Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:46 AM

Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent (4612 Views)

Buhari Has No Minister As Intelligent As Sanusi – Reno Omokri / Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates / Update from Lagos Gubernatorial Debate Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent by KwoiZabo(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2015
I have to say this in Black and White. Most yoruba's in Lagos love Agbaje and will vote for him. But as i was discussing with a friend, yoruba's are very sentimental and if most yorubas see Agbaje as PDP or Igbo candidate they could turn around and vote against him.
Agbaje is obviously the best candidate.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent by BlackBaron: 7:58am On Feb 18, 2015
It's time to start running with independent candidates.

We have inadvertently created a 'league of godfathers ' from the south to the west who sponsor their cronies to power with their mostly illegal wealth. It's no news when they get into power, they expect their protégé protégés to rinse out the coffers plus interest for work done installing them to power.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent by BabaO2: 10:51am On Feb 18, 2015
babyosisi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdrdYot78T8

We saw the body language picture on FP ,but have you watched the debate
There is no accord between light and darkness indeed

Ambode is no match to Agbaje

Agbaje is more articulate,poised,appears more genuine with a clear vision and purpose
He is more intelligent ,exudes confidence and thinks on his feet,that is what Lagos state wants.
Don't take my words for it,watch it yourself and see where the crowd even laughs Ambode to scorn a few times wink
Agbaje is also sexier wink

I was forced to listen to the debate because of your comments.
It shows your level of exposure and understanding is very poor. I think you melted for polished English of Agbaje.
First, the audience went against the rule, it showed there were more PDP apologists in that hall, before Agbaje started talking they applauded him, applauded him for what?
second, if both of them were to write it down as Examinations, Ambode made more issue-based points with uncommon statistics
Thirdly, about PPP. Ambode finished him, it shows Agbaje is an hypocrite, for unnecessarily criticizing Lekki PPP
Fourthly, Ambode at the introduction proved what he has to do the job, but Agbaje was speaking polished English, he said nothing
Also, I didnt see where anybody was laughed to scorn.

Comments against Ambode:
Overconfidence was his major undoing in few cases.
Also, he shouldn't have requested panels to give him time to ask Agbaje what is an ocean economy, he should have waited for an opportunity to make his point when next he has the floor, by so doing, he wouldn't have given Agbaje the opportunity to explain his agenda.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent by justfash50: 11:44am On Feb 18, 2015
Yes I concur with you, pls @all watch the debate again Ambode shot himself in the foot by attacking Agbaje without having a superior response after his reply. He was just too on the offensive which at the end did not favour him. Agbaje to me is good but not grounded in governance of Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 18, 2015
Jimi speaks very well. Ambode didnt speak with much confidence and his H-factor didnt help either

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent by VolvoS60(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
tbaba1234:

The lekki toll gate is located in an area where most of the rich live. And is cheaper than your Airport tollgate located on the mainland where average folks live. Is favouring the rich done by taxing them? I wonder why less criticism is targeted at those actually taxing average Nigerians

The road is in excellent shape and a joy to drive on. Those unwilling to pay have alternative routes.

A

^^^^
The toll fee on the lekki-epe expressway is effectively a flat tax. For a party which claims to be 'progressive', isn't a flat tax a contradiction? There may be many rich people living on that axis but what proportion of the population are they?

It is rather strange to compare the lekki tollgate with the airport tollgate. The lekki tollgate is on a major traffic corridor through which traffic flows from the lekki-epe axis to victoria island. The airport tollgate (as the name implies) on the other hand is on an artery through which traffic coming to and from the airport connects to ikeja and other parts of the mainland.

People who have no business at the airport or the surrounding area generally have no reason to use the artery on which the airport tollgate is sited. On the other hand, the lekki-epe to victoria island road is the key traffic corridor to and from these two areas.

Which brings me to your point about alternative routes. The traffic management on the alternative route is very poor. There is a market on the (new market road) alternative route which constricts traffic and poses a serious traffic problem, day and night. It has been this way for years. Yet the LASG has not thought it fit to relocate the market for traffic to flow freely, despite several appeals from the public. There is also a spot (at the bend) on this same road which habitually suffers material failure of the paving stones used in construction. This defective portion of the road is routinely allowed to fail and remedial action is not carried out until months after the road has suffered serious deterioration. The objective of course, is to frustrate road users into abandoning the alternative route and effectively compel them to use the tolled road. To generate more income for the APC political machine. angry

In summary, the difference (in road maintenance and traffic management) between the alternative route and the tolled route is like the difference between night and day. This is one (just one) of the reasons why I will be voting against the APC candidate in next month's gubernatorial elections.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obanikoro, Mimiko, Adams Fail To Deliver Wards To Jonathan / ANAMBRA STATE, The Economic Heartbeat Of Nigeria - Prof Yemi Osibanjo / 7 Reasons Why Biafra Will Never Happen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.