Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,015 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Food Troubles... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Food Troubles... (768 Views)

Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. / She's Too Small To Be Causing Troubles In Her Family. / Have You Ever Blamed Your Villagers For Your Troubles ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food Troubles... by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
Here IT is!!!

I moved to abuja last year for NYSC and I stay with my aunt...
Now, I stay at the BQ but I don't cook...I eat the main house food...
I have a strong issue with the taste of my aunt's food..it's not bad but I believe it's due to the fact that I'm a Core Southerner (Rivers girl) and she lived most of her life in the north (Kaduna).

I really try to eat the food cooked but I end up vomitting it or have a date with the toilet...

When Johesu was on strike, I made my Indomie, fried plantain and fried yam by myself...I was left with this choice because I lied to her that I don't eat eba, beans and stew because I really I could not tolerate the way she prepared these dishes...

Anyway, I work now and I really don't have much time to myself anymore...I rarely go to the main house for food anymore because I go to work by 4:30am and get back by 7.00pm on a good day....I've been feeding on bread alone for the past three weeks...

Please, how do I make her realise I have to start cooking my own stews and soups without causing a problem between us...
Re: Food Troubles... by KMB: 9:07pm On Feb 15, 2015
Offer to cook
Re: Food Troubles... by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
KMB:
Offer to cook

I tried that before and I always meet the huge pot of food waiting for me to devour.

I guess they don't like the taste of my food too.
Re: Food Troubles... by ifegy: 4:26am On Feb 16, 2015
Get a tiny cooker and mini fridge and cook for yourself maybe? Suggest you want to improve your cooking skills for your future life; or you really like cooking and want to experiment with different dishes on your own, or something like that...
Re: Food Troubles... by nnamdiosu(m): 7:20am On Feb 16, 2015
keppyy:

I tried that before and I always meet the huge pot of food waiting for me to devour.

I guess they don't like the taste of my food too.

my dear that's the solution looking at you in the face. go to meet ur aunt and explain to her that just as you cook for them and they can't eat likewise you too r having the same problem. she should understand that that ur human too like them.....just as they can't eat ur food Becos they aren't used to it, so like wise you.
Dont hesitate o. unless you will develop a bread bakery in ur stomach since you've been eating bread for three weeks.
Re: Food Troubles... by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 16, 2015
nnamdiosu:

my dear that's the solution looking at you in the face. go to meet ur aunt and explain to her that just as you cook for them and they can't eat likewise you too r having the same problem. she should understand that that ur human too like them.....just as they can't eat ur food Becos they aren't used to it, so like wise you.
Dont hesitate o. unless you will develop a bread bakery in ur stomach since you've been eating bread for three weeks.

Okayyyy...Thanks for understanding...I hope she understands too...
Re: Food Troubles... by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 16, 2015
ifegy:
Get a tiny cooker and mini fridge and cook for yourself maybe? Suggest you want to improve your cooking skills for your future life; or you really like cooking and want to experiment with different dishes on your own, or something like that...

I have all these things already....thanks, your suggestion is great.

(1) (Reply)

Before I Implode.... / Find New Family Member / Here Is List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Child(ren) At Early Age.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.