Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? (1980 Views)

What Is The One Thing You Regret Not Asking Your Spouse Before Marriage? / What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? / My Life Would Have Been Regrettable If I Didnt Marry My Wife --tejubabyface (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Achilies(m): 10:37am On Feb 18, 2015
As for me in July 1997.
My father collapse on July 3 1997 and was rushed to the hospital three days later he was discharged with instructions from the doctor to take thing easy.
I was supposed to be the one to take care of him during daytime. A responsibility I ignored. (I was too playful then)
On the 10th of that same month my father called me and asked me why am I not taking care of him as I should. Out of anger I murmured why don't he just die and let us be. I don't know if he heard me or not but that was the last time I spoke to my father three days later on the 13th he was rushed to the hospital after complaining of chest pain. I cried that night because somehow I knew that will be the last time I will see him alive. On the 20th July 1997 by 7pm my father died. I never got the opportunity to apologise to him whether he heard me spoke those words or not I never got the chance to apologise. Somehow I can't help but feel that those words broke the heart of my father and killed him.. this is the single most regrettable event in my life and it will be so till I leave this world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Craigston: 10:40am On Feb 18, 2015
I don't remember any. I would not want to spend my time on anything I regret. I know they're many, but let them rest. Carrying them with me will hurt only me. I understand you OP, but a careful dissection of your case may reveal you're not totally to blame. Maybe you're just a bit neurotic. A well-done therapy may prove your parents had a part in it too. Just let it go. Haven't you paid too much for it in your flesh? He was one man who didn't get the best of you. But think about the many who can benefit from the rich goodness abiding in you. I'm not trying to acquit you of your own fault: I'm only saying you should reconsider the real extent of your fault and how much you should pay for it; it may not be as much as you're paying. I wish you goodluck.
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 18, 2015
op your experience is heartbreaking
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by freecocoa(f): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2015
Wtf? Kai! I don't mean to judge but dude how old were you when you said this? This is just really heartbreaking.

@Topic, I don't think there's anything I've done or said that had an impact to the point I still regret it.
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 18, 2015
Omg!!
@topic, the only thing i regret saying was calling an elderly neighbour a fool he called me a fool first sha. I later apologised to him
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Achilies(m): 12:46pm On Feb 18, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
freecocoa:
Wtf? Kai! I don't mean to judge but dude how old were you when you said this? This is just really heartbreaking.

@Topic, I don't think there's anything I've done or said that had an impact to the point I still regret it.

I was 14 years then.
Sadness as been my companion since then till date.
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Achilies(m): 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
prettydiva89:
op your experience is heartbreaking

it's more than that.
My soul has been tormented by such action of my that death seems to be the only cancellation from this nightmare I brought up on myself
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Lumpyy(f): 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#006600][/color]

it's more than that.
My soul has been tormented by such action of my that death seems to be the only cancellation from this nightmare I brought up on myself
Please forgive yourself,if it was not your dad's time to leave,he would not have died!
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Achilies(m): 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Lumpyy:

Please forgive yourself,if it was not your dad's time to leave,he would not have died!

I have been trying to forgive myself of that act in the past 18 years
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by natureblack(m): 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
I was 6 years old and my 11 months old cousin had just learned to walk.He was a very vocal baby ,had a really high pitched voice and was toddle-running around squealing.I guess he was getting on my nerves.
Impulsively,I stuck out my leg and tripped him up.He landed flat on his face on the tiled floor(he was ok after a lot of crying).

Even as I was doing it I regretted it,not sure what got into me.

A girl who had a crush on me in highschool asked me out to dinner.I said no,and my only excuse was I didn't really want to go out that night.She felt disappointed and embarrassed.A month later she had an auto-accident and died shortly after.I still feel terrible...
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Wendy80(f): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2015
OP
U need to 4give ur self and move on cos u can't turn back d hands of time.

I have a lot of things I should have done differently, won't say I regret cos I'm still work in progress becoming a better me everyday.
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by amokeme(f): 4:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#006600][/color]

I was 14 years then.
pray for Gods peace and forgive yourself.. You ll be fine
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#006600][/color]

it's more than that.
of course,you be like if you had taken care of him,maybe he wouldn't have died
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by freecocoa(f): 8:48pm On Feb 18, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#006600][/color]

I was 14 years then.
Well, what's done is done, there's no need to keep living in regret.

I know it's hard but you really need to forgive yourself, you can take it upon yourself to take good care of the sick around you, it wouldn't change what happened but atleast it will help you feel better, helping someone in need comes with some sort of fulfillment(I believe), don't be too hard on yourself, you'll be alright dear.
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by channelz: 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
-
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by chucky234(m): 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2015
freecocoa:

Hmmm
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Achilies(m): 8:08am On Feb 19, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
prettydiva89:

of course,you be like if you had taken care of him,maybe he wouldn't have died

Something like that
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by 5minsmadness: 8:58am On Feb 19, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#006600][/color]

Something like that
You made me call my dad yesterday.
Thanks.
Though i still think he's an a**.
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by idu1(m): 11:35am On Feb 19, 2015
channelz:

The gas cooker was on and cooking in progress.
I observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect killer and sprayed
and u got yourself burned?
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by channelz: 11:55am On Feb 19, 2015
idu1:
and u got yourself burned?
grin

This reminds me of how scriptures are manipulated for selfish goals.
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2015
Achilles,can u still remember where he was buried?
Go there and ask him to forgive u.
It will help u psychologically.
Bare ur heart there and u will be free.
I so much feel for u.
It is well.
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#006600][/color]

Something like that
All the same, since you realised your mistake,ask for forgiveness and sacrifice your time and resources to helping others.
Take care of everyone else. Take it that God said its time for him to return home. Think he is with God smiling happily. Hope you will be happy he's with God?
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Achilies(m): 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
5minsmadness:

You made me call my dad yesterday.
Thanks.
Though i still think he's an a**.

Pls learn from my mistake.
Don't do or say anything you might regret in the future.
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Achilies(m): 7:57pm On Feb 19, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
prettydiva89:

All the same, since you realised your mistake,ask for forgiveness and sacrifice your time and resources to helping others.
Take care of everyone else. Take it that God said its time for him to return home. Think he is with God smiling happily. Hope you will be happy he's with God?

Thanks dear.
Pretty with brain
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
Achilies:
[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks dear.
Pretty with brain
lol
Re: What Is The Most Regrettable Thing You Have Ever Done Or Say? by Achilies(m): 8:22am On Feb 20, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Craigston:
I don't remember any. I would not want to spend my time on anything I regret. I know they're many, but let them rest. Carrying them with me will hurt only me. I understand you OP, but a careful dissection of your case may reveal you're not totally to blame. Maybe you're just a bit neurotic. A well-done therapy may prove your parents had a part in it too. Just let it go. Haven't you paid too much for it in your flesh? He was one man who didn't get the best of you. But think about the many who can benefit from the rich goodness abiding in you. I'm not trying to acquit you of your own fault: I'm only saying you should reconsider the real extent of your fault and how much you should pay for it; it may not be as much as you're paying. I wish you goodluck.

Thanks a lot.
I really do appreciate

(1) (Reply)

6 Surefire Ways To Handle A Cheating Husband / Remember The Mcghee Sextuplets? They Are Grown / His 20 Year Old Sister Flirts Around And Has Become Promiscuous And Now Just Abo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.