Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers (2773 Views)

APC, PDP Reps Clash Over Amaechi / How Dasuki Shared N30b 'Loot' To PDP, Reps, Anenih, Senator Ayu - The Nation / Picture Of INEC Card Reader Reading A PVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Clerverly: 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
An attempt by the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, to rally the support of its members in the House of Representatives to endorse the rejection of the use of the Card Readers and Permanent Voter Cards, PVCs, by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC met a brick wall last night as
the members outrightly rose against the idea.

According to sources at the meeting, no fewer than 100 members of the ruling party in the House of Representatives, who were summoned to a meeting in Abuja by the House Leader, Mulikat Akande and her deputy, Leo Ogor, insisted that they would not support any move that could truncate the nation’s democracy.

A member of the PDP from the South-South, who attended the meeting held in Apo, said members were aggrieved that the Presidency and the leadership of the PDP were trying to exploit them for selfish political gains after dumping them during its just-concluded primaries.

According to him, the members shouted down on the conveners of the meeting for trying to exploit them after denying most of them tickets to return to NASS, asking the House Leader to convey their displeasure to the Presidency and the PDP leadership over their refusal to assist them either politically or financially to pursue their ambitions.

According to the members, it was wrong for the party to seek their support for any cause after abandoning them to the whims and caprices of governors when they needed its support most during the primaries of the party last December.

“As soon as the issue of card readers and PVCs was mentioned by the conveners of the meeting, most of the members present rose against it and that was how the meeting ended in confusion,” the lawmaker said.

“None of us gave them any chance to even discuss much in the issue since we already knew where they were going. As far as we are concerned, it would be difficult for the PDP to get the kind of support it is looking for to discredit the elections, which the country spent a fortune to organise.

“How are we going to explain to the outside world that we, who spearheaded the electoral reforms and spent a lot of money to acquire the facilities to ensure a credible election and give Nigeria a good image will be the same trying to discredit the system?”, the member asked.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/17/pdp-reps-rise-against-rejection-of-inec-card-readers/?wt=3

4 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Clerverly: 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2015
What is PDP afraid of?? Do they want INEC to use Tissue Papers to enable them do another Ekiti on us??

PDP- Oleee Oleee!!

Give Him Food and He Will Sing For you!

Please Dear Progressives, I need protection, or I will stop posting here tongue

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by SSSlytherin2(m): 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
@ Clerverly...Sai barcanista

3 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Clerverly: 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
SSSlytherin2:

Sai FFK!!!

7 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 17, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The fear of PVC is the beginning of wisdom. Jonathan fears PVC more than a bullet.

13 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
Clerverly:
What is PDP afraid of?? Do they want INEC to use Tissue Papers to enable them do another Ekiti on us??

PDP- Oleee Oleee!!

grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Demdem(m): 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
Jonah-Daftt and his cohort are getting desperately desperate.
These fools will fail this time
around.

13 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Clerverly: 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
lalasticlala, Seun and Obinoscopy! Evening!
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
Clerverly:

PDP- Oleee Oleee!!

I need DSS security apparatus following me about in a 6 vehicle convoy with sirens blaring or I stop posting here and start singing like a bird.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by garrix8: 5:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
Jonadunce is going down and he desires to destroy Nigeria in the process. Jonadunce is evil personified and can't wait to send the devil home on March 28.

P. S
Gbawe and Ilugunboy: My life is in danger, Pls give me money protection or I will decamp and start singing against you people like FFK.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by baybeeboi: 6:01pm On Feb 17, 2015
I hope the INEC will not end up with 120 million PVCs.
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by jorlons(m): 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hehehehe grin grin Omo I nor know the extent of looting GEJ and his cohorts don do to naija but en na jail them dey smell so.

Na Allison I dey pity, the way GEJ go take fuccck her puzzy 4 kirikiri en!!! next time she go see looting run.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
Clerverly:

PDP- Oleee Oleee!!

my guy,na who gangan dey threaten u?
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Gogetta(m): 6:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
jorlons:
Hehehehe grin grin Omo I nor know the extent of looting GEJ and his cohorts don do to naija but en na jail them dey smell so.

Na Allison I dey pity, the way GEJ go take fuccck her puzzy 4 kirikiri en!!! next time she go see looting run.
Guy, you don kolo! Lmao.
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by godunia(m): 6:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
This guys are on a suicide mission,de will make sure de don't go down alone.
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Gbawe: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
Looks like all Nigerians, even including politicians from his own Party, are ready to stand up to and resist Laurent Gbagbo Jonathan. Nowhere to hide and nothing will save you Mr.President. The masses are now more informed and empowered. You failed and abandoned them horribly to serve your gods of greed, gluttony and corruption. They now want you gone and so it shall be because you are mere mortal and Nigeria is greater than you. She will remain when you are long gone and this is why you should have tried really hard to write your name in gold for all the 'goodluck' that came your way and put you where you did not have the talent or aspiration to be. Too late now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by itetemi: 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
front page oya.
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:12pm On Feb 17, 2015
With the security measures in the card readers which PDP is aware of and the insistence of INEC to use same, PDP rigging antic is dead.

1 Like

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Clerverly: 7:16pm On Feb 17, 2015
itetemi:
front page oya.

I don't why the three quality threads I opened this afternoon hasn't been sent to the from page while other threads from Ikengwu and the rest of the PDPians are littering there!

3 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by adioolayi(m): 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
Yes....there are still some sane people with dignity!
Well done reps.
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by itetemi: 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
[quote
author=Clerverly post=30825031]

I don't why the three quality threads I opened this afternoon hasn't
been sent to the from page while other threads from Ikengwu and the
rest of the PDPians are littering there![/quote]

una dey mind dem and their 'sourceless' threads.
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by experimentist: 10:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
Somebody should advice Jonathan right na
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
itetemi:
front page oya.
seriously,I do mistake you for temitemi1 the PDP robot.
Why two of una wan they use almost the same moniker na?

grin grin
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by ManMountain(m): 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
PDP, looking for all means to scuttle the elections.
Jonathan, first incumbent Nigeria president to lose election.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by shaqhead: 10:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
With the security measures in the card readers which PDP is aware of and the insistence of INEC to use same, PDP rigging antic is dead.
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by ManMountain(m): 10:47pm On Feb 17, 2015
adioolayi:
Yes....there are still some sane people with dignity!
Well done reps.
Na lie, no be diginty, they just realised that Jonathan has been using them all this while to fight his political battles without any compensation. he used them to against the governors, no compensation, he used them to secure an automatic ticket for himself, no compensation, he want to use them again for his own political advancement, they will be foolish If they allow him third time.
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by EdCure: 10:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
Waiting for one hungry and disgruntled fool to bring up a thread and claim that CAN, ANPP and co did not demand for the use of card readers in 2007, and thus, it shouldn't be used in 2015.

How low can some schmucks go in their search for stomach infrastructure and "some form of security"!

8 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Seamareggae(m): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
U won't see SEUN comment on these kinda thread... Or come out and criticise the PDP on these... Playing a smart game shaa
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Clerverly: 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
EdCure:
Waiting for one hungry and disgruntled fool to bring up a thread and claim that CAN, ANPP and co did not demand for the use of card readers in 2007, and thus, it shouldn't be used in 2015.

How low can some schmucks go in their search for stomach infrastructure and "some form of security"!

grin grin grin Odiegwu! This Insecurity On Nairaland no be small thing oo!

4 Likes

Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by themilanway(m): 11:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
Clerverly:

grin grin grin Odiegwu! This Insecurity On Nairaland no be small thing oo!

grin grin grin grin all these yabbing you are sharing,i need"Protection"too or else undecided undecided
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by itetemi: 11:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
berem:
seriously,I do mistake you for temitemi1 the PDP robot.
Why two of una wan they use almost the same moniker na?

grin grin

abeg no resemblance my brother.....that temitemi fit be programmed robot
Re: PDP Reps Rise Against Rejection Of INEC Card Readers by Freelancer00(m): 11:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
SSSlytherin2:
Lol. Use Barcanista name collect money for bank. As some people secretly changed their mind about PDP, he changed his mind about APC, let's move on

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s President GEJ implicated By Caught Bokoharam Bomber / Northernization Agenda: How NLC Elections Were Rigged / Kenyan Girl Refuses To Wear Her Clothes After Being Abused At The Airport For Ca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.