Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,487 members, 7,958,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally (1609 Views)

Army Repelled Attacks At Pulka, Rescued 445 Abducted Person (photos) / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Attacks On Fashola, Speaks On Relationship With Ex-lago / Dr Dakuku At The Wedding Ceremony Of Minimah's Daughter - Former Chief Of Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by IbileIfe: 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
Today is one of my saddest days as a politician. The day had started on a pleasant note when as part of my campaign rally in Okrika I visited the Okrika Grammar School, my alma mater where I met with the principal and interacted with the students. From there I proceeded to pay a courtesy call on the Amanyanabo of Ogoloma. While I was at the palace of the Amanyanabo, reports reached me and my team that three explosives had been detonated at the venue of the rally, national school field, Okrika. Two of the explosives ripped off parts of the roof of the school building. The APC members and leadership at the venue immediately called in the security personnel and the anti bomb squad who combed the area. It is important to note that several other explosives were found by the team but all normalcy was restored.
We proceeded from the Amanyanabo to see the Bishop of Okrika Diocese, Anglican Communion Rt. Rev. T Abere who prayed with the team at about 1:30 pm.
From the Bishop's court. we headed to the venue and the rally began in earnest with prayers and praise and worship. A few persons gave solidarity speeches and while one of our leaders in Okrika LGA, Mr D.D Alabere was speaking, we started hearing sporadic gunshots from the back of national school and from the Okrika cemetery.
Several eyewitnesses saw a member of the Rivers State House of Assembly Evans Bipi who doubles as a personal assistant to the wife of the President, Mrs Patience Jonathan accompanied by men in police uniform and several other non uniformed armed men numbering in excess of 50 around the venue. He was seen personally directing the shooting.
Mrs. Jonathan is a native of Okrika and had just spent the weekend in Okrika where she said she had gone to rest.
The shooting lasted for about an hour and several persons are injured including Charles Eruka a Channels television reporter who was stabbed. Five police officers were shot one of them is dead and four are laying in critical condition at this hospital. One policeman is yet to be accounted for. Some other APC supporters are still missing as at the time of this press statement while equipment at the Venue have been set ablaze and several cars including three police vehicles were destroyed. We understand that there are still threats to burn houses of APC supporters in Okrika.
The APC Rivers State salutes the resilience of the people of Okrika who refuse to be cowed in the face of such intimidation and attack. We also commend the officers and men of the Rivers State police command for their efforts despite the fact they were outnumbered.
We remain resolute in our quest to rid Rivers State of brigandage and criminality and reassures our supporters that this change train cannot be stopped. God is on our side.

~ Dr. Dakuku Adol Peterside

Re: Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by SSSlytherin2(m): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
Wike for Governor. No two ways about it.

RIP to the dead.

But please, count my first Lady out of this. angry

1 Like

Re: Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by ozoigbondu: 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2015
Eyaaah sorryooooh if it was not staged undecided
Re: Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by Randerl: 7:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
Re: Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by Elslim: 7:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
APC is a moving train... Nufin can stop it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by pendy79: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2015
It's so hard to believe we have a stupid, daft and idiotic lameduck president who can't put his wife in check.

For seun who was asking what PEJ has to do with the attack in another thread, I hope this answers your question.

What's the need to destroy, kill and distrupt an opposition rally? A rally attendance doesn't determine where people will vote, if GEJ and his wife feels he has done and achieved so much, then.they should allow their performance and the love people have for them.prevail.

Why shoot at people because they have the audacity to campaign in the President's wife hometown? It is a campaign rally not a referendum.

What this kind of performance by Evans Bipi does is to malign people against PEJ and in the long run cast aspersion on her dummy of A husband.

Really hard for Dakuku and all indigenes of Okrika who do not believe and worship this self acclaimed JESUS OF OKRIKA.

God bless and keep Rotimi Amaechi and Dakuku Adol Peterside.

Let someone play back the tapes of Turai Yar-Adua for Patience JonaTAN, power is transient and is temporal.

She left Aso Rock deliberately to organize this havoc and mayhem that have now led to waste of lives yet her husband is in the country and couldn't tell her to stay back in her temporal abode in Aso Rock while APC do their thing and leave her much loved hometown. A rally that won't last more than 4 hours, she couldn't take the insult for them daring to campaign in her village.

Let those who are gullibly fooled that the stupi.d one in Aso Rock is humble and humane continue to be fooled.

His hands are bloodied and he is sacrificing all and anything to achieve his AMBITION OF 4more years that is just a mere number of days even if he wins

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by mperoakeem(m): 7:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Eyaaah sorryooooh if it was not staged undecided
staged? Are you serious or just bored

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by ozoigbondu: 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
mperoakeem:
staged? Are you serious or just bored
undecided

Re: Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by mperoakeem(m): 8:07pm On Feb 17, 2015
waiting for GEJ to condemn d act
Re: Apc's Gubernatorial Candidate Dr. Dakuku Peterside On Attacks At Okrika Rally by IbileIfe: 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2015

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Boko Haram Militants Abduct 400 Women, Children In N'east Damasak: / Ijaw Youth Council Makes U-turn, Vows Response To Jonathan’s Election Loss / The Story of an Unknown Biafran Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.