Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

My Mother Hates Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Hates Me (3177 Views)

Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? / My Wife Hates Me. I Feel Hopeless And Depressed. I Don't Know What To Do... / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Hates Me by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 18, 2015
cococandy:

My friend take your time. Suicide Over what?
Don't ever think if such again. Nothing in life is worth killing yourself over.

That's a very harsh response from your mom considering how serious suicide is.
She must really not love you.

Don't get hung up on it. It is very hard o.
I know how I feel when I disagree with my mom how much more worse will it be when she says such to me? So I understand.

It can't be easy to dissociate oneself emotionally from a mother. But you've not seen her in how many years again? That's enough time for you to have out grown your need for her love and approval.

One more thing, your father should try to be equally be responsible for you.
Don't push it all on your mom.
Yea she's abroad and the general perception is that she should have money.
False.

Maybe in her one-sided mind,she's taking care of your sister so your father should take care of you.
While your father is busy waiting on her to take care of both of you.

In my honest opinion both of them are not doing their best for you at all.

She probably doesn't even have a permanent resident permit so as to visit home at will which contributes to the feeling of abandonment you're having.

It is well my dear. Don't lose focus.
Succeed for yourself.

That said, some parts of your story doesn't add up. If you guys haven't seen your mom in 16yrs,that means you've been living with your dad until 2009 when she relocated yous to stay with your uncle. How was she able to do that ? Over the phone? Why didn't he protest ?

Seems he gave up on you guys too and agreed for her arrangement to ship you off to your uncle's.
he did not give up sister,no more money to train us.she went overseas in the year 2000 and yes she relocated us over the phone.my uncle just came over and picked us up.my dad could not protest cus when you don't have money you don't have mouth
Re: My Mother Hates Me by olu4life(m): 11:55pm On Feb 18, 2015
My dear brother,I quite feel ur anger and transfer of aggression on her. Most peeps have given u the best advise. I was once in ur shoe though quite different from urs cos I wasn't given attention to. D best solution is to blank dem out as someone earlier said,strife to become something in life. I bet u,ur mother would be proud of u and shame won't make her come close. As for ur sister,pls and pls don't transfer d aggression to her. She is still ur sister. Love her like she's ur mother. Who knows,she might be of help to u. I repeat,don't hate her and never stop loving her

Lastly,PRAY... I doubt if u got d strength but ask for grace to pray. Not because u wanna change ur mum but for ur own good. U can never say d battle u might encounter on ur way to success. Pray for ur mum too and ask God to touch her heart. Whenever u are in contact wit her,don't show hatred,rather show love. She will certainly be embarrassed with this but won't show it. When she's nagging,give her a SILENT TREATMENT (dis really help me a lot) so as not to say things u will regret saying. WATCH AND PRAY BRUH.. Good day
Re: My Mother Hates Me by Lepetitechic(f): 6:58am On Feb 19, 2015
Re: My Mother Hates Me by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 19, 2015
olu4life:
My dear brother,I quite feel ur anger and transfer of aggression on her. Most peeps have given u the best advise. I was once in ur shoe though quite different from urs cos I wasn't given attention to. D best solution is to blank dem out as someone earlier said,strife to become something in life. I bet u,ur mother would be proud of u and shame won't make her come close. As for ur sister,pls and pls don't transfer d aggression to her. She is still ur sister. Love her like she's ur mother. Who knows,she might be of help to u. I repeat,don't hate her and never stop loving her

Lastly,PRAY... I doubt if u got d strength but ask for grace to pray. Not because u wanna change ur mum but for ur own good. U can never say d battle u might encounter on ur way to success. Pray for ur mum too and ask God to touch her heart. Whenever u are in contact wit her,don't show hatred,rather show love. She will certainly be embarrassed with this but won't show it. When she's nagging,give her a SILENT TREATMENT (dis really help me a lot) so as not to say things u will regret saying. WATCH AND PRAY BRUH.. Good day

God bless you all,about my younger sister its not that easy talking with her.cus she is now the first born of the family.(am just a figure head)best thing I ignore them both pls,my sister mouth runs.thanks.you all I appreciate
Re: My Mother Hates Me by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 8:42am On Feb 19, 2015
Hey bro brace ursef up cos life itself is full of troubles,u complain ur mother doesn't care about u wot of does whom dia mother died? though i feel ur pain but u av to be a man work ur sucks off and stop depending on ur mum to care or luv u....seek d luv of GOD cos his banner over us is luv.. cheers
Re: My Mother Hates Me by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 19, 2015
onyeomaonyeoma:
Hey bro brace ursef up cos life itself is full of troubles,u complain ur mother doesn't care about u wot of does whom dia mother died? though i feel ur pain but u av to be a man work ur sucks off and stop depending on ur mum to care or luv u....seek d luv of GOD cos his banner over us is luv.. cheers

thanks.she even unfriended me from Facebook but I don't care

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help! My Neighbour Is Threatening Me With Rape / 16 Foods From Your Nigerian Childhood You’ll Probably Never See Again / Summary Of Laura Schlessinger's Book: "The Proper Care And Feeding Of Husbands"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.