Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business (112479 Views)

Tales Of Losses: Engage Nigeria's Army Of Half Baked Artisans At Your Peril. / Storage Business Onions And Pepper (tatashi) / Onions Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
11k will get u one full bag/sack of onions and still get it down to lagos.

Talking about profit, u should not likened it to a get rich quick scheme. The profit margin ranges from 16% to 24% and can still skyrocket to 60% or more depending on the type of market and season. The more your bags, the more your profit.

Accommodation - where are u based, and why do u need accommodation if u reside in lag. If u want to travel down to the North ursef, u'll incur more expenses which is not included in the initial 11k.

Transport - I think I have done justice to that

Feel free to ask more questions but u'll get a reply after I'm done with my laundry.. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by dewale2k: 6:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
napolie:

Talking about profit, u should not likened it to a get rich quick scheme. The profit margin ranges from 16% to 24% and can still skyrocket to 60% or more depending on the type of market and season. The more your bags, the more your profit.

Accommodation - where are u based, and why do u need accommodation if u reside in lag. If u want to travel down to the North ursef, u'll incur more expenses which is not included in the initial 11k.

Feel free to ask more questions but u'll get a reply after I'm done with my laundry.. Thanks

which market can the onions be get ?can you link me up to buyers?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
hahn:

Good morning madam,

I've been trying to reach your number but it was switched off both times.

Please, what assistance can you offer for someone like me who is also ready to start with as little as 10k? What's the potential profit margin and what role do I have to play to ensure that it works out. I reside in Sagamu Ogun state but getting to Ketu isn't a problem for me and I can make myself available to conclude the transaction @ Ketu

Thank you

Hello sir. I had no battery on my phone. Like I said, you can start with a bag of onions. If you are not the extravagant type, u will make it fast to 10 bags or more starting with a bag. All you need to do is to discuss with the market women that sells tomatoe\onions. Tell them you want to supply them onions or just tell them u have a bag of onions for sell. Before doing that dear, do your market survey. Find out the cost of a bag of onions in the major big markets in your location.
As for the profit margin, you have N2000 naira or more on a bag depending on the market or location.
Don't worry sir, all will work out fine for you.
Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
xynerise:
@Op. How do you deal with the perishable nature of the onions?

Hello sir. If you are starting the business, yours is to buy in bag and sell off within a week. Except if you wouldn't be selling the onions immediately. Then you will need to store the onions by spreading them in the sun for 2 to 3 days if they are fresh so as to dry up. After 2 to 3 days, peel of the back, of cos some will peel of itself. Then pack them into a well ventilated room. Spread them so that the air entering the room will serve as a preservation. That way your onions can last as long as 2month or more. Then the onions is called Old Onions because its dry and it cost more in the market.
Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by dewale2k: 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

Hello sir. If you are starting the business, yours is to buy in bag and sell off within a week. Except if you wouldn't be selling the onions immediately. Then you will need to store the onions by spreading them in the sun for 2 to 3 days if they are fresh so as to dry up. After 2 to 3 days, peel of the back, of cos some will peel of itself. Then pack them into a well ventilated room. Spread them so that the air entering the room will serve as a preservation. That way your onions can last as long as 2month or more. Then the onions is called Old Onions because its dry and it cost more in the market.
Thank you.
hw much is the current sack of onions?what is the selling price?did u have the idea which market in kaduna can i get onions at good rate?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
seanswitch:
Bros abeg take this thing to another thread joor.

LOL
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by sparkleboy(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
napolie:

I have a church member that might be interested but she resides in Osogbo. How can she get delivery? Osogbo is the capital of Osun
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
youmour:
OP u r a strong n resourceful woman,i pray i marry someone with ur attributes

Thank You Sir. May God grant you your heart desire.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by sparkleboy(m): 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

Hello sir. I had no battery on my phone. Like I said, you can start with a bag of onions. If you are not the extravagant type, u will make it fast to 10 bags or more starting with a bag. All you need to do is to discuss with the market women that sells tomatoe\onions. Tell them you want to supply them onions or just tell them u have a bag of onions for sell. Before doing that dear, do your market survey. Find out the cost of a bag of onions in the major big markets in your location.
As for the profit margin, you have N2000 naira or more on a bag depending on the market or location.
Don't worry sir, all will work out fine for you.
Thank you.

Hello ma, well done
Pls I have a church member who is presently jobless, though she's married but she might be interested. Can you supply her in Osogbo?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:

My God bless you and your family. We Nigerians are our problems. I'm surprised some people called you to make this information a money making avenue. What is wrong with our people I won't be surprised if people you enlighten starts selling this ideas in E books and whatever means. Thanks for your openminedness

You are welcome sir
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
2sexi:
this business has been on for decades... Onion business is very lucrative. I remember when my baby sister ignored her yellow paw pawish beautiful skin and got dirty to sell Onions along with cousin... They made lots of crazy cash in that december when other girls were demanding for hair money from their boyfriend, this was in 2006-2007. Opportunity of this world is like the food in a plate... it's left to you to put the food in your mouth or keep staring.

You've said it all sir. Nairalanders who visited me can tell it all. My skin is something else now. I don't even remember to wear a make up. I'm working hard like a slave now to live like a Queen tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:
can U advise a potential coper to invest His alawee in the food business or do I need to search for additional capital?

Sure why not? If I was aware then of this opportunity when I was serving, I know where I will be today. Where are you serving sir?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

Sure why not? If I was aware then of this opportunity when I was serving, I know where I will be today. Where are you serving sir?
I asked a question but you just ignored me and replied others.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
napolie:

Why do I find your post mischievous, are u an e-book seller?
Your mouth is yours and you are entitled to your opinion. For your in formation, the business in my signature keeps pouring money in and I am bad at saving. Figure out the rest for yourself.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
2sexi:
just watch... They will soon bounce on it without the woman's knowledge.... they are veiwing this thread as we speak.

I got an offer, somebody ready to produce an e-book for me. Just wondering, an e-book on how to buy and sell onions, pepper and so on. Isn't that ridiculous? I didnt use one so its left to those that want to buy their e-book. Please let everyone be informed that any e-book released into the e-market isn't from me.
Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
AlPicapcI:
i know God brought you my way, thanks for this information.

i have forwarded a mail to you, kindly reply. God bless you.

Thank you sir. I will definitely reply your mail sir.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 21, 2015
To those sending me pm, I'm sorry I can't get thru to them. Direct all questions here, If I'm not on ground to answer them, my oga(boss) catered4 will do more justice to it.

Thanks

She is online now, I'll let her take charge

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
BigBossMan:
Hello. I am interested. How do I get on board. Am in Benin city

Hello sir. Please do a market survey. Go round the major markets around you and find out the cost of a bag of whatever food item you intend going into sir. Get back to me so as to know the next phase sir.
Thank you.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Neldrizzy(m): 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
Certificate no be am..... Na trade/business be the main thing... !!! Nice business madam catered4... My uncle in Uromi (edo state) built a house and bought 2 cars and a lorry from this same Onions business.... He buys from kano and atimes kaduna and take to Uromi for sale...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by kolafas1: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
What an interesting businesses... But considering problem of boko haram how do you cope pls?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ahmed4002:

North is great place for business. but many find it's as a danger zone due to the insurgency.
that's awesome for dear.

do you know still you can get another stuff again from Lagos back to the North again. and you keep making your profit.
since you have stay here in North. Make your research again

I know sir. Like I said in one of my post that whenever my husband travel home, he usually buy plantain, palm oil, yam flour and garri to sokoto to sell. I sell them to the market women, return his capital and keep the profit. Also whenever I'm leaving lagos to sokoto, I do buy roasted panla fish (sorry I dont know what its called in english), I sell the fish immediately.
I will do more research as you have advised.
Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
AgapeCharis:
This is what I've been waiting for.

Sure to make more money this year! I'm sending you a pm asap!!

No problem sir.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
AlPicapcI:

Thanks madam, am highly overwhelmed. kindly reply mine.
@Albert C.

You are welcome sir. I will reply your mail sir.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by MrMandilas: 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
napolie:

thank u. I live in Lag. How much am i going to spend from lag to the market in kebbi. I asked for accommodation because i think it is going to take more than two days to finish the transaction.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Emmysteve(m): 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
How much do u spend in transporting ur onions. How much is the price of onion per bag?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
wisejoe:
Gd mrng cartered,really interested in ur stuff.I want to enter into dis line of biz,am in uyo,kindly advise and assist,wat capital do I need to start up wt?

Hello sir. The capital really depend on your budget. You can start with a bag of whatever food line of your choice sir.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by wildchild1: 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
Whats the total cost of bringing a bag of onion to lagos?
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
omenka:
@Catered4, you shouldave given the house an idea of the percentage profit to encourage some folks who might be interested in going into the business. Thanks and God bless the works of your hands more and more. smiley

Hello sir. I'm so sorry...
napolie has explained it all.
Thank you sir.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
Realdeals:
Most Hausa's are truthful than we southerners, if you do not try to play magomago with them

You are right sir.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
dustydee:
Catered4, Please how do you deal with those local government boys that stand on the road and stop trucks transporting goods to different parts of the country?

Hello sir. I dont have to handle all that. The driver and the conductor handle all that. Mine is to pay for the transportation and receive it in lagos.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
Freshtee:
Nice one ....I say a very big thank u for sharing this with us

You are welcome sir.
Re: A Nairalander Tales Of Her Onions Business by savanto: 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
Catered4:

Thank you sir.
Please wait for no one. Just DO IT! Trust me, your first trip might not turn out fine. There will be some mistakes but with the mistakes, you will be able to correct them and get prepared for the next. Whenever my husband travels home (ekiti), he usually buy plantain, yam flour, palm oil and garri to sell in sokoto.
Which part of the north do you intend trading? Also I really don't know much about the rail operation in kano but I know of a woman who uses the train whenever she coming to kano with her goods. I will help you find out.
Also anyone in the house who has idea of the train services in kano or lagos should be throw more light.
Thanks.

If you are in lagos, go to iddo terminal and ask to speak with the station manager. They load from there to Kano.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) / Anatomy Of An Entrepreneur / Ladi Delano: Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.