Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Experience : Driving In The Rain - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Experience : Driving In The Rain (1531 Views)

Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain / 10 Safety Tips When Driving In The Rain / How To Drive In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience : Driving In The Rain by kentozybee(m): 6:33pm On Feb 18, 2015
The raining season is here guys, can you share your experience driving in the rain, good or bad? . I love driving in the rain especially when it's drizzling when the rain is over. I would close the windows and listen to the sound of the engine of car and how the tyres on the vehicles splash the water on the road, it's a lovely experience with some good music blasting from the stereo speakers.
Re: Experience : Driving In The Rain by buchi4action(m): 4:50am On Feb 19, 2015
cool
Re: Experience : Driving In The Rain by kentozybee(m): 7:21am On Feb 19, 2015
buchi4action:
cool
Space Booker Oshi
Re: Experience : Driving In The Rain by nurey(m): 8:43am On Feb 19, 2015
I don't like driving in the rain especially in areas I am not familiar with the road cause the rain would cover potholes and you know what could happen, also rain drastically reduces visibility.

The only advantage to my car is the rain helps me wash the car so when the rain stops, I just wipe the car with cloth, the car starts shining and I am good to go.

1 Like

Re: Experience : Driving In The Rain by kentozybee(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2015
nurey:
I don't like driving in the rain especially in areas I am not familiar with the road cause the rain would cover potholes and you know what could happen, also rain drastically reduces visibility.

The only advantage to my car is the rain helps me wash the car so when the rain stops, I just wipe the car with cloth, the car starts shining and I am good to go.
U Get Point
Re: Experience : Driving In The Rain by davo3286: 12:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
Driving in the rain (especially a downpour) is not a good idea. But sometimes one can't help but drive in the rain most especially when you get caught up in it. There was a time I drove into a puddle and I almost lost control of my vehicle. You know, water acts like lubricant (friction/traction killer) between the road and your car tires. To drive comfortably and safely you have to be able to see clearly through your windshield, rear and side windows. This is where your windshield wiper and HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning) system come into play.

1. Replace your wiper (if bad) with OEM part.

2. Your HVAC system has to be in top shape (fix it if need be). Set it up appropriately to ensure your windshield and windows are not fogged which causes a blurred vision (like exhaling on a mirror or glass). This is how I do it on my car (2010 Accord) with auto climate control. I just click the FRONT and REAR buttons on my dash and the settings take effect automatically, then I manually adjust the heater to a comfortable level (say 85 degF or higher) depending on the weather condition and I'm good to go. On some other makes/models without auto climate control. Switch on your AC, switch OFF recirculation (that is, switch ON ventilation), adjust your fan to max, adjust your heater to a comfortable level. If you do all these your windshield and windows will not be blurred.

3. Turn ON your headlights (if your car didn't come with DRL - [b]D[/b]ay time [b]R[/b]unning [b]L[/b]ight) and DIP them.

4. Do not drive speedily into a pool or puddle as this may make you loose control of your vehicle. Do not drive above 100km/hr on highway during rain. I drive between 60 - 100km/hr depending on the condition.

5. Use your initiative. Your friends and family love you.

3 Likes

Re: Experience : Driving In The Rain by clemz85(m): 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
if you are a speedmaniac you wouldn't like it,
it denies me d pleasure of calling out my engine,

I have to go all the way caution
Re: Experience : Driving In The Rain by Folajay22(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
I only like driving in the rain because all those uniformed men..whatever colour combo they wear..are never on the road then..

1 Like

Re: Experience : Driving In The Rain by chucky234(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2015
Folajay22:
I only like driving in the rain because all those uniformed men..whatever colour combo they wear..are never on the road then..
Badt guy, G will be like when is this rain going to fall again na

(1) (Reply)

Help, Nissan Almera / 2017 Lexus LC 500. / What Causes A Windshield To Crack?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.