Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,361 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) (4088 Views)

Musa Mohammed Turns New Tv Star After Chat With Turkish President Goes Viral / New TV Deal Brings Free Premier League Games To 50 African Countries / TV Rights Palaver | La Liga Clubs Issue Strike Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

yes all the mentioned teams have won Champions League at some point.
When did Bilbao and Villarreal win champions league? Is Villarreal not a new team in Europe?
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:19pm On Feb 17, 2015
CFCfan:

Hosting the World Cup every 2 years means that only European and North American countries would be considered. Unless an Aftican country is named as a host, at least, 6 years in advance.
I would also like the Women's World Cup to be hosted every 2 years.
The fifa world cup will always be the bigger franchise.
It ranked as the 2nd most searched in google last year, lets not even talk about the people who have no internet access that watch it.
Whether its hosted every year or every 10 years.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
It could be arranged and it will give more countries a chance to host. I like the idea. I wonder why FIFA officials kicked against it. But, I believe the 2 years World Cup arrangement will happen sooner than later.
I think they opposed the idea because it could clash with the European championships, and the U-20 and U-17 WCs (for both men and women) would have to be rejigged somehow. Or UEFA, like CAF, may decide to hold its tournament in odd years.

1 Like

Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
When did Bilbao and Villarreal win champions league? Is Villarreal not a new team in Europe?
villareal was a deadly team in the 80s and 90s.
I am speaking from the historical point of view.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

It ranked as the 2nd most searched in google last year, lets not even talk about the people who have no internet access that watch it.
Is the World Cup still the second most searched this year? I doubt. That is the point. Once every for years means nothing compared to large searches that go on every year into European football,
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

villareal was a deadly team in the 80s and 90s.
I am speaking from the historical point of view.
No. Villarreal is a new team.

Look at this excerpt from Wiki.

Primera Liga debut
Villarreal's Primera Liga debut started with a match against then European champions Real Madrid in the Santiago Bernabéu on 31 August 1998. The first home game was against Celta de Vigo[5] the week after. Because of a difficult season, Villarreal were relegated to the Segunda División for the 1999–00 season. By finishing third, they were then promoted back to the Primera Liga.

The entered La Liga for the first time in1998.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Is the World Cup still the second most searched this year? I doubt. That is the point. Once every for years means nothing compared to large searches that go on every year into European football,
Champions League is not even in the top 10 at the moment.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:27pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
No. Villarreal is a new team.

Look at this excerpt from Wiki.

Primera Liga debut
Villarreal's Primera Liga debut started with a match against then European champions Real Madrid in the Santiago Bernabéu on 31 August 1998. The first home game was against Celta de Vigo[5] the week after. Because of a difficult season, Villarreal were relegated to the Segunda División for the 1999–00 season. By finishing third, they were then promoted back to the Primera Liga.

The entered La Liga for the first time in1998.
hmmm...seems i got my facts wrong.
My fear is that i dont want EPL to eclipse La Liga

1 Like

Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Champions League is not even in the top 10 at the moment.
If you do the Sum total of searches of all clubs in Champions league, for four years, the result is crazy.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
If you do the Sum total of searches of all clubs in Champions league, for four years, the result is crazy.
lets face the issue, the EPL shouldnt get bigger than this, it will kill football in the future or it could be self destruct button to the league.
Remember when Serie A was the biggest league in the world in the 90s.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

hmmm...seems i got my facts wrong
Villarreal are new. Very few Spanish teams have dominated because most of the money goes to Barca and Real and it has caused the league for lose its flare.

How many to companies will invest in Celta Vigo or Real Betis. The first step is to split the TV rights revenue at least 30% to Real and Barca and the rest to the other teams. These teams like Getafe can buy players to compete. In turn investors would come.

Platini should face the truth and stop making the Champions league and the La Liga victims.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

No doubt about it
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

lets face the issue, the EPL shouldnt get bigger than this, it will kill football in the future.
On the contrary, it will grow football. What goes on in La Liga is actually killing football.

Look at the investment of Man City in developing football in England. More money is good for football. If other leagues want such deals, they should improve the marketing and face of their leagues.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
CFCfan:

No doubt about it
Ten years, no one will send it. It is too long, just like the Euros. The leagues are played every year and it has not lost its value. It is even growing.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Villarreal are new. Very few Spanish teams have dominated because most of the money goes to Barca and Real and it has caused the league for lose its flare.

How many to companies will invest in Celta Vigo or Real Betis. The first step is to split the TV rights revenue at least 30% to Real and Barca and the rest to the other teams. These teams like Getafe can buy players to compete. In turn investors would come.

Platini should face the truth and stop making the Champions league and the La Liga victims.
but the TV rights deal is fould play.
Sky sports is a british company that is the biggest sport television company in the world had to invest in the EPL, thats really unfair bro.
Patiently waiting for one Middle East Billionaire to invest in La Liga.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

lets face the issue, the EPL shouldnt get bigger than this, it will kill football in the future or it could be self destruct button to the league.
Remember when Serie A was the biggest league in the world in the 90s.
Serie A lost value because the two big clubs did not want others to grow. That is AC Milan and Juventus. They rigged the league stop Mancini and Inter Milan from taking over and it backfired.

Barca and Real should share their revenue and the league will grow.

1 Like

Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:41pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

Sky sports is a british company that is the biggest sport television company in the world had to invest in the EPL, thats really unfair bro.
There is nothing wrong in it. The EPL is worth the risk. A Spanish company cannot invest in La Liga until the league is better packaged.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:44pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
There is nothing wrong in it. The EPL is worth the risk. A Spanish company cannot invest in La Liga until the league is better packaged.
i get your point, the EPL is ahead but of La Liga financially but the current TV rights deal is going to make the gap to wide.

1 Like

Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

i get your point, the EPL is ahead but of La Liga financially but the current TV rights deal is going to make the gap to wide.
The La Liga FA needs to focus on raising the standard of the La Liga. If not, the few stars they have will depart.

Remember the exodus of players from Malaga. This was because of no money. Valencia had to sell Villa, Silva, Mata and Joaquin to raise money to pay salary.

If the TV rights revenue is shared, the clubs will buy better players and the league gets more attractive to investors.

1 Like

Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
The La Liga FA needs to focus on raising the standard of the La Liga. If not, the few stars they have will depart.

Remember the exodus of players from Malaga. This was because of no money. Valencia had to sell Villa, Silva, Mata and Joaquin to raise money to pay salary.

If the TV rights revenue is shared, the clubs will buy better players and the league gets more attractive to investors.
yes but the stars in barca and madrid need to be paid too.
I bet u that if Barca and Madrid were in EPL, they would be the biggest earners.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

yes but the stars in barca and madrid need to be paid too.
I bet u that if Barca and Madrid were in EPL, they would be the biggest earners.
Barcelona and Real's case is a case of the rich gets richer.

The small clubs in La Liga are fading.

1 Like

Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:08am On Feb 18, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Barcelona and Real's case is a case of the rich gets richer.

The small clubs in La Liga are fading.
but i still find it funny that upon the money spent in EPL, La Liga has overall better teams.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by CLT123(m): 5:05am On Feb 18, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Only because it happens every year.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:36am On Feb 18, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

but i still find it funny that upon the money spent in EPL, La Liga has overall better teams.
Barcelona and Real Madrid have been reigning long before the EPL became what it is today. Real Madrid have been reigning since the 50s.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:37am On Feb 18, 2015
CLT123:
Only because it happens every year.
That is my point.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:58am On Feb 18, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
Barcelona and Real Madrid have been reigning long before the EPL became what it is today. Real Madrid have been reigning since the 50s.
LFP are gonna do something
La Liga has a legacy that wont fall easily
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by Baddestguyp(m): 10:40am On Feb 18, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
I believe England has more European Champions than Spain. From Liverpool to Nottingham Forrest, To Manchester United to Chelsea.

Barca and Real does not make the whole league. Lately, the EPL teams are superior than the Spanish teams.
I totally disagree with your last sentence
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by parrotibaba(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

u just said it bro ,so u expect dem to dump dia own league n invest in other leagues?

1 Like

Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by parrotibaba(m): 11:24am On Feb 18, 2015
The TV rights in EPL will even grow bigger in later years ,players like Isco ,Aubameyang,Pedro will be attracted to d likes Tottenham n Everton n let's face it ,LA liga has been buying d EPL stars for years ,now d tables hv turned I guess ...

1 Like

Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2015
parrotibaba:
The TV rights in EPL will even grow bigger in later years ,players like Isco ,Aubameyang,Pedro will be attracted to d likes Tottenham n Everton n let's face it ,LA liga has been buying d EPL stars for years ,now d tables hv turned I guess ...
no its the other way around.
EPL stars often bcome flops in La Liga while La Liga stars bcome gods in EPL.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by CLT123(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2015
thegoodjoehunt3:
That is my point.
If the WC were held every year the total would be higher than CL.
Re: EPL New TV Rights Deal Will Kill Global Football (Opinion) by parrotibaba(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

no its the other way around.
EPL stars often bcome flops in La Liga while La Liga stars bcome gods in EPL.
so cr7 ,bale ,modric n Suarez r flops? try again bro ...PS sodado is so good dat he can't even score a goal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Photo Show Messi Is A Greedy And Bad Person / Lagerback Will Fail Nigeria - Amodu / Funny Pictures Of Chelsea Players And Fans After Being Defeated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.