Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? (902 Views)

List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / Teenage Pregnancy: A Silent Menance In Nigeria / I See No Good Reason To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? by valkaka(m): 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
I have chanced on certain men who are of the opinion and belief that they need to sample the "produce" they intend to "purchase" making sure its worth the "price" before going ahead to do so. They want to be sure that the land they buy is potent and fruitful enough to reproduce enough so that their labor will not be in vain. That said, some men want to make sure that the ladies they marry can bear forth children and so will want to impregnate them first before going ahead with the marriage. They think that most of these ladies have had enough abortions with its own complications therefore rendering some of these women incapable of bringing forth. Once the lady takes seed, then they can proceed with the marriage

Some women have realized that certain men are just scared of commitment, they will rather go through years and years of dating and not "put a ring on the finger" since they'll keep procrastinating till thy kingdom come. The ladies have also decided to hook these men and drag them into marriage by getting pregnant, since some of these guys will want to do good by the ladies.

So I ask is pregnancy the right reason to get married?

I know of a lot of instances where such situations happen but within a few years, divorce is staring right in their faces. Some are able to hang on for the sake of the children in the marriage but most others just let it go.........so I ask again what do u think? Is pregnancy a good reason for getting married?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? by brightology3: 8:20pm On Feb 15, 2015
Pregnancy is nt d right reason 2 get married. A typical igbo man will want 2 see his gf get pregnant b4 proceeding 4 any marriage.Even though is nt right biblically bt tins happening ard us 2day mks men do d otherwise.same goes 2 d ladies,sm men re really trickish, n so scared of responsibility of marriage,nt untill it falls on dem,dey won't pick up d task.some gals re desperando too.because d guy get money dem go hock belle 4 he neck.which is nt fair bt white and such marriage dn't end well,i ve seen lot of dem
Re: Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? by Dubemkelly(m): 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nah its not, the child could still be catered for the the man responsible for the baby product is reasonable and rational.
Re: Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? by todayguest(m): 8:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
50/50
Re: Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? by KanwuliaJara: 10:17pm On Feb 15, 2015
Depends on the circumstances!
Every situation is different.

Sometimes yes, MOST TIMES NO!!!!! kiss
Re: Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? by estheremma(f): 10:22pm On Feb 15, 2015
I know someone who was pregnant b4 marriage,she lost dat prenancy @ 31weeks n'den remained childless,so in dat kind of case,what would such guy do?i kw anoda in my neborhood,after dat first pregnancy she wedded wit,none has come again,dat baby is now 26 n'just got married,i pity anyone using pregnancy as criteria for marriage,we are mere mortals n'must not test God,in d'first case i mentioned both parties remarried n'had kids with dia new spouses,those spouse are not dumb,i believe they heard of their childless state n'still believed in God
Re: Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? by teeboo: 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
No its not,but if it happens b4 marriage no big deal,u can use pregnancy as criteria and end up raising another man's child,another tin is men can be source of infertility too
Re: Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 16, 2015
valkaka:
I have chanced on certain men who are of the opinion and belief that they need to sample the "produce" they intend to "purchase" making sure its worth the "price" before going ahead to do so. They want to be sure that the land they buy is potent and fruitful enough to reproduce enough so that their labor will not be in vain.
*pukes over text*

Nauseating farm metaphors aside, I'd say let people do what suits them. It's something I'd never do, but people have their own reasoning and I won't deny them that.
Re: Pregnancy..........a Good Reason For Marriage? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
If a man tells me that, we would be over and done with right there. Rubbish.

As for females who think they can trap a man with pregnancy, smh.
If that man can't commit, no baby can make him stay. No girl, no.
If you're considering going to that extent to keep him, most likely
he ain't your Mr. Right. For your own good, keep it moving.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Should Resign To Take Care Of The Kids, Husband Or Wife? / UPDATE: Lagos Househelp Who Kidnapped 3 Boys Negotiates With Their Parents / 10 Year Old Twin Sisters Lose Their Lives After Ghastly Car Accident (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.