Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible (8810 Views)

Buhari Is Victimizing Those That Don't Belong To His Religious Group - CAN Youth / EXPLANATION :BIBLE STORIES THAT DON'T ADD UP / Some Things That Happens In The Church Of God Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
simplex2:
The jews concocted a story about how life started from their race and how they are the fathers of all nation and you lot believe them? Smh! Try and calculate the distance from garden of eden (present day middle east) and Australia you will understand that no level of migration will make man move from middle east to australia within 2,000 yrs.
And the Noah flood? Another bull crap! Talking snakes and donkeys? Bull crap!
The more you understand that these things were concocted for a supremacy purpose, the better for you.

The bible you adore, reverence and defend with all your life was assembled at the council of Nice by mere mortals like you and I. They threw away some books they felt wouldn't suit their purpose and accepted the ones they wanted.

Asin eeehn bro e tire me tho i dont blame them we were all indoctrinated into it by our parents... Snake talked, donkey talked, whale swallowed a human then vomit am again habaaaaa na only us waka come? ..

Every society have their own mythology on how life began... Egyptians, igbos, greeks, persians, yorubas, every race and people have theirs even the jews plagiarized theirs from the mesopetamian creation myth but these guys prefer the jewish fable that was sold to them by foreign missionaries making them ignore their own folklores and mythology... thats why africa seems to be lost in terms of history
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by simplex2: 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
cupid1:
i feel like hugging u right now, tot no one would mention this fact. There was even a bible book that spoke of jesus having affairs with women and the council intentionally decided to omit it from the bible because it didn't portray jesus as the son of the supreme being(God)

I read all those gospels. I read the gospel of mary magdalene, that of thomas and that of judas is'cariot. I read about the early christians and the crusaders. Xtians seem to be satisfied with the little that was given to them. Those men at Nice made a thoroughly selection and inserted phrases like 'don't add or remove', 'everything written in the scriptures is approved of god' bla bla bla! Christians even consider it blasphemous to seek for knowledge outside the man-made bible. As long as they are concerned, that book is the 'beginning and the end' and they actually feel it was thrown down from heaven!
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by simplex2: 10:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
johnydon22:

Every society have their own mythology on how life began... Egyptians, igbos, greeks, persians, yorubas, every race and people have theirs even the jews plagiarized theirs from the mesopetamian creation myth but these guys prefer the jewish fable that was sold to them by foreign missionaries making them ignore their own folklores and mythology..

Exactly! The case of virgin birth is very obvious. The older religions always adopts a virgin birth to their leader; so he'll be depicted as half-man, half-god. A simply google search will show that most religions that existed b4 christianity assigned a virgin-birth status to their god. Christianity just copied, transcribed and made theirs more popular.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
simplex2:

I read all those gospels. I read the gospel of mary magdalene, that of thomas and that of judas is'cariot. I read about the early christians and the crusaders. Xtians seem to be satisfied with the little that was given to them. Those men at Nice made a thoroughly selection and inserted phrases like 'don't add or remove', 'everything written in the scriptures is approved of god' bla bla bla! Christians even consider it blasphemous to seek for knowledge outside the man-made bible. As long as they are concerned, that book is the 'beginning and the end' and they actually feel it was thrown down from heaven!
please where did u read dem cos i really need to do so too, i've only heard of them...even the lost book of the bible
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 12:19am On Feb 22, 2015
cupid1:
please where did u read dem cos i really need to do so too, i've only heard of them...even the lost book of the bible

They are called the gnostic gospels, their were more than 300 hundred of them but most were burnt after the council of nice voted in four gospels you have now out of more than 300... Only few are still around.

Btw some part of the quran were based on these gnostic gospels too

Those bunch of old catholic bishops in the council of nice along with emperor Constantine carefully formulated all this christian fables that people now kill themselves over..
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
johnydon22:

They are called the gnostic gospels, their were more than 300 hundred of them but most were burnt after the council of nice voted in four gospels you have now out of more than 300... Only few are still around.

Btw some part of the quran were based on these gnostic gospels too

Those bunch of old catholic bishops in the council of nice along with emperor Constantine carefully formulated all this christian fables that people now kill themselves over..
i read them yesterday and i'm currently reading 'the lost book of the bible' which documents jesus' childhood and some miracles which were not included in the gospels of mathew, mark, luke and john
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 2:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
cupid1:
i read them yesterday and i'm currently reading 'the lost book of the bible' which documents jesus' childhood and some miracles which were not included in the gospels of mathew, mark, luke and john

How many have you read?
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Horus(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
cupid1:
First of all, i would like to begin by stating that i am by no means an atheist. I was born and brought up in a christian home. But in my years as a christian, i have come to find out that some things in the bible don't really add up. I have asked around and still haven't gotten any reasonable answer so i decided to post the question here on nairaland.
My question is: "if we all originated from Adam and Eve, then why are some people dark in complexion and others are light skinned"
i mean, if they were both dark then why aren't we dark all over the world and if they were both light skinned, then why aren't we all light skinned. Or did God decide to play a trick on us and decide to bring racism into existence.
And secondly if life originated in europe, dem how did people living in other continents cross over and how is it that when the europeans built the first sea sailing ships that came to africa, the africans were still amazed. Surely, they wouldn't be amazed if they had sailed to africa in a similar way
I hope i get reasonable answers and not some people talking about the credibility of my religious upbringing.

Adam and Eve were not the first people on Planet Earth. Adam and Eve were Hindu (East Indian) and their religion was Hinduism. We must understand that NAME PLURALITY is a key to understanding the Bible. Adam was not one man but a branch of the Hindu People. The female of that branch is called Eve in the Bible. Adam and Eve were the first men and women of this world, meaning, the first people of THE MOON CYCLE, that is, the first people converted to the Moon God’s way of life. An ancient name of the Moon and Moon God is SIN. The Moon Cycle (the Sin Cycle) began approximately six thousand (6000) years ago. There were millions of people of other races on Planet Earth when Adam and Eve were ousted from the Garden of Eden (Africa and Asia) and sent to the Aegean Islands.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by gatiano(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Let us use biology to enlighting ourselves as to this topic.
Are you familiar with the Mendel's law (third) from wiki- Mendel's Law of Dominance states that recessive alleles will always be masked by dominant alleles. Therefore, a cross between a homozygous dominant and a homozygous recessive will always express the dominant phenotype, while still having a heterozygous genotype.

Black person is the most dominant, while white is the most recessive. Mongolian varies between very light brown to light yellow which includes the Japanese, Chinese, Thailander etc. Mongolian crossed the baring straits into the western part of the planet, the americas, there they met with black people mixed with them and killed of some blacks over a long period of mixed breed they turned into the red indians.
Then we have the caucasian with blond, red or light brown hair with blue or green eyes(these are traits of the most recessive gene.)

so if whites(caucasians) were first, there would never have been mongolians and the phoenicians(white skinned but with black or brown eyes with black hair), the red indians and there won't have been definitely blacks.

If Mongolians were first, there won't have been the phoenicians, the blacks, but there would be the caucasians
If There was Phoenicians first, there will be others except blacks.
It goes to show that Blacks were the first. where then did other races come from?

some biased black people who hate themselves so much and sold the love of theirselves to white will tell you that they moved from Africa, and when they got into a cold region they turned white overtime (this is utterly rubbish). compare that with the relationship between the blacks and the mongolians (which made more sense?)

Some who delude themselves with being scholars, will tell that they other races evolved from black people. like the evolution theory was sane.

THE TRUTH IS THE BLACK PEOPLE INTENTIONALLY MADE THE OTHER RACES THROUGH DELIBRATE BREEDING CALLED GRAFTING.
Blacks are of different shades, blacks have both the recessive gene and the dominant gene. thus we have blacks that are very black and blacks that like dark brown skin. breeding the brown unto the brown will produce light brown, and the selective breeding continued for 666 years till we got the caucasian man(white with blond and blue eyes).
there are 60,000 Blackmen and blackwomen who did this. Their leader is named Yahweh (Yakub), and the 59,999 others are his messengers like angel Michael, Gabriel, etc. Together the 60,000 are called Eloheim. They got permission from the LORD GOD (THE ORIGINATOR), to make these new people to rule for 6000 years.

i will be making a new tread to discuss this in perfect detail. it will include the basic science of the African people, how the black people created the universe.

cupid1:
First of all, i would like to begin by stating that i am by no means an atheist. I was born and brought up in a christian home. But in my years as a christian, i have come to find out that some things in the bible don't really add up. I have asked around and still haven't gotten any reasonable answer so i decided to post the question here on nairaland.
My question is: "if we all originated from Adam and Eve, then why are some people dark in complexion and others are light skinned"
i mean, if they were both dark then why aren't we dark all over the world and if they were both light skinned, then why aren't we all light skinned. Or did God decide to play a trick on us and decide to bring racism into existence.
And secondly if life originated in europe, dem how did people living in other continents cross over and how is it that when the europeans built the first sea sailing ships that came to africa, the africans were still amazed. Surely, they wouldn't be amazed if they had sailed to africa in a similar way
I hope i get reasonable answers and not some people talking about the credibility of my religious upbringing.

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by macof(m): 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
The Adam and eve story is a myth, btw other cultures have their myth of first human on earth
Op try learning that of your ethnicity
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 23, 2015
gatiano:
Let us use biology to enlighting ourselves as to this topic.
Are you familiar with the Mendel's law (third) from wiki- Mendel's Law of Dominance states that recessive alleles will always be masked by dominant alleles. Therefore, a cross between a homozygous dominant and a homozygous recessive will always express the dominant phenotype, while still having a heterozygous genotype.

Black person is the most dominant, while white is the most recessive. Mongolian varies between very light brown to light yellow which includes the Japanese, Chinese, Thailander etc. Mongolian crossed the baring straits into the western part of the planet, the americas, there they met with black people mixed with them and killed of some blacks over a long period of mixed breed they turned into the red indians.
Then we have the caucasian with blond, red or light brown hair with blue or green eyes(these are traits of the most recessive gene.)

so if whites(caucasians) were first, there would never have been mongolians and the phoenicians(white skinned but with black or brown eyes with black hair), the red indians and there won't have been definitely blacks.

If Mongolians were first, there won't have been the phoenicians, the blacks, but there would be the caucasians
If There was Phoenicians first, there will be others except blacks.
It goes to show that Blacks were the first. where then did other races come from?

some biased black people who hate themselves so much and sold the love of theirselves to white will tell you that they moved from Africa, and when they got into a cold region they turned white overtime (this is utterly rubbish). compare that with the relationship between the blacks and the mongolians (which made more sense?)

Some who delude themselves with being scholars, will tell that they other races evolved from black people. like the evolution theory was sane.

THE TRUTH IS THE BLACK PEOPLE INTENTIONALLY MADE THE OTHER RACES THROUGH DELIBRATE BREEDING CALLED GRAFTING.
Blacks are of different shades, blacks have both the recessive gene and the dominant gene. thus we have blacks that are very black and blacks that like dark brown skin. breeding the brown unto the brown will produce light brown, and the selective breeding continued for 666 years till we got the caucasian man(white with blond and blue eyes).
there are 60,000 Blackmen and blackwomen who did this. Their leader is named Yahweh (Yakub), and the 59,999 others are his messengers like angel Michael, Gabriel, etc. Together the 60,000 are called Eloheim. They got permission from the LORD GOD (THE ORIGINATOR), to make these new people to rule for 6000 years.

i will be making a new tread to discuss this in perfect detail. it will include the basic science of the African people, how the black people created the universe.

so u mean yahweh and eloheim, which people claim are some of God's names are black men and women i.e humans. If so tell me if they're dead and why some people still worship them
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by gatiano(m): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2015
When the black people were still conscious of who they were, they would live for 7000 years, some lived and are still living for 700,000 years, The ones that created the heavens and the earth lived for trillions of years. The question is how do we calculate time? Time started when the earth began to rotate. That was not this earth, that was the very first earth from which the entire universe was created. Ages were reduced in order to check and control over population. (all these would be discussed in my/our new tread).

Now, Does anybody knows what happened to the bodies of Moses, Elijah, Jesus, Muhammad and few others? They were kept in comatose(supreme science of preserving bodies), they can last for how long they intended to last. However their spirits ascended to the custody of the Most High. They can return to their body or be born afresh as a new baby, such as Jesus and few others. Black people don't die, only the body expires(fear not those who can kill the body, but fear that who(GOD) can destroy the body, soul and spirit). energy can neither be created nor destroyed(this is white ignorant version), energy can be created and destroyed say the black elders. so black people can re-incarnate. non-blacks too don't die, only their spirit don't belong to them so they cannot re-incarnate, they are only assured of everlasting life if they are righteous.

cupid1:
so u mean yahweh and eloheim, which people claim are some of God's names are black men and women i.e humans. If so tell me if they're dead and why some people still worship them

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
after the incident at the tower of babel, don't you think God must have altered the genes of these people that went their separate ways to match the weather conditions of the places they found themselves? if God could transform king Nebuchadnezzar into pig, don't you think God might have tranformed chickens into girls that satisfied these men, especially those lonely ones? "I" believe the different climate conditions and race became an issue because men allowed themselves to be decieved by satan. these things(race, snow, heat, rain etc) were made by God and everything that is made by God is perfect.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by asala1: 2:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
emrain:
after the incident at the tower of babel, don't you think God must have altered the genes of these people that went their separate ways to match the weather conditions of the places they found themselves? if God could transform king Nebuchadnezzar into pig, don't you think God might have tranformed chickens into girls that satisfied these men, especially those lonely ones? "I" believe the different climate conditions and race became an issue because men allowed themselves to be decieved by satan. these things(race, snow, heat, rain etc) were made by God and everything that is made by God is perfect.

Let assume God created everyone, why is it that God love some people (The Hebrew people) more than others and was willing to destroy them? If the Israelites were passing through Nigeria during the exodus, do you believe they will destroy the country?
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2015

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
asala1:

Let assume God created everyone, why is it that God love some people (The Hebrew people) more than others and was willing to destroy them? If the Israelites were passing through Nigeria during the exodus, do you believe they will destroy the country?

God regretted creating man. but the father of Israel was a very good friend of God, God made a promise to him and God's words can't return to him void. so He made sure He kept his promise to Abraham. but glory be to God, Jesus has paid the ultimate price, we are all now sons of God as long as you love God and keep his commandments. and God's love for His children are equal. it's now left to you to understand Him and stop living a pitiable life out of ignorance.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 6:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
emrain:

God regretted creating man. but the father of Israel was a very good friend of God, God made a promise to him and God's words can't return to him void. so He made sure He kept his promise to Abraham. but glory be to God, Jesus has paid the ultimate price, we are all now sons of God as long as you love God and keep his commandments. and God's love for His children are equal. it's now left to you to understand Him and stop living a pitiable life out of ignorance.

Hmmmm so God even regrets huh... i thought he was omniscient, he knows everything before they happen... so he surely must have know man will fall... so how come he regretted? grin

1 Like

Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 23, 2015
gatiano:
When the black people were still conscious of who they were, they would live for 7000 years, some lived and are still living for 700,000 years, The ones that created the heavens and the earth lived for trillions of years. The question is how do we calculate time? Time started when the earth began to rotate. That was not this earth, that was the very first earth from which the entire universe was created. Ages were reduced in order to check and control over population. (all these would be discussed in my/our new tread).

Now, Does anybody knows what happened to the bodies of Moses, Elijah, Jesus, Muhammad and few others? They were kept in comatose(supreme science of preserving bodies), they can last for how long they intended to last. However their spirits ascended to the custody of the Most High. They can return to their body or be born afresh as a new baby, such as Jesus and few others. Black people don't die, only the body expires(fear not those who can kill the body, but fear that who(GOD) can destroy the body, soul and spirit). energy can neither be created nor destroyed(this is white ignorant version), energy can be created and destroyed say the black elders. so black people can re-incarnate. non-blacks too don't die, only their spirit don't belong to them so they cannot re-incarnate, they are only assured of everlasting life if they are righteous.

start the thread already, I can't wait. I love bizarre things, the unknown and the origin of life. that is why I have followed most world religions and I've read some of their scriptures. infact when u start the thread, u have free license to advertise ur thread on my thread; share us a link
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Hmmmm so God even regrets huh... i thought he was omniscient, he knows everything before they happen... so he surely must have know man will fall... so how come he regretted? grin

He does know everything before it happens. just as you know your parents will die one day, but you'll still feel bad when they die. especially if they die younger than you expect.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by gatiano(m): 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
surest thing brother. i will start it up in 30 mins.

cupid1:
start the thread already, I can't wait. I love bizarre things, the unknown and the origin of life. that is why I have followed most world religions and I've read some of their scriptures. infact when u start the thread, u have free license to advertise ur thread on my thread; share us a link
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by johnydon22(m): 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
emrain:

[b[He does know everything before it happens[/b]. just as you know your parents will die one day, but you'll still feel bad when they die. especially if they die younger than you expect.

Ok now you agree he does not know everything before it happens... whats omniscient again... grin
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by asala1: 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
emrain:

Lol, this your post should be in the joke section. Why do Christians behave like this?
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by gatiano(m): 8:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2163386/african-blackroots-science-religion-science#31015972

cupid1:
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by gatiano(m): 8:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by JahzaraAde(f): 11:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
cupid1:

Firstly, (and forgive me, Cupid1, if this comes across a little offensive - that's really not my intention), if you (and all of us too) just read books, you would be in the best position to answer these questions yourself.

Even if we remove Christianity from your reasonings, the answers concerning a) the diversity of races, b) the oldest remains of Homo sapiens found and c) the translocation of the earliest people, all can be found within books.

Your best bet is to dedicate some of your own time to studying these questions (the Internet is brimming with interesting and conflicting theories). Through this, you can make your own informed conclusions on the origin of races and so on.

I would love to see a follow up post on YOUR OWN theory behind the existence of different races - I think it will generate a more informed discussion/debate.

smiley
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Weah96: 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
JahzaraAde:

Firstly, (and forgive me, Cupid1, if this comes across a little offensive - that's really not my intention), if you (and all of us too) just read books, you would be in the best position to answer these questions yourself.

Even if we remove Christianity from your reasonings, the answers concerning a) the diversity of races, b) the oldest remains of Homo sapiens found and c) the translocation of the earliest people, all can be found within books.

Your best bet is to dedicate some of your own time to studying these questions (the Internet is brimming with interesting and conflicting theories). Through this, you can make your own informed conclusions on the origin of races and so on.

I would love to see a follow up post on YOUR OWN theory behind the existence of different races - I think it will generate a more informed discussion/debate.

smiley

But the Bible is infallible and the words are inerrant. There is no conversation to be had without first addressing that claim.
Re: Some Things That Don't Add Up In The Bible by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
JahzaraAde:

smiley
SISTER, i have read everything i could lay hands on about a) the diversity of races, b) the oldest remains of Homo sapiens found and c) the translocation of the earliest people from a historian's and scientist's points of view. If u go through the internet u will see many conflicting theories as to ur afore mentioned points. If i decide to form my own theories based on a) the diversity of races, b) the oldest remains of Homo sapiens found and c) the translocation of the earliest people, won't it add to the many millions of theories already propounded and still leave us all in our ignorance ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Translate This Gospel Song. / God Allegedly Directed A Pastor To Divorce His Eloped Wife / Bible Quiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.