Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. (45542 Views)

12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Adminstration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 17, 2015
If there is one thing that hasn't work well for President Goodluck Jonathan, it is the calibre of men and women who he has appointed in various positions. Here are 12 personalities that have further dented president's personal image and image of his administration.

1. Alhaji Bamanga Tukur
His disastrous tenure as PDP's national chairman was the biggest game changer for the PDP from which it might never recover. Bamanga's tenure also coincided is the period when three major opposition parties were consolidating into one major opposition party, but the chairman face to recognised the emerging, Instead, he encouraged the party leader to settle personal scores within the party. It was a cover for Bamanga to also settle personal scores of his own. He suspended a state governor for refusing to answer his phone calls. He watched askance as seven governor formed a faction called 'the new PDP' (nPDP), and he didn't care a hoot when five governors jumped ship and joined the APC.

2. Chief Edwin Clark
As soon as Dr Goodluck Jonathan rose to the presidency, this Gowon-era Information Minister created for himself a position hitherto unknown in Nigeria politics, that of the president's ethnic godfather. No yoruba pontentate occupied the post during Olursegun Obasanjo's eight years and even the feeble President Umaru Yar'adua has no such godfather. Rather than use his extra-constitutional position to steady the presiden's position, Clark use it to create numerous enemies for Jonathan through his use of intemperate language and regular assaults at dissenting folks.

3. Mrs Diezani Allison Madueke
No one get to sit atop Nigeria's oil industry without making many enemies. Mrs Allinson Madueke's beauty, fluent english and polished manner gained for her a lot of mileage, but the sleaze in the oil industry ultimately caught up with her. Most damaging have been the scandalous rip offs in oil subsidy payment, the botched attempt to remove the oil subsidy in 2012, Sanusi allegation of the missing 20 billion dollars and the reported 10 billion naira to hire private jet, not to mention the failure to pass the PIB bill.

4. Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
The first ever coordinating Minister fancies herself as an Economy wunderkind as per with German chancellor Konrad Adenauer or the Japanese prime Minister Salo, while most Nigerians thought economy condition were harsh. Mrs Okonjo-Iweala bandied figures and said it is among the best managed in the world. This sharp discrepancy between the officials claim and people's feelings did much damage to the adminstration's credibilty. Nor was there any preparations of the public mind for the steep fall in oil prices, the sharp drop on external reserve and the pecipitous decline of the naira.

5.Dame Patience Jonathan
In the last five decades Nigerian first ladies have often been mired in one controversy or another. Mrs Patience Jonathan however stands in the class of her own making gaffes and ill-advice actions that badly affected the public image of her husband's regime. Worst of them all was her intervention in the Chibok girls' saga and he futile attempts to prove that her husband's political enemies ochestrated the whole affair. Her quarrel with Rotimi Amaechi, governor of her home state, also resulted in PDP's most impactful loss of a political figure.

6. Mujaheed Dokubo Asari
The ex militant's coarse manner, intemperate language and his own threats against whole region of the country supposedly in Jonathan's service did much political damage. Asari was later joined by ex-militant to threaten war against the country should Jonathan lose the election. Their joint threat jointly antagonised non-partisan opinion all over the country.

7. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo
If remark murst be matched to record, this former two-time ruler has no moral authority to criticise anyone but the willy Obasanjo re-launched himself back
into the reckoning of Nigerians by superheading attacks against the Jonathan regime in the last two years. Many people suspect that his motives are ungodly, yet Obasanjo's devastating attcks against Jonathan, sometimes through letters, at other times through public lectures have taken a heavy toll. The Jonathan presidency never quite settled on the best way to tackle Obasanjo. Sometimes it answerd his letters, at Other times it tried to ignore him and at still other times it send seven PDP governors to plead with him to keep quiet.

8. Governor Godswill Akpabio
This ambitious Akwon Ibom state governor rapidly moved very closed to President Jonathan and soon installed himself as president's top gubernatorial enforcer. At one point he went about the task wisely, such as when he talked Bamanga into reversing Governor Aliyu Wamako's suspention. Other times he handled matters with very damaging crudity, such as the 16 is greater than 19 affair, which effectively destroyed the Nigeria Governors Forum.

9. Alhaji Adamu Mu'azu
When he replaced Bamangar Tukur as PDP 's Chairman, the former Bauch state governor was proclaimed by his partymen as the game changer. It turned out that he underestimated the fall in PDP's esteem an social political stature. Even though Mu'azu toured the country trying to lured back members who defected though he refrained from creating more problems by not trying to settle personal scores. The damage had been done an he was unable to reverse it.

10. Vice President Namadi Sambo
Many of Jonathan's kitchen cabinet would sit back and say that the vice president is to be blame for failing to stem the tide when the country's single largest voting bloc, the far North, turned completely against the Jonathan regime. Some Nothern PDP Governors encouraged this believe in the hope of replacing Sambo on the ticket. Sambo has nothing of the political drive and ambition of say, Atiku Abubakar. His affable and non-controversial nature did not add to the regimes problems, but it did not slave of the decline either.

11. NSA and Military service Chiefs.
The top security chiefs have contributed to President Jonathan and PDP's problem in only three ways. One was their failure to tame Boko Haram despite repeated claims that they will do so. Second was their timing the operation to end the Boko Haram once and for all with the date set for presidential election.
The third final damage inflicted by the service chief was their asking for election to be postponed while the attack Boko Haram.

12. Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
The president contributed to his current party's predicament in only three ways that I can think of. They are his lack of adequate knowledge about Nigeria, lack of adequate preparations before becoming the president of Nigeria and lack of catching up sturdy when he became the president of Nigeria.

His mistake in choosing Bamanga Tukur, his overreliance on Ngosi, Diezani and Akpabio, his initial misreading of Boko Haram as a political plot, his inability to manage Obasanjo, Edwin clark, Aminu Tambuwal, PDP and ex-militant can all be attributed to those three inadequacies.

Source: www.naij.com/386135-12-people-who-ruined-pdp-and-jonathans-adminstration.html

183 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Freelancer00(m): 12:18am On Feb 17, 2015
True that. Especially that Edwin Clark guy. The guy Na winsh

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 17, 2015
Freelancer00:
True that. Especially that Edwin Clark guy. The guy Na winsh

he's a wizard.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by sweetgala(m): 12:48am On Feb 17, 2015
Add Stella Oduah

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 17, 2015
9. Alhaji Adamu Mu'azu
When he replaced Bamangar Tukur as PDP 's Chairman, the former Bauch state governor was proclaimed by his partymen as the game changer. It turned out that he underestimated the fall in PDP's esteem an social political stature. Even though Mu'azu toured the country trying to lured back members who defected though he refrained from creating more problems by not trying to settle personal scores. The damage had been done an he was unable to reverse it.

10. Vice President Namadi Sambo
Many of Jonathan's kitchen cabinet would sit back and say that the vice president is to be blame for failing to stem the tide when the country's single largest voting bloc, the far North, turned completely against the Jonathan regime. Some Nothern PDP Governors encouraged this believe in the hope of replacing Sambo on the ticket. Sambo has nothing of the political drive and ambition of say, Atiku Abubakar. His affable and non-controversial nature did not add to the regimes problems, but it did not slave of the decline either.

11. NSA and Military service Chiefs.
The top security chiefs have contributed to President Jonathan and PDP's problem in only three ways. One was their failure to tame Boko Haram despite repeated claims that they will do so. Second was their timing the operation to end the Boko Haram once and for all with the date set for presidential election.
The third final damage inflicted by the service chief was their asking for election to be postponed while the attack Boko Haram.

12. Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
The president contributed to his current party's predicament in only three ways that I can think of. They are his lack of adequate knowledge about Nigeria, lack of adequate preparations before becoming the president of Nigeria and lack of catching up sturdy when he became the president of Nigeria.

His mistake in choosing Bamanga Tukur, his overreliance on Ngosi, Diezani and Akpabio, his initial misreading of Boko Haram as a political plot, his inability to manage Obasanjo, Edwin clark, Aminu Tambuwal, nPDP and ex-militant can all be attributed to those three inadequacies.

How can a match be won with 12 players scoring own goals grin.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Nobody: 1:14am On Feb 17, 2015
sooooo true.

16 Likes

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by wislika2015: 1:15am On Feb 17, 2015
I love reading such comments or ideas. You are good keep it though I will still cast 7 of my family votes for GEJ, I wish him success.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by oduastates: 1:21am On Feb 17, 2015
The order.

1) his no 1 weakness is Patience.
2) the epicentre of corruption is madueke
3) the self serving egomaniac apkabio
4) the incompetent Iweala
5) the hungry rats in the villa (omokri, abati, maku,Okupe)

168 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Nobody: 1:28am On Feb 17, 2015
wislika2015:
I love reading such comments or ideas. You are good keep it though I will still cast 7 of my family votes for GEJ, I wish him success.
undecided cry

2 Likes

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 17, 2015
oduastates:
The order.

1) his no 1 weakness is Patience.
2) the epicentre of corruption is madueke
3) the self serving egomaniac apkabio
4) the incompetent Iweala
5) the hungry rats in the villa (omokri, abati, maku,Okupe)

gringringrin.........sooo true

51 Likes

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by dharyour93(m): 1:55am On Feb 17, 2015
WELL SAID. Like the you back proverbs that says "SHOW ME YOUR FRIEND AND I WILL TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE".

If GEJ had sorrounded himself with good people, WHO IS BUHARI TO contest against him? Instead, GEJ preferred to make his friends and accolades happy by pretending not to see everything going on around him. Forgetting that he is the President and everything will backfire.

GEJ REALLY MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE WHICH I'M SURE HE WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO MEND.

HE let people drag his name in mud for political and selfish reasons.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by ogbronx(m): 4:05am On Feb 17, 2015
In summary, the president finished himself by being inept.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by seunfly: 6:46am On Feb 17, 2015
Gej ruined himself when :
(1) He turned himself from a popular nationwide accepted president to president seen by some region, ethnic and religion as their own.
(2) When some cabals that Nigerians fought against to bring him into power hijacked him, play some sychophancy game on him and he deserted Nigerians to do the will of the cabals.
(3) When he allowed first lady to control him dictates to Nigerians and subsequently allowed some sycophants to abuse and disgraced every well meaning Nigerians who tried to call her to order.
(4) When he allowed vultures and scavengers to take over his governments and extort Nigerians.
(5) When he allowed himself to be played into religious game and allow insult on other religion just to win some sympathy ( mind you, I'm a Christian too but I don't tolerate religious bigotry as played by this administration).

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by nex(m): 7:08am On Feb 17, 2015
I'm sad that Stella Oduah didn't make the team, although I do admit that most of the players mentioned here totally out-played her. I think she should be on the bench. Dieziani and Patience really ruined this man. I can tell you for free that your President is obsessed with the Minister Of Petroleum, and would do anything for her.

The truth is that Jonathan carefully chose all of his friends, and he must live with the consequences of having them. Goodluck to him as he journeys back to Otuoke.

71 Likes

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 17, 2015
Ruin or no ruin I and my household will cast our votes for GEJ

#Rubbish

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by jaybee104(m): 7:42am On Feb 17, 2015
see OBJ.. PDP gave u everything for 8yrs, I can still remember that elections under him was bloody &
100% rigging
. even if PDP is bad, u don't have to leave them at this stage.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Sierraloaded: 7:42am On Feb 17, 2015
Haa
Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Oildichotomy(m): 7:42am On Feb 17, 2015
He sure surrounded himself with some goons that I wasn't too comfortable with but don't take it away from him.

GEJ is still one of the best thing to happen to Nigeria in a long while, a good deviation from regular powers that be and has continually held the country by the balls to suit their John Thomases.

GEJ till some people recognise Nigeria is NOT their birthright

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Maczeelly(m): 7:43am On Feb 17, 2015
Hahahahahahahaha
Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by JingoOAU(m): 7:44am On Feb 17, 2015
Especially that Edwin Clark, when the likes of Soyinka, Falana, Tinubu, Ezekwesili,etc were risking their lives by protesting so that Jonathan could be the Acting President, where were the likes of Tompolo, Dokubo, Clark,etc....very ungrateful ignoramus

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by j4sure(m): 7:44am On Feb 17, 2015
ok

SO TOUCHING SUPER STORY. WELL BEING A PRESIDENT FOR 6YEARS IN THIS BIG NAIJA NA GREAT PRIVILEGE OOO. HE HAD TRIED SHA WHETHER GOOD OR BAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Warlord3000(m): 7:44am On Feb 17, 2015
If only..

Na aunty ngozi role I no dey gbadun pass...

If that woman bring paper out ehn..

Una go think say naija economy beat USA, dubai or China economy pass ni..

Economy policies on paper wey the De Rica can of rice is 170 from N80...

And N60 beans is now N210..

Thunder fire paper economic stability cheesy

64 Likes

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Faibuhari: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2015
Obasanjo is the only problrm in PDP and thank GOD he left in grand style so GEJ is on the ascendancy now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 17, 2015
Only interested in the word "ruined". Hehe

2 Likes

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by vjsmiles: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2015
another APC propabullsh!t angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by Faibuhari: 7:45am On Feb 17, 2015
Another write up from. A disgruntled APC data centre worker who needs to do this for his january salary to be paid.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by OgologoDimkpa: 7:46am On Feb 17, 2015
Witches and Wizards on the prowl embarassed
Another useless write up.

Whatever, GEJ is not leaving ASo Rock till 2019.

10 Likes

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by dante23: 7:46am On Feb 17, 2015
where is doyin okupe in all this?

3 Likes

Re: 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. by condralbede(m): 7:47am On Feb 17, 2015
OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Retired Commodore Kunle Olawunmi Appears At DIA / Ekiti Election: Coalition Of Observers Reject Results, To Release Findings / Why We Refused To Sell Cobra Helicopters To Nigeria - US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.