Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,154 members, 7,864,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Is Nigeria In Danger? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria In Danger? (333 Views)

Wall Street Journal: Buhari Is Nigeria’s Problem, Not Its Solution / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / My Life Is In Danger - Abia Female REC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria In Danger? by buba2015: 1:59pm On Feb 15, 2015
IS NIGERIA IN DANGER?

By Buba mallam Isa
A free political analytic

Few years ago we heard that Nigeria may break up in 2015 or remains stronger. Fingers were pointing at the US who has come out to deny such prognosis. Recently the US equally said that there were no signs of Nigeria breaking up in 2015 even with the charged security and political atmosphere. One thing I personally admire the US is that, the will always find their way no matter how long. I quickly remember Osama bin Laden’s death, the fall of Saddam and the man from Libya. Of course, the world generally is a political world where interest of purpose drives motives and supports.

Here we are in 2015 facing Security, economic and transitional problems. But come to think of it, if US would have own up to the prediction of Nigeria breaking up by 2015. Would Nigeria have escaped these problems that stir directly to our faces? The 2015 general elections (under probability) has thrown a lot of issues on how Nigeria was already divided against herself. Just yesterday, our former US ambassador allegedly said the 2015 elections may “Precipitate violence that could destabilize Nigeria”.

The people have allowed themselves to be milked by a few political leaders who continued to sell false propaganda to the poor majority. From the North to the southern part, the elites corruptly enrich themselves with oil blocks. Imagine where one family controls several oil blocks in the Niger delta running into Billions of US dollars annually. This money would have been used to develop many other solid mineral resources, build many new refineries and petro-chemical industries, thereby creating millions of job for tinning graduates.

We as people continue to have the choice of how our tomorrow will be. Do we want to license oil block to those same leaders who have miss-led and mismanaged the resources because of ethnic and religious divide? Do we want a good leader not necessarily from the same region? Why can’t we Nigerians enjoy the dividends of all the money from oil block in form of massive infrastructural development?

If the 2015 election will be heard, please use your vote to secure your future. The youths are particularly to vote for their future. Do you still think the future is yours? Mediocrity and false propaganda will deny you and I this dream future. Nigeria may be in a dangerous situation if all this are allowed to continue.

We must stand as a people to demand for our right if we still have the opportunity to do so because things are getting late. No matter which part of divide you find yourself, stand for equity, standards, merits and above all the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

My Country Nigeria / APC Candidate,akin Ambode, MI, And Desmond Eliot Shut Down Ikeja And Lekki Malls / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Public?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.