Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery (46164 Views)

I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. / Power Bank Sets Owner On Fire (photos) / How To Conquer Low Phones Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Rapzino: 11:57am On Feb 18, 2015
Dunno
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Gr8emmy(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2015
still learning oo
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by LewisO: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
This land is not for sale, beware of my fuccking son called Fuckshit. angry

@op it does, depends on the maker. If u want best power-bank performance, "Anker" is the best.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Odunharry(m): 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Lemme break it down if you use a China phone like Tecno and the likes, the power bank will work perfectly remember the old saying birds of a feather flock together. However if you use Ajebo/Sophisticated phones like Samsung, Apple etc you will keep changing the battery every month. Its simple and logical, the same way a child that lives in Lekki would purge when she drinks garri and his counterpart in Agege would grow stronger drinking the same garri .

You cant eat your cake and have it, Its either you stick to your ajebuuter life or just come to the pako levels
whch kind mumu logic be this?

2 Likes

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Jeffy1206(m): 12:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
Get a good power bank and you will not regret it... i use xiaomi power bank for my s5 and nothing is wrong with it... hala me if you need this power bank.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Reference(m): 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
pureguide:
It don't o! Oo.

Av been importing power banks online for 3 good years now and non of my clients has ever complained of this. Well it depends on the phone and power bank sha.

If u want to start importing items, products online please visit the link on my signature.

Hmm. Perhaps its because their phones are all dead so they can't call. Just thinking aloud.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by wemmieslim(f): 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2015
No wonder my phone dey do skoin-skoin all this while,power bank yaff spoil the life for me,do I av a choice when Electric city no go dey no,choiii...I must go back to India o,this country yaff taya me,
Who wants to go with me?
We're trekking sha o grin

1 Like

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by felai: 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2015
I suppose it does affect the battery in the long run cos the current/voltage is regulated if a charger is used unlike power banks that as a static output of volt/current. Coming out of it irrespective of d phone u using.
Just saying sha, might be wrong.

In other news
Toshiba 8GB USB 2.0 OTG Flash Drive for
Android Smartphone/Tablet provides the easiest way to
move Photos, Music, and Videos between your android
phone or tablet and your PC.
Built in with dual connectors; USB and Micro-USB ports.

What are you waiting for?
Hurry and get yours while stocks last.

For more information,

Please call or whatsapp on 080-5115-0299
*pay on delivery to anyone within Sokoto, ilorin, Oshogbo
environs*

https://www.nairaland.com/2109913/8gb-usb-2.0-otg-flash

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by naijainfogalery: 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2015
What happened to your sense of humour sad
Odunharry:

whch kind mumu logic be this?
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by just2endowed: 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2015
MizTyna:
As long as you get a good one,your phone's okay. I have a power bank I use for my phones and no issues with the phones so far.

spot on. how has it been
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Odunharry(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
naijainfogalery:
What happened to your sense of humour sad
lol u funny...then if u r takng mst things i post here serious na long thing...

Anyway wsnt 2 serious abt that...all na joke
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by mployer(m): 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
Buy good quality power bank.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by darediamond(m): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2015
Those phones you call "ajebo" are being manufactured by a Chinco man.
You are better change your Orientation and forget this "Master n Slave" mentality.

naijainfogalery:
Lemme break it down if you use a China phone like Tecno and the likes, the power bank will work perfectly remember the old saying birds of a feather flock together. However if you use Ajebo/Sophisticated phones like Samsung, Apple etc you will keep changing the battery every month. Its simple and logical, the same way a child that lives in Lekki would purge when she drinks garri and his counterpart in Agege would grow stronger drinking the same garri .

You cant eat your cake and have it, Its either you stick to your ajebuuter life or just come to the pako levels

1 Like

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by yungchop: 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2015
naijainfogalery:

Please go straight to your point next time.. As for what you just posted, it's pure BULLSHIT and crappy. undecided
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2015
I done catch u today, op why will ur battery last wey be sey na Soso first to comment na em u dey always dey after
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by haibe(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
It doesn't. . Just you a good usb cord
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
I gat three power bank and none affect my phones in one way or the other.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by kageminato: 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
MizTyna:
As long as you get a good one,your phone's okay. I have a power bank I use for my phones and no issues with the phones so far.
you're right bro
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Polyflexzy(m): 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2015
power banks spoil batteries. I am a victim of it. The guy that comment about diodes nt present in power banks was 100% right.

1 Like

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by phayvoursky(m): 12:41pm On Feb 18, 2015
Amaechi5:
@op am sure u uses ur phone while it is changing,this damaged my sis galaxy s3 battery.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM. TUALE BABA.

YOU CAN SPEAK O
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by kay29000(m): 12:42pm On Feb 18, 2015
Zohan:

Not true. Usb charging is safer and better than wall socket charging. It charges your phone at a minimal voltage abi current. That's why it will take your fone about 6 hours to be fully charged via USB and 2hrs via wall socket.
See what kills a battery. Charging it when the phone is hot.
Using the phone while it's charging.
Leaving your phone get to 0% at all times
Getting a full charge all the time.
If you wanna charge your fone. Charge at intervals. Once your phone gets to 20%, turn it off and charge.
Buh since this is naija, there's no other option than to kill-buy-kill our batteries. Hope this helps

Okay. But I am just speaking from experience. Laptop charging spoilt my brother and sister's phone batteries. Since they stopped using my laptop to charge their phones (for the last 12 months), they have not had any phone battery problem.
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Adeola29(f): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
chrislong:
Hi everyone....sorry I had to disturb u but I have to ask this o....I've been using power banks with my Samsung s3 just cause it's a work item for me and usually need it alive.

However I've noticed that am having to change batteries every month as often as I subscribe for data.

Please i need to know if the power bank is the one spoiling my batteries cause the batteries were actually bought in good conditions before it decides to charge backwards and gwt pregnant after....is someone experiencing this tooe
I am also having the same issue with my bb don't know what it is o
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
kay29000:

Okay. But I am just speaking from experience. Laptop charging spoilt my brother and sister's phone batteries. Since they stopped using my laptop to charge their phones (for the last 12 months), they have not had any phone battery problem.
Check the voltage of the laptop USB ports. That could be the source of the problem
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by bakynes(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2015
I think the problem is with the Samsung Galaxy 3 phone,that's the phone my mum is using and @ this moment the battery has swollen and she told me alot of her friends have complained abt the battery of the fone. The Power bank issue there are lots of cheap, fake Power banks in the market today that might just b another problem.

1 Like

Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by FredHandsome(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18, 2015
wemmieslim:
No wonder my phone dey do skoin-skoin all this while,power bank yaff spoil the life for me,do I av a choice when Electric city no go dey no,choiii...I must go back to India o,this country yaff taya me,
Who wants to go with me?
We're trekking sha o grin
grin Abeg which one be 'skoin-skoin', make I check if my phone dey do am?
Ehhmm, about trekking to India, we fit use my keke-napeb go shaa sad

@post: I think, the Poster has been patronising fake battery vendors... Original batteries don't puff up or even 'charge backwards' grin
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by searider(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
They are even giving a specific response. Confusing the OP the more with #it does and #it doesn't
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by searider(m): 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2015
They are not even giving a specific response. Confusing the OP the more with #it does and #it doesn't
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by Gr8emmy(m): 12:55pm On Feb 18, 2015
sure?

@op it does, depends on the maker. If u want best power-bank performance, "Anker" is the best. [/color][/b] [/quote]
Re: Does Power Bank Spoil Phones Battery by phayvoursky(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18, 2015
IM USING A HTC DESIRE. I NOTICED THAT THE RATE OR SPEED OF CHARGING VARIES WHEN I USE DIFFERENT CHARGERS. I HAD TO GOOGLE OUT A SOLUTION LAST WEEK AND NOW I HAVE AN ORIGINAL CHARGER THAT CHARGES FAST; AND THE BATTERY LASTS LONGER THAN BEFORE.

NOW TO YOUR QUESTION:

POWER BANKS BECAME DOMINANT WITH THE INFLUX OF TECNO, GIONEE AND OTHER SUB-STANDARD ANDROID PHONES; BECAUSE THE CHINESE SAW POWER AS A PROBLEM IN NIGERIA. SO TO SATISFY THEIR CUSTOMERS DESIRE THEY CAME UP WITH POWER BANKS.

I'D ADVISE YOU TO STOP USING POWER BANK ON YOUR SAMSUNG PHONE. BETTER GET AN EXTRA BATTERY THAN A POWER BANK. POWER BANK KILLS GOOD PHONES. PHONES DO HAVE SPECIFIC CHARGING CURRENTS NEEDED TO CHARGE IT'S BATTERY CELLS. POWER BANKS ARE JUST RANDOM STUFFS. THEY HELP FOR THE MOMENT AND KILL IN THE LONG RUN.

AND ALSO DON'T THOSE USE YOUR PHONE WHILE CHARGING IT.

GET A GOOD CHARGER: NOT THOSE 200-500 NAIRA CHARGERS LIKE NEW AGE, NOK AND OTHER CHINESE BRANDS.

A GOOD CHARGER COSTS FROM 1,000 NAIRA. DON'T GO TO A ROAD SIDE KIOSK. GO TO MAYBE COMPUTER VILLAGE OR ALABA MARKET OR ANY ELECTRONICS MARKET AROUND YOU. ASK FOR ORIGINAL OR BELGIUM CHARGER. THE WEIGHT WILL CONVINCE YOU.

YOU SHOULD ALSO CHECK YOUR BATTERY TOO. CAUSE FROM WHAT YOU SAID; THAT BATTERY HAS BEEN DAMAGED ALREADY. GO AND GET A NEW ONE. ORIGINAL BATTERIES AREN'T NEW. THEY ARE TOKUNBO OR BELGIUM BATTERIES. WILL COST YOU (FOR YOUR S3) BETWEEN 1500 AND 2000 NAIRA.

STOP THE USE OF POWER BANK. IT WASN'T BUILT FOR YOUR PHONE. LIKE THEY SAY (DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS)

THAT'S MY HARD EARNED 2 CENTS

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? / Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? / How To Enable 4g Lte On Your 3g Android Phone(100% Working)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.