Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

My Experience With MTN Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With MTN Nigeria (1694 Views)

SHOCKING: Nigerian Govt Sidelines NCC, Strikes Secret Deal With MTN. / What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? / Why You Should Browse With Mtn Instead Of Other Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With MTN Nigeria by alexola20(m): 2:24am On Feb 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by annibro(f): 2:40am On Feb 16, 2015
alexola20:
I'm not even sure where to post this.But I had a very horrible experience with MTN Nigeria tonight 15-02-2015.
I always get mtn surprise message that "Get 2 times what you recharge every weekend! Recharge with *888*12 Digit PIN# from 6pm on Fridays. Dial *889# for ur bonus. Valid till 11.59pm every Sunday".
Anyway I tried to use this code to recharge my line tonight in order to get my bonus which I thought I missed last weekend.But after using NGN400*4 mtn recharge cards,I was hoping to get my 1600 + 1600 bonus.But I just checked my phone around 2am to make a call but I got 0naira on my phone.
Has anybody has any experience like this with mtn?
How can I go about retrieving my money back from mtn nigeria?
What step should I take if they refuse to help?

Thanks in advance.

My broda, u can't get d money back. Dis package runs from 6pm friday til 11:59pm on sundays. So after dat tyme d money expires. U wer meant 2 finish it b4 12midnite even if u loaded by 11:55 meaning u ve only about 5mins to use it. Just like someone who loads 11pm of saturday has about 24hrs to use up.
MTN is very crafty. U need 2 understand d instruction b4 u attempt it. No one favours anyone. Sorry about d loss though.
Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by alexola20(m): 3:14am On Feb 16, 2015
Re: My Experience With MTN Nigeria by tyconcepts(f): 6:02am On Feb 16, 2015
alexola20:
Hmm!what kind of dubious network is this?There was no instruction about the bonus in the message they sent to my phone before I tried to recharge my line.And I never believed that using that code may make me lose my 1600naira to mtn,just like that.
This is very dubious of them.I will tell the world about them.It'll be their new ad.

Your telling the world doesn't change anything nor will it make people break their Sims.

You didn't know how it works so you made a mistake..... Its best you call their customer service and see if there is a way out.

If there is none then am sorry about ur loss, at least you won't make same mistake again.

Have experienced such with small amount tho, I didn't bother calling them.

#Mtn is a rose with thorns.

(1) (Reply)

An Experience With The MTN Consumer Care / Which Is The Best Tough Smartphone In The Market / Huawei Honor 3C – Full Phone Specifications & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.