Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery (46166 Views)

I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. / Power Bank Sets Owner On Fire (photos) / How To Conquer Low Phones Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by anthoniaz(f): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
Same thing here with my S3.Ever since I started using power bank I've discovered that the battery doesn't last as it used to.I charge it every minute now.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by ilearntoteach: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
Well one thing I know for sure is, Power bank is designed to charge your phone on the go and not designed to spoil it. I have being using a brand of power bank called "Solo" for over A year and I haven't had any issue with it. I use a blackberry z3, Samsung sduos and a blackberry bold 9780. I use the power bank to charge the 3 phones when the batteries are down and it does charge them perfectly

Please ensure that you buy an original power bank to avoid stress.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by expozey(f): 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
yungchop:
Please go straight to your point next time.. As for what you just posted, it's pure BULLSHIT and crappy. undecided

Oh common. where's your sense of humour? I have a feeling that post was just a tongue-in-cheek response. It was meant to be funny
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2015
E jor house mabinu o but which one is power bank again?
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nely77(m): 1:25pm On Feb 18, 2015
Guy u are complete Olodo. Where did you school. Who taught you this. Please stop spreading the virus in your brain. How much do u know about electronics and modern technology?
psucc:
Yes am sure.

Reason: Every phone charger has an inbuilt diodes that convert electric volts to the requirements of the phone components.

Whereas in the power bank this diodes are not there. Therefore, it can cause not only the battery to go bad but also may affect the phone itself in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2015
Before using any backup battery, check voltage compatibility and the current rating of the batteries involved. imagine using a 5.7 unregulated voltage back up battery for 5v regulated battery, also forcing a 20a battery on 1500ma battery. guy! you are killing the lithium cells of ur battery. always ensure compatibility and avoid over charging. for me ooo, no to power banks cos. even phone engrs dont even no ratings talk less of the seller.
"every usb charger go charge ur bb" mumu engr
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
psucc:
Yes am sure.

Reason: Every phone charger has an inbuilt diodes that convert electric volts to the requirements of the phone components.

Whereas in the power bank this diodes are not there. Therefore, it can cause not only the battery to go bad but also may affect the phone itself in the long run.

i tire oo! who certify dis mr diode self! diode for rectification or regulation... nigeria settings sha?
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by ray2Dmond(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
i don't think it does.........hmmmm no it doesn't
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Yehman(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
psucc:
Yes am sure.

Bad market for power bank sellers
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by wordcat(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2015
xtophy:
power banks are built in such a way dat it will not spoil ur fone or its battery. if only i can type much, i would have explained some things on it. buh, tym is not my friend at all

Tell us why u and tym no be friends so we can settle it.
U knw say we too dey help ourselves here on nairaland.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
Reference:

Hmm. Perhaps its because their phones are all dead so they can't call. Just thinking aloud.
ok. Keep thinking aloud
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by wordcat(m): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
bellychiz:
E jor house mabinu o but which one is power bank again?

Na Bank wey Femi Otedola just start o, I hear say them dey look for workers sha.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nicklaus(m): 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
psucc:

To whatever degree you may argue, remember that all phones do not carry the same charge volt and so their chargers are made to suit each requirement. Whereas the power bank is configured at a certain and constant voltage output.

Hence, it may either be higher or lesser than the phone requirement. Guess what the effect will be.
there is diode then, only constant.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by yungchop: 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2015
expozey:

Oh common. where's your sense of humour? I have a feeling that post was just a tongue-in-cheek response. It was meant to be funny
b1tch, I don't give a flying fvvck about your opinion cool
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Emeka71(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
korel9:
Wow! shocked

"Using a phone while charging and on power bank mode destroys the battery"

Just hearing of that.

This is why I love NL cheesy

Does this mean I should ALWAYS switch off when charging my phone?
Cos sometimes unsolicited calls come in while charging the phone. undecided
Better.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by PoorUgly(m): 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2015
chrislong:
Hi everyone....sorry I had to disturb u but I have to ask this o....I've been using power banks with my Samsung s3 just cause it's a work item for me and usually need it alive.

However I've noticed that am having to change batteries every month as often as I subscribe for data.

Please i need to know if the power bank is the one spoiling my batteries cause the batteries were actually bought in good conditions before it decides to charge backwards and gwt pregnant after....is someone experiencing this tooe

Yes!! As an insider. Fake low quality power banks can spoil your phone battery.

Because they don't have a logical chip that listens to your phone while it is charging it unlike a charger.

Many Chinese large MAH, cheap power banks using Chinese unbranded batteries and low quality circuits will kill your phone batteries or even cause them to blow.

Go for high quality power banks like;
1) Sony cycle energy
2) Original Xiaomi power banks.

These are internationally tested and approved.

Xiaomi power banks uses Texas Instrument chip that listens to your phone battery while charging it, with high quality LG or SAMSUNG batteries. Not unbranded Chinese batteries like some inferior power banks.

THIS IS WHY WE KEEP TELLING YOU PEOPLE TO BUY ORIGINAL QUALITY POWER BANKS LIKE XIAOMI, AND YOU PEOPLE KEEP RUNNING TO CHEAP CHINESE JUNKS THAT WILL CAUSE MORE HARM THAN GOOD, BECAUSE THEY'RE CHEAP.

Contact Melon Technologies for original quality Xiaomi power banks.

call 08033689593 or whatsapp 08027147181.

God bless you as you hold on to truth, no matter the cost.

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Emeka71(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
anthoniaz:
Same thing here with my S3.Ever since I started using power bank I've discovered that the battery doesn't last as it used to.I charge it every minute now.
You cannot compare power bank charging with normal phone charging power bank is an emergency charger.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
wordcat:

Na Bank wey Femi Otedola just start o, I hear say them dey look for workers sha.

Are u for real? God bless dat man oh what's d website make I apply sharperly
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Emeka71(m): 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
Power bank is good for phone batteries only that some batteries may not be compatible with some type of power banks.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by wordcat(m): 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2015
bellychiz:

Are u for real? God bless dat man oh what's d website make I apply sharperly

www.powerbank that's all!
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Anurugwo(m): 2:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
It has to do with the rated output voltage and current of the power bank and your phone battery. You can't be using rated output current of 2A when your phone accepts 1A. This will make your phone charge faster than normal and cause damage to battery/ decrease in lifespan.If your battery accepts 1A and you are charging with laptop/ a charger than gives a lower output say below 1A, then you are undercharging your battery and this also reduces the lifespan.
Always use the charger/power bank that gives or supplies the rated output that matches with your battery specifications

1 Like

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
wemmieslim:
No wonder my phone dey do skoin-skoin all this while,power bank yaff spoil the life for me,do I av a choice when Electric city no go dey no,choiii...I must go back to India o,this country yaff taya me,
Who wants to go with me?
We're trekking sha o grin
so....u dnt live in France again.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by justmag(m): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
xtophy:
who told u diodes are not in power banks

Not all of them have diodes.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by justmag(m): 2:26pm On Feb 18, 2015
Power bank kills your phone battery gradually! In the long run....you battery life will start dropping gradually. You may not notice because you may just get used to it.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Elkrypto(m): 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
No. The actual phone charger is in your phone. It
doesn't matter where the power comes from,
charging is always the same. Modern Lithium Ion and Lithium Poly cells do
benefit from being "topped off". There is no
lifetime penalty for charging before they're
depleted. In fact, letting a battery get too low
will reduce its lifetime. You count on the
phone's software to prevent the most extreme form of this, but it's far better to charge before
the battery dies. A typical Lithium battery will have between 300
and 500 full charge cycles. So if you let your
phone die every day, you could need a new
battery in less than a year. Most people don't do
that, and so it's more common to get two or so
years out of that cell. Hybrid ccars don't have dramatically different
batteries, but they only run through a fraction if
the battery's capacity. If you had a charger that
would only charge to about 80% of the battery's
capacity, and the phone cut off at 20% or so, the
battery might last a decade (assuming that power cycling is the only aging mechanism...
sone Lithium chemistries don't last more than
3-5 years even without any use). Of course,
you'd hate the battery life, and the phone
makers would eliminate one reason people
upgrade to new phones, so this is unlikely to happen.

Source- David Haynie www.quora.com

1 Like

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2015
all APC power bank are useless. gej till I die
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by phiszo(m): 3:01pm On Feb 18, 2015
power banks don't spoil phones. if your phone uses a 1A charger and you are using a power bank with 2A output, you are killing your battery. use the current ouput that's suitable for your battery.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
wordcat:

www.powerbank that's all!

Kiokiokiokio hiohiohiohio what of the dot com?
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by wordcat(m): 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
bellychiz:

Kiokiokiokio hiohiohiohio what of the dot com?

Dot com ke?

Which one bi dot com??

You no that's all there
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by LewisO: 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
wemmieslim:
No wonder my phone dey do skoin-skoin all this while,power bank yaff spoil the life for me,do I av a choice when Electric city no go dey no,choiii...I must go back to India o,this country yaff taya me,
Who wants to go with me?
We're trekking sha o grin
Very funny girl, grin
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by wemmieslim(f): 4:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
so....u dnt live in France again.

Lols
Busted embarassed
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by wemmieslim(f): 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
cry
FredHandsome:

grin Abeg which one be 'skoin-skoin', make I check if my phone dey do am?
Ehhmm, about trekking to India, we fit use my keke-napeb go shaa sad

@post: I think, the Poster has been patronising fake battery vendors... Original batteries don't puff up or even 'charge backwards' grin

FredHandsome:

grin Abeg which one be 'skoin-skoin', make I check if my phone dey do am?
Ehhmm, about trekking to India, we fit use my keke-napeb go shaa sad

@post: I think, the Poster has been patronising fake battery vendors... Original batteries don't puff up or even 'charge backwards' grin

I have phobia for keke-napep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? / Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? / How Do I Download Opera Mini To My Nokia 3110c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.