Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,302 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? (5655 Views)

Church Where You Can Check If Your Name Is In Heaven Or Hell With Just N20,000 / 2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) / Nasa "The Sun Is Dying! " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by johnydon22(m): 3:51pm On Feb 17, 2015
Papist:

Thanks for the honest reply. I asked because you seemed to ridicule those who believe in creation so I thought you knew better. Anyway apologies if I had misunderstood you.

I dont ridicule i just want to make him understand that knowing is better than belief.

The idea of God or Gods is an archaic concept that have rid people of their drive to understand how things work.

Take for instance the ancients believed that they must be a god responsible for rains, a god responsible for thunder and so many things but now through careful study we have come to know better how these things happen and their causes and nobody believes a god does these things now.

the ancients worshipped the sun and even the moon but now we know the sun is just another average star in a universe with countless stars.

Socrates used to question everything and the god concept and because if it he was killed.
Philosophy poses a question that may not have answers, religion gives answers that must not be questioned. and science being an off spring of philosophy trys to answer these questions through study and experiment always open to scrutinization and reviews.

Guess all am saying in essence is that it is better to find out these answers by study than just say a spirit being did it.

(i.e; And as you and i know different people and cultures have their own spirit beings and all claim their own spirit being did it)

1 Like

Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by macof(m): 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2015
Macelliot:

That's absolute true!
But how did all this came into existence?

By Hydrogen and Helium
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by macof(m): 8:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
Macelliot:

Not yet a Civil Engr. by profession, I'm a student, but am aspiring to be.
Do you know anything about the pyramid of Egypt? Modern Scientist are amazed on how such structure could be built with today Technologies. Lifting, Settings, and arrangement of the huge Stones in order. So amazing. Pyramid of Egypt is among the wonders of the Earth. Scientist finds it hard to explain how the stones can be lifted and placed in order with today's technology....
Learn more about the Pyramid of Egypt and its' biblical reference.

What have the Egyptian pyramids got to do with supernatural? Did they fall from the sky
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by macof(m): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
johnydon22:

can you show us... grin...
Isreal is just another canaanite civilization that emerged within
Exactly, even the god Yahweh was a canaanite built concept thousands of years before the emergence of the Hebrew tribe
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by johnydon22(m): 8:26pm On Feb 17, 2015
macof:

Exactly, even the god Yahweh was a canaanite built concept thousands of years before the emergence of the Hebrew tribe
yeah ofcus thats undisputable... the kenites were the first to worship the deity some 300years before isreal adopted it.
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by macof(m): 8:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
johnydon22:

I dont ridicule i just want to make him understand that knowing is better than belief.

The idea of God or Gods is an archaic concept that have rid people of their drive to understand how things work.

Take for instance the ancients believed that they must be a god responsible for rains, a god responsible for thunder and so many things but now through careful study we have come to know better how these things happen and their causes and nobody believes a god does these things now.

the ancients worshipped the sun and even the moon but now we know the sun is just another average star in a universe with countless stars.

Socrates used to question everything and the god concept and because if it he was killed.
Philosophy poses a question that may not have answers, religion gives answers that must not be questioned. and science being an off spring of philosophy trys to answer these questions through study and experiment always open to scrutinization and reviews.

Guess all am saying in essence is that it is better to find out these answers by study than just say a spirit being did it.

(i.e; And as you and i know different people and cultures have their own spirit beings and all claim their own spirit being did it)

Spirit beings are the same all over, it's the concept that differs.

And pls don't come here spreading false information and utter ignorance on ancient cultures...ancients understood everything they ascribed Gods to, things they didn't were more like demons because they feared it. They studied rain and other things and assigned the god concept to their findings
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by johnydon22(m): 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
macof:

Spirit beings are the same all over, it's the concept that differs.

And pls don't come here spreading false information and utter ignorance on ancient cultures...ancients understood everything they ascribed Gods to, things they didn't were more like demons because they feared it. They studied rain and other things and assigned the god concept to their findings

I believe my post was clear enough... No need for any argument or further discussion bro.
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by Macelliot(m): 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
macof:

What have the Egyptian pyramids got to do with supernatural? Did they fall from the sky
Questioning the Atheist, not a Pagan.
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by Macelliot(m): 9:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
macof:

By Hydrogen and Helium
How come? Are they self-existing?
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by mako007(m): 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2015
davien:
The bible describes hell as sulphurous and never ending,the sun is powered by hydrogen,it burns it to make helium but never gets it to anything higher so no,the sun is not hell.
I once thought of the same thing when I was a christian.
what are you now?
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by macof(m): 10:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
johnydon22:

I believe my post was clear enough... No need for any argument or further discussion bro.

I was jst pointing out the false information you were spreading
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by macof(m): 10:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
Macelliot:

How come? Are they self-existing?

Why not pick up a basic chemistry book? It would serve you better purpose
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by johnydon22(m): 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
macof:

chai... **sighs**
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
I've thought of this once when I was younger tho.
But I've kinda learn too much from my professors which disproves this.

well its a what if question anyway.
this world is mysterious... only God knows

1 Like

Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by dabosuker(m): 6:25am On Feb 18, 2015
macof:

@Macof, please whats the false information ?..the guys post was clear IMO. people should start questioning &thinking free ,seeing reason , rather than just accepting what has been taught from kindergarten. cry

1 Like

Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by alchemist13: 9:56am On Feb 18, 2015
What if you actually got an education?
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by davien(m): 8:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
mako007:
what are you now?
I'm an atheist smiley
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by Stankoko(m): 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
Jameselias:
Barbarism!!! of a foolish christain. U now blasphem against the only sources of light and energy to our planet and by extention, life, let us all look toward the east from whence alone cometh light. The sun is the source of energy and the sustainer of life. and God is light and light is from the east, every man every woman is a star, there for let us all strive to become the light of God and by extention the sun's (son's) of God, i am one with light, i am one with God, i am one with the sun, where i'm there is no darkness, notin gross, notin carnal, notin material shall stand before the sun, they shall varnish as darkness does before the light (sun) u fill ur mind with an imagery being(yesus) now u blasphem against the sun (son) of God. Repent from ur BARbarism....!!!!!!

Are you a Sun Worshiper?
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by Jameselias: 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2015
Stankoko:

Are you a Sun Worshiper?
the statement's in the post u quoted are they true or not?
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by Horus(m): 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
whytepawn1:
for some time now this thought has kept reoccurring to me... what and where is hell? ,the way the holy Bible portray it leaves chills in one's spine. I was watching a documentary about the sun recently... which had in details the massive size, the estimated temperature of its core and surface e.t.c. Then the thought hit me.... what if the SUN is actually HELL FIRE?
This is something we should take our time to ponder upon and if it happens to be that the sun is not hell, then hell will definitely be far hotter than the sun. May GOD GIVE US THE GRACE TO WALK THE PATH OF SALVATION.

The sun is the fire of nature that is causing the skin cancer and eventual elimination of people without melanin, (the Caucasians), and their return into the shadows of the caves.
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by Jameselias: 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2015
Horus how far
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by whytepawn1(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2015
johnydon22:
Am still wondering why people still subject themselves to this mental fear of the scare of something as abstract as hell...... chai myths scare these folks alot grin
Are you a freethinker
Re: What If The Sun Is Actually Hell? by whytepawn1(m): 3:59pm On Mar 28, 2015
Kizmarty:
I've thought of this once when I was younger tho.
But I've kinda learn too much from my professors which disproves this.

well its a what if question anyway.
this world is mysterious... only God knows
smart reply. I like your open ended comment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Believe Me No One Is Going To Heaven - Truth or Tradition / If God Is Truly A God Of Justice, Then Hell Fire Is A Very False Teaching. / Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.