Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian (31224 Views)

Hilarious ! A Plethora Of Reasons Why You May Be A Fundamentalist Atheist / Why The "Fundamentalist" Approach To Religion Must Be Wrong / 8 Signs You're Under Spiritual Attack And 3 Steps To Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by joseph1832(m): 1:42am On Feb 25, 2015
Liekiller:

grin grin you gotta love the irony, right?
That's the whole essence of the dogma associated with it all, peeps who can't smell their bullshit but meddle in other people's bullshit!.

I wonder when this people will ever learn to "live and let live".

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 25, 2015
Liekiller:
NATURE (278 references with keyword macroevolution)
http://www.nature.com/search/executeSearch?submit=go&sp-q-1=&sp-a=sp1001702d&sp-c=25&sp-x-1=ujournal&sp-sfvl-field=subject|ujournal&shunter=1424698399976&sp-q=macroevolution&sp-m=0&sp-p=all&sp-s=&sp-p-1=phrase&pag-end=1

SCIENCE (220 references with keyword macroevolution)
http://www.sciencemag.org/search?submit=yes&site_area=sciencejournals&journalcode=sci&journalcode=sigtrans&journalcode=scitransmed&y=0&FIRSTINDEX=0&fulltext=macroevolution&x=0

JOURNAL OF EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY (202 references with keyword macroevolution)
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/advanced/search/results

Then, as a special treat for you, the self-proclaimed molecular biologist, lets have a look what's in a few renowned molecular biology journals:

GENETICS (69 references with keyword macroevolution)
http://www.genetics.org/search?fulltext=macroevolution&submit=yes&x=0&y=0

JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR BIOLOGY (119 references with keyword speciation, 6994 with keyword evolution, just for some variation....)
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleListURL&_method=list&_ArticleListID=-737803677&_sort=r&_st=13&view=c&md5=3c73e87167ecc3e71a381258795abfb7&searchtype=a
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleListURL&_method=list&_ArticleListID=-737805822&_sort=r&_st=13&view=c&md5=51bceaabddcfd0e31d387843c7d78389&searchtype=a

and so on, and so on... you'll notice that we haven't even gone into any specialized journals yet. So, as a conclusion, either you truly stink in your alleged field of research, or you are just full of shiiiiit.

P.S. why don't you just make your life easier by claiming that your god created evolution?

lol we've seen this type of lazy cowardice before... atheists tell you that there is definitive proof that evolution is true... ask them for evidence and they embarrass themselves with such above nonsense. If indeed evolution is true, and you know, how is it so difficult to post just one paper that puts all our doubts into the shade? Except of course the problem is that you really have no clue...

just doing a search using a search term is laughable idiocy to be honest. That a paper has a word in its title does not mean the paper proves that the word is true. Just to humor you... i also went on nature.com and searched for the word "idiocy" ... i came up with 25 references... VOILA! Idiocy is also a theory! It must be true! Afterall i found it on nature, no?

http://www.nature.com/search/executeSearch?submit=go&sp-q-1=&sp-a=sp1001702d&sp-c=25&sp-x-1=ujournal&sp-sfvl-field=subject|ujournal&shunter=1424698399976&sp-q=macroevolution&sp-m=0&sp-p=all&sp-s=&sp-p-1=phrase&pag-end=1

I searched for "creationism" on nature too, i came up with 480 articles (far more than the 278 articles you found for macro-evolution)... By your lazy definition, that must mean creationism is a valid science, is supported by scientific evidence and is scientifically more valid than macro evolution right? cheesy What a joke!

Here is an example of just one of the papers your nature search pulled up -
Obituary: Stephen Jay Gould (1941–2002)
Derek E. G. Briggs
Nature 417, 706-706 doi:10.1038/417706a

What does that have to do with proving that macroevolution is true? grin These people are such dunder heads.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 4:04am On Feb 25, 2015
Liekiller:
Good. Then you certainly know that a scientific theory can't be proved but only falsified. Evolution has not been falsified in spite of 150 years of research in palaentology, comparative anatomy, embryology, genetics, geology etc. However, this makes your statement yet another LIE. The evidence most certainly does exist, which is why evolution is now a "theory". As you certainly know, this means - in scientific terminology - that it is indeed backed up by abundant evidence and has not been falsified

lol you are most certainly confused as a lot of your logic above makes zero sense.

The claim that a scientific theory cant be proved is false. Have you ever heard of the term "hypothesis"? Even if we accept your claim that a scientific theory CANNOT be proved, then how come you think the theory of evolution has been proved?

To say evolution has not been falsified in spite of 150 years of research is partially correct... the problem is that evolution has not been proven to be true in the first place. You cant falsify something that simply exists in the minds of blind devotees.

If evidence "most certainly exists" then where is it? Why is it taking you 7 pages to provide just ONE paper to show us that the evidence exists? When you made an attempt, all you did was do a google search? grin

In scientific terminology (whatever the heck that means), a theory does not necessarily mean there is evidence to support it. For example, have you heard of the theory of dark matter? Where is the evidence to support it? grin It is high time non-science people stop embarrassing themselves here.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 25, 2015
ribbit:
blehhh... May be you don't understand the definition of being a fan of something since most you theists only think one way like a walking dead..

You can't be a fan of something without understanding the basic thing about what you are fan of.

E.g, I'm a fan of music, I'm not a musician for I understand basic things about music. Get it now?
I'm a fan of Honda doesn't mean I work with Honda but I know pretty much and love Honda.
I'm a fan of science and I understand the basics but not a scientist. I'm not gonna indulge you in any discussion because going by your discussion alone on this thread, it shows that it would be a total waste of time. I know if i keep saying A you will be saying illogical B which most theist do anyway. So why waste my precious time with you.
I had to quote you initially so people won't really think you are that smart because of the way you are using sophistry to say nonsense. Again Goodluck.

this makes no sense at all. I am a fan of football... its a game, i understand how the game is played because i watch it all day... but it doesnt mean i can ever be a Lionel Messi tomorrow. Yes you are a fan of music but does that make you able to play an instrument, read music bars, produce a record? Yes you understand what a tune is but how does that knowledge translate to writing a 15 track record? How does that help you understand what a transposition is? See the point now? Just being a fan of something does not make you an authority on it at all...

You claim to be a fan of science... but of what use is that? What basics of science do you really understand? The stuff you google on wikipedia but have never tested in a lab? According to published papers (the research is published in the journal science by the way), less than 25% of published scientific data is actually true. Please ask any serious scientists and they will tell you tales of months spent in the lab fruitlessly trying to replicate published data. Data on the link between vaccines and autism was also published in peer-reviewed journals for more than 10 years before it was proven to be false. So what basics do you think you really understand? There is nothing more dangerous than superficial knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 25, 2015
frank317:

Seriously, what are you doing here? The OP says ten signs u are a fundamentalist christian... How in the world did you digress to discussing science? What has science got to do with the points the op raised?

Did you even notice that Christians and Muslims have taken over the thread with accusation? They just proved the op right and instead of thinking and reflecting on it you are here battling with science, yet you call yourself a scientist. What's ur point really? What do you want?

The problem is most of you are walking empty heads who cannot think outside the box. Fundamentalist atheists spending their entire lives whining about "fundamental christians" and they cannot realize the miserable irony. The problem is we can always count on you folks to crawl out of your holes when its time to insult those "fundamentalists"... all in the name of "we believe in common sense". Challenge you on that "common sense" and "science" and you all start waffling.
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by frank317: 6:17am On Feb 25, 2015
davidylan:

lol you are most certainly confused as a lot of your logic above makes zero sense.

The claim that a scientific theory cant be proved is false. Have you ever heard of the term "hypothesis"? Even if we accept your claim that a scientific theory CANNOT be proved, then how come you think the theory of evolution has been proved?

To say evolution has not been falsified in spite of 150 years of research is partially correct... the problem is that evolution has not been proven to be true in the first place. You cant falsify something that simply exists in the minds of blind devotees.

If think like @ bolded, why are you a christian? You are here asking for proof when you sat down in the comfort of you home, opened the bible and believed in talking snakes, virgin pregnancy and birth, talking donkeys, God man, trinity, hell and plenty other rubbish.. Now you have the guts to ask for proof of anything?

Isnt it a right thinking that you can ask for proof of evolution? But before you confidently ask... Have you provided proof of God, talking snake, devil and all that. Don't give me that faith crap because it makes no sense.

Now the scientific world would be glad to have your like asking series of questions about evolution. However, I wish you will be willing to go back to the OP with this mindset and respond to it without getting all emotional.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by frank317: 6:31am On Feb 25, 2015
davidylan:

The problem is most of you are walking empty heads who cannot think outside the box. Fundamentalist atheists spending their entire lives whining about "fundamental christians" and they cannot realize the miserable irony. The problem is we can always count on you folks to crawl out of your holes when its time to insult those "fundamentalists"... all in the name of "we believe in common sense". Challenge you on that "ucommon sense" and "science" and you all start waffling.

I might be walking around empty headed but you sure walk around with your head filled with junks.

Do you even think at all? Who asked you for a scientific challenge?

You read the OP and felt challenged? Of course you can't reflect on it and answer reasonably because your big head is so stuffed up with junks and there is no room for reasoning. BTW who cares about science.

I am sure I love science as much as you do. We both enjoy scientific results because science and not your religious belives has actually made life better.

If you can use you phone, watch you TV screen, learn from the scientific world, then you have no right to think the onus is on us to prove some of its theories that you don't accept. Its on you too.

Why do feel the need to bring up scientific challenge whenever you senseless believe is made what it is- senseless?

I am sure scientists feel challenged and work harder when they are challenged but you only feel the need to attack when your belief is challenged. Full headed man indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Liekiller(f): 7:47am On Feb 25, 2015
davidylan:

If evidence "most certainly exists" then where is it? Why is it taking you 7 pages to provide just ONE paper to show us that the evidence exists? When you made an attempt, all you did was do a google search? grin

In scientific terminology (whatever the heck that means), a theory does not necessarily mean there is evidence to support it. For example, have you heard of the theory of dark matter? Where is the evidence to support it? grin It is high time non-science people stop embarrassing themselves here.

Please read this since you obviously don't have a clue what "theory" means in science http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
And you claim to be a molecular biologist. Hahaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Liekiller(f): 7:59am On Feb 25, 2015
davidylan:

lol we've seen this type of lazy cowardice before... atheists tell you that there is definitive proof that evolution is true... ask them for evidence and they embarrass themselves with such above nonsense. If indeed evolution is true, and you know, how is it so difficult to post just one paper that puts all our doubts into the shade? Except of course the problem is that you really have no clue...

just doing a search using a search term is laughable idiocy to be honest. That a paper has a word in its title does not mean the paper proves that the word is true. Just to humor you... i also went on nature.com and searched for the word "idiocy" ... i came up with 25 references... VOILA! Idiocy is also a theory! It must be true! Afterall i found it on nature, no?

I searched for "creationism" on nature too, i came up with 480 articles (far more than the 278 articles you found for macro-evolution)... By your lazy definition, that must mean creationism is a valid science, is supported by scientific evidence and is scientifically more valid than macro evolution right? cheesy What a joke!

Here is an example of just one of the papers your nature search pulled up -
Obituary: Stephen Jay Gould (1941–2002)
Derek E. G. Briggs
Nature 417, 706-706 doi:10.1038/417706a

What does that have to do with proving that macroevolution is true? grin These people are such dunder heads.

As usual you produce nothing of substance. You asked for links about the evidence, I posted some. Yes, of course it's only a search list, thank you, I am aware of the shortcomings. Whoever wants evidence can go through it though and will find it. I told you before that I'm not going to re-type and discuss any of it. So just stop wasting everybody's time with your crap. I'm still waiting for you to show us ONE paper that FALSIFIES the theory of evolution. Then also tell me how you expect the results of 150 years of research in so many different fields to be found in one magical paper when every year a few hundred new papers are published on the topic.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by dabosuker(m): 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2015
frank317:

I might be walking around empty headed but you sure walk around with your head filled with junks.

Do you even think at all? Who asked you for a scientific challenge?

You read the OP and felt challenged? Of course you can't reflect on it and answer reasonably because your big head is so stuffed up with junks and there is no room for reasoning. BTW who cares about science.

I am sure I love science as much as you do. We both enjoy scientific results because science and not your religious belives has actually made life better.

If you can use you phone, watch you TV screen, learn from the scientific world, then you have no right to think the onus is on us to prove some of its theories that you don't accept. Its on you too.

Why do feel the need to bring up scientific challenge whenever you senseless believe is made what it is- senseless?

I am sure scientists feel challenged and work harder when they are challenged but you only feel the need to attack when your belief is challenged. Full headed man indeed.

@frank317, i would love to upgrade you to by 200 points to "frank517" you 3 much, said it all. your above lines 4 & 5, those words in bold , have said it all. No sane or unbiased person should have a problem with science & proofs!..science can not yet explain all , and science admits , & says we would , give us time & science usually comes back with proofs & new findings making life much more easier.
Today i so much enjoy using gps , wow! love that stuff. tv, life broadcast, lasers , medicine.....oh science,..we love you! grin if science had always been false or rubbish then we wouldn't have been where we are today,..just take look around . meanwhile if you want to see some of the benefits of religion, watch /listen to the news, cnn, voa, ajazerra..etc. People have just chosen to remain blind & not think too. too bad.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
Liekiller:

Please read this since you obviously don't have a clue what "theory" means in science http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
And you claim to be a molecular biologist. Hahaaaa.

Davidylan claims to be a lot of things, PhD in microbiology and still he doesn't understand the three ideas that holds biology together which evolution is one of them.

I'm not suprised if he doesn't know what a scientific theory is.

Just look at it. Your world becomes magnificent and easy to comprehend with science.

Look at our DNA sequence compared with the chimps. The fact that UUU-codon codes for the first amino acids in any protein in all living organism from bacteria to human beings should tell you something.

Just look at the fossil record

Inability to understand evolution is not an argument against it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by frank317: 7:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
Peterken05:

Davidylan claims to be a lot of things, PhD in microbiology and still he doesn't understand the three ideas that holds biology together which evolution is one of them.

I'm not suprised if he doesn't know what a scientific theory is.

Just look at it. Your world becomes magnificent and easy to comprehend with science.

Look at our DNA sequence compared with the chimps. The fact that UUU-codon codes for the first amino acids in any protein in all living organism from bacteria to human beings should tell you something.

Just look at the fossil record

Inability to understand evolution is not an argument against it.

He is just a fraud who gets frustrated when he cannot decieve some folks on Nairaland just the way his fellow gullible Christians can be deceived because they are just ready to believe anything.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
frank317:

He is just a fraud who gets frustrated when he cannot decieve some folks on Nairaland just the way his fellow gullible Christians can be deceived because they are just ready to believe anything.
That's it

he has no basic knowledge of biology.
There are lots of religious people that re okay with science, what they do is that, whenever science discover new things, they would go bck to their holy books and reinterpret it figuratively and they are cool with science, they accept new discoveries.

only the FUNDAMENTALIST have problem with science

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Empiree: 8:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
[size=20pt]"When missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible we had the land. They said 'let us pray'. We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the bible they had the land"[/size] ~ Desmond tutu

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Liekiller(f): 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
Peterken05:

That's it

he has no basic knowledge of biology.
There are lots of religious people that re okay with science, what they do is that, whenever science discover new things, they would go bck to their holy books and reinterpret it figuratively and they are cool with science, they accept new discoveries.

only the FUNDAMENTALIST have problem with science

Thank you. That's exactly the point. Well, the fundies never fail to come around and prove every point that was made. So it was in this case grin

But... Doesn't their belief teach them not to lie....

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Empiree: 9:02am On Feb 26, 2015
[size=15pt]Are Christians more violent than Muslims?[/size]

Are Christians more violent than Muslims? What does the record say?

Murder rate: White America, like most Christian countries in the Americas, Africa and Eastern Europe, is markedly more violent than most of the Middle East (murders per 100,000 population):

0.6 Bahrain
0.7 Oman
0.8 United Arab Emirates
0.9 Qatar
1.0 Saudi Arabia
1.2 Egypt
1.7 Cyprus
1.8 Jordan
2.0 Iraq
2.1 Israel
2.2 Kuwait
2.2 Lebanon
2.3 Syria
3.0 Iran
3.3 Turkey
3.4 WHITE AMERICA
4.1 Palestine
4.2 Yemen

Terrorist attacks: According to the FBI, only 6% of the terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1980 and 2005 were carried out by Muslim extremists. Even Jewish extremists carried out more (7%).

War: Wars with at least a million dead:

[size=15pt]Christian wars:[/size]

years: name: conservative body count in millions
*535-554: Gothic Wars: 5.0m
*790-1300: Reconquista: 7.0m
*1096-1272: Crusades: 2.0m
*1337-1453: Hundred Years’ War: 3.0m
*1562-1598: French Wars of Religion: 3.0m
*1568-1648: Dutch Revolt: 1.0m
*1618-1648: Thirty Years’ War: 3.0m
*1655-1660: Second Northern War: 3.0m
*1763-1864: Russian-Circassian War: 2.0m
*1792-1802: French Revolutionary Wars: 2.0m
*1803-1815: Napoleonic Wars: 3.5m
*1830-1903: War in Venezuela: 1.0m
*1882-1898: Conquests of Menelik II of Ethiopia: 5.0m
*1910-1920: Mexican Revolution: 1.0m
*1914-1918: First World War: 20.0m
*1917-1922: Russian Civil War: 5.0m
*1939-1945: Second World War: 41.5m (European deaths only)
*1946-1954: First Indochina War: 1.0m
*1950-1953: Korean War: 1.2m
*1955-1975: Vietnam War: 1.1m
*1998-2003: Second Congo War: 2.5m

Muslim wars:

1370-1405: Conquests of Tamerlane: 7.0m
1681-1707: Conquests of Aurangzeb: 5.0m
1967-1970: Nigerian Civil War: 1.0m
1980-1988: Iran-Iraq War: 1.0m
1983-2005: Second Sudanese Civil War: 1.0m
1989-2001: Afghan Civil War: 1.4m

Seven times more people have died in Christian wars: [size=15pt]113.8 million compared to the 16.4 million who died in Muslim wars.[/size]

There are more Christians, but only about 50% more, nothing like seven times more.

Western history is Eurocentric, so we know more about wars in Christian lands than in Muslim ones. But not for wars since 1900, and there the imbalance is even worse: 73.3 million compared to 4.4 millon – 17 times more dead in Christian wars.

Some blame technology, yet the Muslim world has all the weapons the West had to kill over 100 million people. And yet it did not.

Democide: counts those who died not through war or street crime but through the wilful in/action of government, like genocide or Mao’s Great Leap Forward.

Christian democides of a million or more (does not count communist democides):

940-1917: Russia (tsarist): 2.1m
1095-1272: Crusades: 1.0m
1451-1870: European slave trade: 17.3m
1492-1900: Latin America: 13.8m Amerindians
1600-1900: Caribbean: 10.0m slaves worked to death
1618-1648; Thirty Years War: 5.8m
1651-1987: British Empire: 1.1m (not counting slavery)
1800-1900: Brazil: 1.5m Amazon rubber companies
1900-1920: Mexico: 1.4m
1933-1945: Germany (Nazis): 20.9m
1945-1948: Poland: 1.6m

Muslim democides of a million or more:

400-1900: Iran: 2.0m
1110-1918: Ottoman Empire: 3.9m
1958-1987: Pakistan: 1.5m
1983-2005: Sudan: 1.9m Nuer, Dinka, Christians, Nuba, etc

Christians have killed eight times more people in democides than Muslims: 76.5 million compared to 9.3 million. Almost the same rate as for war.

The mistake here lies not in the numbers but in the words “Christian” and “Muslim”. Sometimes religion is a cause – or at least an excuse – like in the bombings by Christian extremist Eric Rudolph or the genocide in Sudan. But most often it is not. Calling, say, the 9/11 terrorists “Muslim” is like calling Hitler “Christian”: true yet misleading. It is Islamophobia, not a serious attempt to understand the world as it is.

Sources: Wikipedia, R.J. Rummel, FBI, Loonwatch, U.S. Department of Justice, List of countries by intentional homicide rate.

https://abagond./2013/04/24/are-christians-more-violent-than-muslims/

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Empiree: 9:04am On Feb 26, 2015
[size=15pt]Bible and violence[/size]

Ra'anan S. Boustan states that "violence can be found throughout the pages of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament." Philip Jenkins describes the Bible as overflowing with "texts of terror".
Supersessionist Christians focus on violence in the Old Testament while ignoring or giving little attention to violence in the New Testament

Christian violence

Among common examples of violence in Christianity, J. Denny Weaver lists "(the) crusades, the multiple blessings of wars, warrior popes, support for capital punishment, corporal punishment under the guise of 'spare the rod and spoil the child,' justifications of slavery, world-wide colonialism in the name of conversion to Christianity, the systemic violence of women subjected to men". In the view of many historians, the Constantinian shift turned Christianity from a persecuted into a persecuting religion. Miroslav Volf has identified the intervention of a "new creation", as in the Second Coming, as a particular aspect of Christianity that generates violence. Writing about the latter, Volf says:

"Beginning at least with Constantine's conversion, the followers of the Crucified have perpetrated gruesome acts of violence under the sign of the cross. Over the centuries, the seasons of Lent and Holy Week were, for the Jews, times of fear and trepidation; Christians have perpetrated some of the worst pogroms as they remembered the crucifixion of Christ, for which they blamed the Jews. Muslims also associate the cross with violence; crusaders' rampages were undertaken under the sign of the cross."

The statement attributed to Jesus "I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword" has been interpreted by some as a call to arms for Christians.[20] Mark Juergensmeyer argues that "despite its central tenets of love and peace, Christianity—like most traditions—has always had a violent side. The bloody history of the tradition has provided images as disturbing as those provided by Islam or Sikhism, and violent conflict is vividly portrayed in the Bible. This history and these biblical images have provided the raw material for theologically justifying the violence of contemporary Christian groups. For example, attacks on abortion clinics have been viewed not only as assaults on a practice that Christians regard as immoral, but also as skirmishes in a grand confrontation between forces of evil and good that has social and political implications."[20]:19–20, sometimes referred to as Spiritual warfare.

Historically, according to René Girard, Christianity embraced violence when it became the state religion of Rome: "Beginning with Constantine, Christianity triumphed at the level of the state and soon began to cloak with its authority persecutions similar to those in which the early Christians were victims."

Holy war

The Biblical account of Joshua and the Battle of Jericho has been used to justify genocidal Holy war, including war waged on one Christian sect by another.[22]:3 Chirot also interprets 1 Samuel 15:1-3 as "the sentiment, so clearly expressed, that because a historical wrong was committed, justice demands genocidal retribution."[22]:7–8 Just war theory, on the other hand, is a doctrine of military ethics of Roman philosophical and Catholic origin[23][24] studied by moral theologians, ethicists, and international policy makers, that holds that a conflict can and ought to meet the criteria of philosophical, religious or political justice, provided it follows certain conditions.

Continue reading.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_violence

[size=20pt]CHRISTIANITY IS A VIOLENT RELIGION[/size]......I tell you

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:12am On Feb 26, 2015
Empiree, you should be ashamed of yourself for copying and pasting from radical islamic sites that use lies against christianity to gain converts.

Rather than using the alleged violence of Christianity to promote islam, why not speak about the benefits and the fruits of islam? For example, you can show us the power of islamic economies, the technological advancement of sharia countries, the progressive rights that women get in sharia countries and also the tolerance of sharia towards non-muslims
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Empiree: 9:18am On Feb 26, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
[size=4pt]Empire, you should be ashamed of yourself for copying and pasting from radical islamic sites that use lies against christianity to gain converts.
Rather than using the alleged violence of Christianity to promote islam, why not speak about the benefits and the fruits of islam? For example, you can show us the power of islamic economies, the technological advancement of sharia countries, the progressive rights that women get in sharia countries and also the tolerance of sharia towards non-muslims[/size]
Just please.....zip it. When chicken now coming home to roost you begin to plead. You hypocrite. When that lady from abakaliki was distorting Islam text and copying and pasting, you enjoyed it. Why didnt you say she should invest her time to enlighten NLders how her religion contributed positively to the world advancement?. Your hypocrisy stinks...I swear

And even when we refuted her allegations or said something positive about Islam you and other christian fanatics called us liars. So deal with it. I can go back to previous pages and show you what you said. Warn her to stop or else i will continue. If you don't you are not sincere.
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by frank317: 9:56am On Feb 26, 2015
@Emipree pls shut th F**k up. Islam is the most useless religion anyone can think of. I wonder why a right thinking person can be a Muslim.

You came here and call Christians names while we all know you backyard if filled with innocent blood. Islam is a violent religion and no amount of painting can change that. This thread is not for you, go where u are called.

You have nothing to feel good about yourself. Allah is a psycho just Like his twin brother Yahweh.

Christians and Muslims have been on their neck for ages, with your gods acting like two imature kids, sucking blood like vampires. If you guys think this is a thread for you to came and bash each other.... It just shows how sick ya all are.

Ya all need your brains reconfigured.
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Amhappy(f): 10:35am On Feb 26, 2015
frank317:

Dont tell me you believe in evolution
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by frank317: 11:28am On Feb 26, 2015
Amhappy:

Who cares about evolution.

I believe in what I see and what I understand... Most importantly, I believe in me.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
Amhappy:

Evolution is not a belief system, its the fact.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
Empiree:
Just please.....zip it. When chicken now coming home to roost you begin to plead. You hypocrite. When that lady from abakaliki was distorting Islam text and copying and pasting, you enjoyed it. Why didnt you say she should invest her time to enlighten NLders how her religion contributed positively to the world advancement?. Your hypocrisy stinks...I swear

And even when we refuted her allegations or said something positive about Islam you and other christian fanatics called us liars. So deal with it. I can go back to previous pages and show you what you said. Warn her to stop or else i will continue. If you don't you are not sincere.

Take it easy. Everyone knows Ifeann's agenda. And also, I see you as a closer friend. This is why I correct you more.

Sha stop lying though.
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
frank317:
@Emipree pls shut th F**k up. Islam is the most useless religion anyone can think of. I wonder why a right thinking person can be a Muslim.

You came here and call Christians names while we all know you backyard if filled with innocent blood. Islam is a violent religion and no amount of painting can change that. This thread is not for you, go where u are called.

You have nothing to feel good about yourself. Allah is a psycho just Like his twin brother Yahweh.

Christians and Muslims have been on their neck for ages, with your gods acting like two imature kids, sucking blood like vampires. If you guys think this is a thread for you to came and bash each other.... It just shows how sick ya all are.

Ya all need your brains reconfigured.

And are you better with your anti-religous beef?

Although, I agree with you that empiree should shut up
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by frank317: 12:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

And are you better with your anti-religous beef?

Although, I agree with you that empiree should shut up

Better in what way? Does it matter? I never called myself a saint but I am pissed at how both religions try to parade each other as evil while pretending like both are not simply telling themselves the plain truth. Its just like rubbing hypocrisy in our faces in a broad daylight. Who are you deceiving?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
frank317:

Better in what way? Does it matter? I never called myself a saint but I am pissed at how both religions try to parade each other as evil while pretending like both are not simply telling themselves the plain truth. Its just like rubbing hypocrisy in our faces in a broad daylight. Who are you deceiving?

Whatever, at least christianity is an easy religion. When last did you hear christians chopping off the heads of infidel atheists?
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by frank317: 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Whatever, at least christianity is an easy religion. When last did you hear christians chopping off the heads of infidel atheists?

Ya.. Muslims attack people physically while Christians do so psychologically.

You claim no one can be savedl if not through your belief. You condem even loving people like Mandela and threaten people morally better than you with hell just because they don't share you belief. Your so called men of God rob you of your senses and money by psychologically controling you and you shove your delusions on peoples faces.

Why do I have the feeling that most of the Christians commenting on this thread did not read the OP and if they did, they didn't understand it.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Amhappy(f): 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
Peterken05:

Evolution is not a belief system, its the fact.

The theory that man started as a cell in the sea or the one that chimpanzee will soon evolve into man. A scientific law is the undisputable fact and evolution is not a law yet even in the world of science.
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by frank317: 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2015
Amhappy:

The theory that man started as a cell in the sea or the one that chimpanzee will soon evolve into man. A scientific law is the undisputable fact and evolution is not a law yet even in the world of science.

And what has this got to do with the OP?
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Empiree: 1:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Take it easy. Everyone knows Ifeann's agenda. And also, I see you as a closer friend. This is why I correct you more.
Lol, now as a closer friend?. Fantastic ! Lucky you. I am not done yet until i trash christian theology. That will make you feel bad and renounce Christianity sooner or later. I know you know little or no knowledge of islam.

@ frank317, empire is a sleeping dog. You might perhaps need to do yourself a favor by going through this thread see who attacked islam first and claimed to be a better religion. Table is turning frank.
Re: Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian by Amhappy(f): 2:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
frank317:

And what has this got to do with the OP?

Oga Frank my response was for Peter. I did not even read the OP post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

New Photos Of Akwa Ibom Boy Abandoned To Die For Being A Wizard Will Shock You / Mosques And Churches To Reopen In Lagos On August 7 & 9 Respectively / ODO OWA: Birth Place of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, Founder CAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.