Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,850 members, 7,820,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please (32992 Views)

Popular Movies From The Past. / Best Yoruba Movies Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by dayokanu(m): 5:54am On Jan 06, 2009
David,

Did you watch Arelu? fadeyi Oloro, orishabunmi and co
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 06, 2009
davidylan:

since wey i don dey beg you . . . ok o.
when did you beg me eh? tongue

dayokanu:

TOYIN,

hOW ABOUT US WATCHING IT TOGETHER IN THE ROOM
ehrrrrm ehrrrrrrrrm *tongue tied* embarassed

dayokanu:

David,

David? abeg, he's more into his soap opera and oyinbo movies cheesy
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by tkb417(m): 8:31am On Jan 06, 2009
David must have seen Arelu nowww haba even if he was born in the 'tushest' part of town grin

can u guys remember okanlawon? asewo to re mecca, what about all those ogunde films? shocked shocked
kannakanna buy aluwe, ogboju ode ninu igbo something, sokoti alagbede orun grin grin
those ones are juju films
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by H2O2: 8:35am On Jan 06, 2009
tkb417:

David must have seen Arelu nowww haba even if he was born in the 'tushest' part of town grin

can u guys remember okanlawon? asewo to re mecca, what about all those ogunde films? shocked shocked
kannakanna buy aluwe, ogboju ode ninu igbo something, sokoti alagbede orun grin grin
Ahh yes memories grin
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Jarus(m): 8:52am On Jan 06, 2009
Just returned Jenifa 2 to my colleague in office this morning. Watched it over the weekend.
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Jarus(m): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2009
tkb417:

Thought it was only us that grew up in 'ilu oke' that watched these traditional Yoruba films grin grin grin
Surprised seeing many Nairalanders knowing all these things grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by topkin(m): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2009
Koto Aye
Madam dearest 1,2 & 3. (I loved that movie) Mmmmmmwah
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by tkb417(m): 9:31am On Jan 06, 2009
Jarus
i lived in Abeokuta and i saw plenty movies while growing up. . . .
i'm ajepakpo too grin grin grin
its David, H202 and co that are ajebuttas grin
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by adetunrayo(f): 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2009
Idagiri
Ewa
Mamami Leko
Bata wahala
Baba Suwe

played by the then channel NTA 7
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Jarus(m): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2009
tkb417:

Jarus
i lived in Abeokuta and i saw plenty movies while growing up. . . .
i'm ajepakpo too grin grin grin
its David, H202 and co that are ajebuttas grin
abiiooo
Most ajebota children watch action films, cartoons, chinese films etc. They hardly even understand Yoruba to watch Yoruba home videos. That's why I'm surprised.
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by KarmaMod(f): 5:54pm On Jan 06, 2009
Jarus:

abiiooo
Most ajebota children watch action films, cartoons, chinese films etc. They hardly even understand Yoruba to watch Yoruba home videos. That's why I'm surprised.

Subtitles na grin

some of us have parents raised "ajepako" tongue so when they watched it we watched it grin

Add "Bashorun Gaa" to the list
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 06, 2009
dayokanu:

David,

somebody used to talk about it forever but i had no idea who those people were. cheesy
Are they gods? grin How can someone call themselves orishabunmi?
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by debosky(m): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2009
Hardcore ajepakos like me nor even get TV for house, the best we could do was to listen to Nnkan Be through the neighbour's window. grin

Igbo Irumole
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 06, 2009
Heard nnkan bee from school friends.
Actually my parents dont watch movies at all so we never saw any yoruba movies except the mount zion long running yoruba soap on OGTV. First yoruba movie i saw . . .

Saworoide is a good one though.

Mainframe movies in general sha. Lere Paimo na funny guy o.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by tkb417(m): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2009
David
u be real butty

im a full blown ajepako but we used to have planta on our dining those days grin grin
plenty films o

whats the name of that serial that had Abija and his Ajan? great film

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by KarmaMod(f): 9:11pm On Jan 06, 2009
tbk, emi ni yen  tongue

Abija ati awon Aje!  Fadeyi and his shakabula grin

debosky:

Hardcore ajepakos like me nor even get TV for house, the best we could do was to listen to Nnkan Be through the neighbour's window.  grin

Igbo Irumole

Lmao oniranu. Radio n ko? Eri Aiye?  tongue

Irikeridooooooo
akolawole olawuyi ni
o ku orishirishi isele iyanuuuuu   grin
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by vicade(m): 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2009
I Like Iwo Ni and Eewo by Bayowa films. I also liked Mr. thompson and Spark the Killer.
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by dayokanu(m): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2009
Proper Ajepako like me who remembers the days of video sender when VHS video player was a status symbol and your neighbours would send it to you.

Or black and white TV covered with coloured Lucozade like nylons to give colors?

Who else has this relic of standing TV that lloks like wardrobes grin grin grin grin

Arelu, Omo araiye le, Idamu paadi Mikailu, Efunsetan Aniwura, Bashorun Gaa, O le ku etc and those Mount Zion

Ibere opin Aiye, Ewu Igba Ikeyin, Agbara nla,

I be proper youruba boy
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2009
KarmaMod:

Subtitles na  grin

some of us have parents raised "ajepako"  tongue so when they watched it we watched it  grin

Add "Bashorun Gaa" to the list

sub wetin? subtitle are often a source of hilarity in their own right - complete with typos, mistranslations or plain bull grin
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 06, 2009
dayokanu:

I be proper youruba boy
Dayo, you sure say you no be yurubu too? tongue grin
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by KarmaMod(f): 2:43am On Jan 07, 2009
oyb:

sub wetin? subtitle are often a source of hilarity in their own right - complete with typos, mistranslations or plain bull grin

Lmao. obviously. I mean one would have to not have heard a lick of Yoruba to not know which word doesnt match for the most part. Growing up I used to annoy my parents making them translate the incantations. Egabmi, Wetin concern a toad, lizard tail and a snake with what Im watching tongue
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by doyin13(m): 8:01am On Jan 07, 2009
What was the name of that Baba Sala film, where he went to the great beyond, got rich
and broke some sort of covenant?
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by blacktea00: 8:06am On Jan 07, 2009
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by spikedcylinder: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2009
I have never heard of Arelu until this thread, who was in it? Maybe I have seen it but can't remember the title.

Has anyone mentioned Old Ogunde movies? They were scary as hell! shocked
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by SisiJinx: 6:29am On Jan 08, 2009
This was a classic in our house. . . Orun mu Oru!

I didn't understand what the heck was going on back then but it was good! The guy died and the angelis won't let him enter heaven (don't know why) and he had to go from one realm to another searcch for something (I don't know what)

Omo laja. . . alls I remember is the chant

Demola ni olo Gani gbo girigiri
Olugbo ni ti eh girigiri

And The song

Ifa jigini jigini
Ifa funmi l'omo kan
Ifa jigini jigini oooh
Ifa funmi l'omo kan oh
Emi ti mo l'obirin mo ri omo gbe jo
Ifa jigini jigini
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by spikedcylinder: 6:45am On Jan 08, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

And The song

Ifa jigini jigini
Ifa funmi l'omo kan
Ifa jigini jigini oooh
Ifa funmi l'omo kan oh
Emi ti mo l'obirin mo ri omo gbe jo
Ifa jigini jigini

I know that one! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by SisiJinx: 3:52am On Jan 09, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I know that one! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol! Do you remember how the guy was dancing?

I thought it was the most hilarious thing ever (what did I know, I was Kid) grin

What about Ija Orogun?

Temilomo Temilomo
Temilomo  ti fi ya je mi ooh!

That was so sad?  cry

Gosh all this old movies. . . when my grandmother used to force us to watch 'em, I used to curse in my mind but now, I"d give anything to watch them again.
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Nobody: 4:43am On Jan 09, 2009
Back then? Yoruba movies were scary then, jare.

Oleku was the first Yoruba movie I actually sat down to watch because it was subtitled. My mom speaks the language like a native, so she interprets when there are no subtitles.

The Yoruba girls in my class then went crazy for Yemi my lover and I was like what da heck?? tongue
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by Nobody: 4:47am On Jan 09, 2009
oyb:

Buhahahahaha grin grin grin

Fadeyi Oloro and Orishabunmi, that was scary, abeg. I don't know who sent me message to watch it in the first place.
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by minute(f): 5:04am On Jan 09, 2009
LOL!
Koto Orun/Aye undecided undecided undecided

Agbara nla.

Ogbori Elemosho

Iru oka.

And there's this other popular Abija movie too . , cant rem the title of the movie.
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by TOYOSI20(f): 5:37am On Jan 09, 2009
dayokanu:

Proper Ajepako like me who remembers the days of video sender when VHS video player was a status symbol and your neighbours would send it to you.

Or black and white TV covered with coloured Lucozade like nylons to give colors?

Who else has this relic of standing TV that lloks like wardrobes grin grin grin grin

Arelu, Omo araiye le, Idamu paadi Mikailu, Efunsetan Aniwura, Bashorun Gaa, O le ku etc and those Mount Zion

Ibere opin Aiye, Ewu Igba Ikeyin, Agbara nla,
I be proper youruba boy

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of these movies sound like Greek to me, hopefully Youtube would help in ma search, cheesy
Re: Yoruba Movies From Back Then: List Them Please by spikedcylinder: 8:01am On Jan 09, 2009
stillwater:

The Yoruba girls in my class then went crazy for Yemi my lover and I was like what da heck?? tongue

LOL! Yemi My Lover. . . .
It would be funny to watch that again. I think there was another one after that called Yemi on the moon or something like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Is TSTV? / Reminiscence: Checkmate the Popular Nigerian TV Soap Opera Series) / Pepsi Gives Leo And Ifu Ennada N5 Million They Won On BBNaija (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.