Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? (16771 Views)

Help. My Nigerian Boyfriend's Mother Hates Me Because I'm Not Nigerian? / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / Man Whose Wife Ran Away After 2 Weeks Wants Repayment (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Hadez(f): 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
I just saw the movie wedding party and I put myself in the bride's shoes. Will I go ahead and marry a man whose mother hates me?

A disappointing of women are suffering in marriage just because of the maltreatment they get from their mother in laws and her influence over the marriage. This is a question to all women out there. Can you go ahead and marry a man whose mother hates you?
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by ojun50(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
I will still go ahead nd marry my woman if that love is there

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Mhissgaga(f): 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2017
I really don't think I can oo because some mothers ve great influence on their sons...some not all though but love conquers all

14 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by OchoL(f): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2017
No matter how good or bad your MIL is, be assured that she won't live forever. Focus on your own home.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by subtlemee(f): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
Yes,i'll still marry him then move far away from her possibly another state or country

5 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Davidgrey: 7:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
While i support free will!

I wouldn't advice anyone to marry someone that his/her family Doesn't accept

Generally families tend to designate affection to your partner from first impression

One of the major reasons why things like this happen is due to poor first impression

But........ then again there is a reason why he/she is being rejected and this is where is gets tricky

"Is it a cultural thing? Is it vain? Is it personal? Is it something that can be changed?"

If the reason why he/she is being rejected is a "Rational reason" communicated to you and "you know" that its not fixable

Let go of such a person

Aside from the long term effects(dejection and ridicule) your children will be left out totally if your family is unforgiving.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by AngelicDamsel(f): 7:54pm On Jun 05, 2017
Wetin consign mi wid her? Na she I wan marry? Shebi she go die leave us............................

Wait ooooo, Karma na mumu o... What if my own son come marry girl wey I no approve like 'I get only one child( son ) and e wan marry barren woman because of love'

Honestly......................

I no go marry u if ur mama say no , simple!

7 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Cuddlebugie(f): 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2017
I can but i WON'T. I'll have to deal with the MIL for however long the union lasts or doesn’t last.
It sure will put a lot of strain on my marriage.

Who needs a 'baddo' mother-in-law anyways?

6 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Hadez(f): 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
ojun50:
I will still go ahead nd marry my woman if that love is there

What love? You r not a woman so you cnt understand

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Hadez(f): 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mhissgaga:
I really don't think I can oo because some mothers ve great influence on their sons...some not all though but love conquers all
Love conquers your mother inlaw maltreatment?

7 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Hadez(f): 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
OchoL:
No matter how good or bad your MIL is, be assured that she won't live forever. Focus on your own home.
She will not live forever but she can cause damage to your home dt will last forever

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Hadez(f): 8:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
subtlemee:
Yes,i'll still marry him then move far away from her possibly another state or country
distance cnt stop a mother from her child. You will understand when you bcom a mother

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Hadez(f): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
Davidgrey:
While i support free will!

I wouldn't advice anyone to marry someone that his/her family Doesn't accept

Generally families tend to designate affection to your partner from first impression

One of the major reasons why things like this happen is due to poor first impression

But........ then again there is a reason why he/she is being rejected and this is where is gets tricky

"Is a cultural thing? Is it vain? Is it personal? Is it something that can be changed?"

If the reason why he/she is being rejected is a "Rational reason" communicated to you and "you know" that its not fixable

Let go of such a person

Aside from the long term effects(dejection and ridicule) your children will be left out totally if your family is unforgiving.
Thank you o. My point exactly

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Hadez(f): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
AngelicDamsel:
Wetin consign mi wid her? Na she I wan marry? Shebi she go die leave us............................
Wait ooooo, Karma na mumu o... What if my own son come marry girl wey I no approve like 'I get only one child( son ) and e wan marry barren woman because of love'

Honestly.....................

I no go marry u if ur mama say no , simple!
Tnk God you Knw karma is real
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Hadez(f): 8:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
Cuddlebugie:
I can but i WON'T. I'll have to deal with the MIL for however long the union lasts or doesn’t last.
It sure will put a lot of strain on my marriage.

Who needs a 'baddo' mother-in-law anyways?
@ baddo MIL grin
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by TheeDetective: 9:12pm On Jun 05, 2017
Only if some women know what they are getting themselves into when their MIL doesn’t like them; probably if they did, many of them would have ended the relationship. Love is not enough as blood is thicker than water and some men after a while due to the pressure from his family may knowingly or un-knowingly withdraw support for his wife. This scenario sometimes doesn't stop even after children are produced in the union; sad as it is, that’s just the reality. Make the woman think if she fit take the heat o; if not, make she run before she enter marriage o.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by YellowBarStinks: 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
Yes
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Freelady(m): 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2017
His money will do the wonder better
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hmm this is a tough one I will respect he choices but pray silently
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Moreoffaith(m): 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
After marriage we will move down to Yankee

Make she cone dey show her hating there.

Person wet be say na once in like 5 years we go dey see.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by idu1(m): 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
grin
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by ekensi01: 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
That's what am facing her mum,sister and uncle said no we don't even use to greet again. Immediately we marry am going to America where haters no de

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hate is a strong word, I don't believe someone can dislike u to the point of hate, they might just not like something about you.

some people you can never please, while some just needs a lil bit of oiling.

back to your question yes I can if he isn't a mummy's boy and of she stays far away from us but I'd always love her, buy her things love her as I'd love my mother but from a distance with hope that one day she would see I love her kid genuinely and her too.

maybe then just maybe she can start loving me

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by lizzypro: 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
sad
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Sunnycliff(m): 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
Its not good. Marriage is more than just you and your husband

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Theblackstalln: 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
Mhissgaga:
I just knew someone will say that phrase "love conquers all"

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by eyinjuege: 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
subtlemee:

What do you mean you'll move far away?

You want to do long distance marriage?

If you're not thinking of long distance marriage, don't expect your husband to quit his job, and move away to a strange place he has no business being in
Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by LesbianBoy(m): 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
undecided

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
huh.....
there is a yoruba proverb; aya/oko buruku se ni, ana buruku ni ko su won(you can have a bad wife/husband but do not try have a bad inlaw)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by rossyc(f): 9:46pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hell no, I have to marry into a family am accepted..

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by nkemdi89(f): 9:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
Due to her hatred towards the lady, some mother-in laws don't mind going diabolical either they kill their son or render him useless so that you won't enjoy him. It's a big NO.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You? by Monk92(m): 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2017
OchoL:

Dis sounds very dangerous

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help, I'm Not Emotionally Attached To My Mother, Siblings And Extended Family / Should Wife Give Her Inheritance To Her Husband? / I Need A Young, Dark Skinned, Wealthy Igbo man for Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.