Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D (2179 Views)

Appeal Court Validates Rivers State’s Probe Of Rotimi Amaechi / How Buhari Lost Support After 4months In 1984 (NY Times Article) / Buhari's Government Tried To Islamize Nigeria - New York Times Article (1986) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by omenka(m): 9:29am On Feb 17, 2015
Was reading through the recent article, published by the reputable multiple Pulitzer award wining magazine New York Times, that has been making headlines today and something struck me about their line of thought or opinion if you will.

Here is what they said in the article titled "Nigeria's miserable choices": [url]mobile.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/opinion/nigerias-miserable-choices.html?_r=0&referrer=:[/url]

"it appears the more likely Mr. Jonathan grew alarmed by the surging appeal of Muhammadu Buhari, a former military ruler who has vowed to crack down on Boko Haram," the article said.

"By dragging the race out, Mr. Jonathan stands to deplete his rival's campaign coffers while he continues to use state funds and institutions to bankroll his own"

And here was what I wrote in this thread www.nairaland.com/2136071/8-real-reasons-why-2015#30530227 created on the 8th of Feb:

This is where the problem lies.

The campaign must have been calibrated according to the funds available and the dates earlier given by INEC. By this extension it means one still has to go round campaigning to sustain the momentum that has been built up since the campaigns started. This presents a very huge problem for the financiers of the campaigns. Where would the extra money come from??

PDP has a virtually bottomless trough from where they draw money to finance their campaign being the ruling party but APC doesn't have that privilege. PDP intends to use the extension to ensure the APC campaign runs out of steam due to inadequate funding while their builds steam!

Now, I'm not trying to grease my ego here. The point of this is that when people who understand how politics is being played, especially in such a clime as ours, are speaking, novices, especially from the "other side" ought to keep quiet, pay attention, and learn.

This is simply one of the major reasons behind the postponement. Just hope it is not completely achieved.

God help us all.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by SeverusSnape(m): 9:30am On Feb 17, 2015
Sai Barcanista!!!

2 Likes

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by Seun(m): 9:34am On Feb 17, 2015
Don't you think it would make sense to provide a link to the New York Times article so we can also read it and verify your claim?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by omenka(m): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2015
Seun:
Don't you think it would make sense to provide a link to the New York Times article so we can also read it and verify your claim?
That was an oversight. Will do.

Thanks.

Edited.

Cc: Seun.

1 Like

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by Redoil: 9:46am On Feb 17, 2015
omenka:

Thanks.
a lizard fell from the tree and congratulate himself.
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by Redoil: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2015
omenka:

Thanks.
a lizard fell from the tree and congratulate himself why not allow other people watching to congratulate you

2 Likes

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by omenka(m): 9:47am On Feb 17, 2015
Redoil:
a lizard fell from the tree and congratulate himself.
Lol. Not exactly my intention. But the feeling is good though. smiley

5 Likes

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by donphilopus: 9:50am On Feb 17, 2015
The reason for the postponement was/is known to all. Jonathan would surely pay for that!

3 Likes

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by egift(m): 9:54am On Feb 17, 2015
Insightful submission. Jonathan is only shifting his day of defeat. Nigerians will Change this Failed administration. Sai Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by jorlons(m): 9:56am On Feb 17, 2015
ok
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 17, 2015
omenka:
thumbs up bro! cool
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 17, 2015
I don't intend to wash u.
Omenka. I have followed u and ur various articulated posts. You are indeed the pride of Your father and blessing to the progressive community. Along side berem.donphilopus Obiagelli Caseless n co
I will remain a Buharian till death and will make the needed sacrifices no matter how expensive it may be for my country.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by omenka(m): 10:14am On Feb 17, 2015
berem:
thumbs up bro! cool
Lol. Thanks your Majesty.

@IbnSultaan: Humbled. Thanks a lot. Steadily but surely, we will get there.

1 Like

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by Vicotex(m): 10:22am On Feb 17, 2015
That legit pdp babe don convert Barcanista.

#theLoveIsReal
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by Sunymoore(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2015
Omenka you are just too much
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by Sunymoore(m): 10:29am On Feb 17, 2015
IbnSultaan:
I don't intend to wash u.
Omenka. I have followed u and ur various articulated posts. You are indeed the pride of Your father and blessing to the progressive community. Along side berem.donphilopus Obiagelli Caseless n co
I will remain a Buharian till death and will make the needed sacrifices no matter how expensive it may be for my country.
That is the spirit brother! No 'prostitution' in #Change we believe

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by reborn1: 10:38am On Feb 17, 2015
Good submission.

1 Like

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by caselessogbuagu: 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
omenka:
Was reading through the recent article, published by the reputable multiple Pulitzer award wining magazine New York Times, that has been making headlines today and something struck me about their line of thought or opinion if you will.

Here is what they said in the article titled "Nigeria's miserable choices": mobile.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/opinion/nigerias-miserable-choices.html?_r=0&referrer=:

And here was what I wrote in this thread www.nairaland.com/2136071/8-real-reasons-why-2015#30530227 created on the 8th of Feb:

Now, I'm not trying to grease my ego here. The point of this is that when people who understand how politics is being played, especially in such a clime as ours, are speaking, novices, especially from the "other side" ought to keep quiet, pay attention, and learn.

This is simply one of the major reasons behind the postponement. Just hope it is not completely achieved.

God help us all.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Gbawe, Caseless, Berem, Sincerenigerian, Donphilopus, NgeneUkwenu, Demdem, Obiagelli, egift, et al.
you did speak the minds of the gods and gods from other climes have upheld ur views. I even read pdp is about to embark on another campaign tour of 10 states. I think apc should stick to their town-hall meeting idea to minimise expenses.

3 Likes

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by caselessogbuagu: 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
omenka:
Lol. Thanks your Majesty.

@IbnSultaan: Humbled. Thanks a lot. Steadily but surely, we will get there.
where is donphilopus? Abi him ma do decamp? I hope not.
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by caselessogbuagu: 12:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
Shreds

1 Like

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by omenka(m): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
Baba inspiredm, what are you doing in politics section? cheesy

#Strange.
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by holatin(m): 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
caselessogbuagu:
it was my fault. I once invited barcanista to romance section to come and flex, he told me he was too busy in politics section to be playing love. Immediately we created a window in this section to allow space for womanizing and a replica of romance section, we lost our barcanista. *cries* I hope and pray we wont lose omenka, donphilopus , obiagelli, ibnsultan, passingshot, pendy, rawani, illugunboy, gbawe, captainamerica, alphaoscar, lastpage, berem, genbuhari jarlorn, holatin, dre, etc to the cold hands of pdp(death).
*cries aloud* give me tissue paper abeg.
I am unlooseable ((Engrish))
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by tunex23: 3:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
Thumbs up to you bro!
we stand firm and strong, GEJ agenda will. Fail by God grace
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by tunex23: 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Thumbs up to you bro!
we stand firm and strong, GEJ agenda will. Fail by God grace!
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by killercute16(m): 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
Bro omenka you indeed worth it,and you are really pushing BUHARI AND APC forward..#AJobWelldone
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by themilanway(m): 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
killercute16:
Bro omenka you indeed worth it,and you are really pushing BUHARI AND APC forward..#AJobWelldone

We are almost at the finishing line,victory is ours.

Click like if you believe

Sai Buhari

4 Likes

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by donphilopus: 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
caselessogbuagu:
where is donphilopus? Abi him ma do decamp? I hope not.

Lol... Future impossible tense!!!
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by najoke: 7:20pm On Feb 17, 2015
omenka:
My guy....me...very.....proud
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by omenka(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
najoke:

My guy....me...very.....proud
Lol. Thanks bro. smiley
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by omenka(m): 8:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
donphilopus:

Lol... Future impossible tense!!!
Lmao!! Same here bro.
Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by EdCure: 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
omenka:
God bless you so much for this post, bro.
Stay blessed.

Jonathan will be disgraced, and those who run to the nest of killers for stomack infrastructures and "some form of security" will live in perpetual shame for the rest of their miserable lives.

3 Likes

Re: New York Times' Article Validates Omenka's Postulation. :D by omenka(m): 8:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
EdCure:

God bless you so much for this post, bro.
Stay blessed.

Jonathan will be disgraced, and those who run to the nest of killers for stomack infrastructures and "some form of security" will live in perpetual shame for the rest of their miserable lives.
Lol. God bless you too bro. Together we will get there. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Promises One Million Jobs Through Coal-for- Electricity / Buhari Ministerial List Should Include / Photo : See What Happens After May 29th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.