Who wrote the rules for military leaders? The regime of a military is just the reflection of his person.
We have had other military leaders after him remember. He thrives on falsehood and has nothing to show.

Look at the attached. It was a newspaper article written by Prof Okey Ndibe when he was overthrown. Enjoy the read!

1 Like

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by agabaI23(m): 10:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
barcanista:
Does it change the fact that he said he cannot work properly under the constitution?

And even when the constitution was set aside, he was a disaster.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
when is it going to be ya time to steal from d national cake,?that is d question for 'CAN',d answer to 'saTANiod' time to steal again is over,we must stop and change d mind set of d younger generation from crime and corruption as d only means to survive.buhari wil set d pathway for a better tomoro.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
agabaI23:

Who wrote the rules for military leaders? The regime of a military is just the reflection of his person.
We have had other military leaders after him remember. He thrives on falsehood and has nothing to show.

Look at the attached. It was a newspaper article written by Prof Okey Ndibe when he was overthrown. Enjoy the read!

You don't have to promote the work of your mentor

If you cannot tell me how is own military regime is different from the rest military leaders

Then don't confuse me with your bullshi.t. Klumpks

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
when is it going to be ya time to steal from d national cake,?that is d question for 'CAN',d answer to 'saTANiod' time to steal again is over,we must stop and change d mind set of d younger generation from crime and corruption as d only means to survive.buhari wil set d pathway for a better tomoro.
ma bro, dere is no soul as corrupt as tinubu. All d money asiwaju of corruption is spending on him, do ya tink tinubu cares abt ya "change"? Stop dreaming, wake up to reality, abi tinubu come run charity organisation. Ve asked one question, wen tinubu was d governor pls point out anytin he did in lagos state, even d fashola he gave us he don turn am to tout. D guy is always dancing shoki ontop his thuggery behaviours dis days. Or its fayemi, dat emptied d whole of ekiti acct, am waiting to hear abt tinubu project he ruled lagos state.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by saintopus(m): 11:04pm On Feb 12, 2015
olas24u:

Including Fela too?
Re: I Can't Comply With The Constitution & Function Properly- Buhari by genearts(m): 11:08pm On Feb 12, 2015
Buhari was not elected, so his govnt has no constitutional backing and cannot operate with the constitution because it is an "illegal" govnt. So suspending d constitution first is normal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Moves To Enforce Patronage Of Local Goods / Industrial Court Holds Session For Ocholi / Ekiti Pays ENDSARS Victims, Farmers N507.4m Compensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.