Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? (38161 Views)

I Just Saw CONDOM In My Husband's Wallet, Am I Suppose To Just Overlook It? / Timetable For Sex For Married Couples, Good Or Not? / He Found A Condom In His Mum's Bag..what Should He Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by Xaintkelvin(m): 5:48am On Feb 22, 2015
Chukzcolin:
I need a sex mate..am still a vergin..and its killing me inside..
then you have family problem. or you be disable .sorry if he vex you I'm talking from experience. or should I call you attention seekers
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by ukandi1(m): 6:01am On Feb 22, 2015
justmag:

only when u feel someone ain't loyal. If not, then why would u? There is birth control and more.

like which one that is effective enuf not to trouble d woman?
This is almost tearing my friend's home. They have a 2yrs old but cannot go for another now, yet his wife wants it without condom and he is not cool wit d idea of any mistake now.
Sometimes he feel he is denying her of nourishment that is due to her in dis regard so which other alternative and how safe? Pls share d idea if u know.
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by Saucekide25(m): 6:03am On Feb 22, 2015
Get Amazing Discounts and Swift Delivery when you order items on JUMIA.COM [Pay on Delivery]...To place your orders Call or Whatsapp (08122204769)or e-mail me via (Eonuegbu1@gmail.com).[/quote]
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by drkay9: 6:07am On Feb 22, 2015

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by Charbless(m): 6:15am On Feb 22, 2015
I've actually seen my dad wit one. Didn't ask Y! Cos I knew it'll surely be for birth control

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by Nobody: 6:28am On Feb 22, 2015
oluking:

your lack of experience speaks .

hmm, just curious, could you elaborate?
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by phiszo(m): 6:30am On Feb 22, 2015
ifysimple:
In the Catholic Church, it is a sin to use condom and withdrawal method.

They taught us that in marriage course. Once you re ready to marry and attend marriage course, you shall be taught natural way of family planning which is billings method.
must you swallow everything your church throws at you? gullible fellow.

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by ChynoBEATS: 6:33am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
Ive been so doubtful if using condom during sex in marriage is cool or not or is a sin against the bible...pls is dis rilly making sense..

Like Use of condom as a pregnancy preventive measure, when they are not ready for kids.

Matured comments and responds

Dude stop being childish , wearing a condom when you wonna dig yo Wifey prevents you both from bringing tons of kids to this world when you aren't ready to raise Em

So its not a sin to me because its for birth control & family planing

U wan turn to ma Mum junior bro wey no get work n him don born 6 already
N if nobi say 2die he 4-get 8 children now

Latter na all of them go go add join their aunty or uncle family because them parents no fit care for them

Guy Use condom O

Weda na ur wife or Landlady wink

2 Likes

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by ChynoBEATS: 6:36am On Feb 22, 2015
bamog:
grin at last!! 1st to comment!! Abeg wu get garri?? Up chelsea!! Bleep david luiz!! ASUU don call off strike!! Api new year!! Odun lo n sopin ooo baba rere!!!

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by ChynoBEATS: 6:39am On Feb 22, 2015
ifysimple:
In the Catholic Church, it is a sin to use condom and withdrawal method.

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

MxcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEw

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by ankh1600: 6:39am On Feb 22, 2015
Use femdom for comfort, condoms are for people who sleep around and are not safe from all STDs.
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by ChynoBEATS: 6:41am On Feb 22, 2015
ankh1600:
Use femdom for comfort, condoms are for people who sleep around and are not safe from all STDs.

Yeah FEMcap is better
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by hippyzuki(f): 6:42am On Feb 22, 2015
SuperModerator:

If it is a sin for married people to use it, which people are then meant to use it, unmarried ones
angry grin grin. Good question. Unmarried ones??

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by Mega72(m): 6:52am On Feb 22, 2015
It's not bad buh u have to agree with ur partner on when to use it.
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by sekzy99(m): 7:05am On Feb 22, 2015
justmag:

I know my ex used them and she was skinny thick as the day I met her. So i don't know about all that weight gain side effect!!
Examples of such pills
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by flowales(m): 7:09am On Feb 22, 2015
Using condom is not a bad idea. But the only problem I see here is that it gives the husband a leverage on seeing another girl outside . Because whenever the wife sees him with a condom, he can easily defend himself. Gbam. So family planning is the key.
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by unamama(m): 7:16am On Feb 22, 2015
Daninya11:
To be honest with you op, the issue of birth control - use of contraceptives, condom and withdrawal is a major concern in the Christiandom..
The Roman Catholic are at the pivot of the matter but the debate still rages on with the pentecostal and evangelical with divergent view..
Sex is for procreation and intimacy (soul tie). Some scholars point to the fact that because God slayed Onan because he spilled his seed on the ground (withdrawal method) any form of birth control is wrong..
I know of a MOG who told me that before he got married, He told God that he wanted 3 children - 2 boys and a girl.. God answer his prayers oo, the man in question is almost 90 years.. Do you expect such a man to use birth control method when he has a God that answer prayer?
I will rather opine that, a man should ask God for counsel, pray and then act accordingly.
Next to God's word, there is no more precious treasure than holy matrimony..
Enjoy your marital life according to God's will

Why Did God Slay Onan (Genesis
38:3-10)?
The story of Onan, son of Judah, occurs in Genesis
38:3-10: "So [Shua, the wife of Judah] conceived and
bore a son, and [Judah] called his name Er. She
conceived again and bore a son, and she called his
name Onan. . . . Then Judah took a wife for Er his
firstborn, and her name was Tamar. But Er, Judah's
firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the
LORD killed him. And Judah said to Onan, "Go in to
your brother's wife and marry her, and raise up an heir
to your brother." But Onan knew that the heir would not
be his; and it came to pass, when he went in to his
brother's wife, that he emitted on the ground, lest he
should give an heir to his brother. And the thing which
he did displeased the LORD; therefore He killed him
also."
God slew Onan because the man contemptuously
refused to fulfill his familial responsibility under the Old
Covenant. This particular practice is called levirate
marriage, in which a dead man's closest unmarried
male relation (usually a younger brother, as in this case)
married the widow to produce an heir for the dead man.
This duty is spelled out in Deuteronomy 25:5-10 to
preserve tribal inheritance rights (verse 6). Another,
happier circumstance of levirate marriage is recorded in
the book of Ruth, an event that eventually produced
Israel's greatest king, David ( Ruth 4:17 ).
Of course, this ancient national statute is no longer
applicable today.
Catholic doctrine uses Onan's story to prohibit the use
of birth control. However, this is specious reasoning,
based on an ancient and flawed notion that sexual
relations between a man and his wife are only for the
purpose of producing children. God's anger against
Onan had everything to do with his failure to fulfill his
covenantal obligation, and nothing to do with his
method of birth control. Scripture does not directly
contemplate the use of birth control, and thus it is a
matter of personal preference within what God has
revealed as proper Christian living. We can be guided by
the principles of personal responsibility—stewardship of
one's resources to provide for children ( I Timothy 5:8 )—
and love toward one's mate ( Ephesians 5:22-33 ).
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by UncleJudax(m): 7:18am On Feb 22, 2015
Chukzcolin:
I need a sex mate..am still a vergin..and its killing me inside..
Dumbass beech. grin

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by raziboi(m): 7:21am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
Ive been so doubtful if using condom during sex in marriage is cool or not or is a sin against the bible...pls is dis rilly making sense..

Like Use of condom as a pregnancy preventive measure, when they are not ready for kids.

mehn ..u shouldn't b spoiling ma name....Daniel michael
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by danielmichael(m): 7:36am On Feb 22, 2015
raziboi:

mehn ..u shouldn't b spoiling ma name....Daniel michael
Lols
Do i knw yu
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by UncleJudax(m): 7:37am On Feb 22, 2015
ankh1600:
So, according to you, if I were to use a condom on my partner, the message is that we don't trust each other?
That's just myopic.
Fyi, STDs are not the only consequences of unprotected sex.

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by penzino(m): 7:38am On Feb 22, 2015
bamog:
grin at last!! 1st to comment!! Abeg wu get garri?? Up chelsea!! Bleep david luiz!! ASUU don call off strike!! Api new year!! Odun lo n sopin ooo baba rere!!!
na internet explorer you dey use?

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by CHIAAGRO: 8:29am On Feb 22, 2015
USE OF CONDOM AND WITHDRAWAL IN MARRIAGE IF MUTUALLY AGREED BETWEEN THE PARTNERS IS NOT A SIN! MIND YOU ONAISM(withdrawal by Onan) WAS AN EVIL AGAINST GOD'S DIRECTIVE AND THE PARTNER WAS CHEATED. BUT COUPLES THAT ARE CONTROLLING THEIR BIRTH RATE SO AS TO ENHANCE PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY ARE RATHER DOING GOD'S WILL! e.g we had two kids after our NCE,no job and I went into university,money from business as of then was able to pay school fees for us and keep the family alive,we decided to control untill my graduation and more financial strength! GOD IS VERY HAPPY WITH US BECAUSE WE ARE IN GREAT LOVE AND TRUST AS A FAMILY. SO IT DEPENDS ON THE PURPOSE AND CONDITION FOR WHICH CONDOM IS USED!
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by raziboi(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:

Lols
Do i knw yu

no but ur ma name sake.......
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by ukandi1(m): 8:50am On Feb 22, 2015
phiszo:

must you swallow everything your church throws at you? gullible fellow.

ur Question was okay, but conclusion too harsh. I bet u can be nicer than that.
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by Octaves(m): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2015
In my opinion i think withdrawal method and condom use is ok for birth control if mutually agreed on. The church thinks differently. I think God kille Onan because of his wicked and selfish intention, not for splitting his seed on the ground per se.

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by Vivipop(f): 9:11am On Feb 22, 2015
IVORY2009:

in otherwords, if your husband tells you he wants 15 children frm you, wat would you say? There is nothing bad about it?
Please don't misunderstand me. There is nothing bad if a couple chooses to use condom,whether it's for birth conytrol or for fun. I read that some churches are against it, Churches need not to interfere in their bedroom business. Married couples can indulge in any form of family planning so long as the two consents to it.I believe i've made myself clear.

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by akokhia: 9:50am On Feb 22, 2015
It is not a sin as long as both agree on using it.
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by justmag(m): 10:09am On Feb 22, 2015
sekzy99:

Examples of such pills

wish I could give an example but that wwould mean calling up my ex and be like

"Hey! I know we haven't talked in years but I am just trying to figure out the name of the birth control pill you use!"

awkward 101!!
Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by Fourwinds: 10:16am On Feb 22, 2015
justmag:

only when u feel someone ain't loyal. If not, then why would u? There is birth control and more.
condom remains d best contraceptives. Other methods will put d woman at disadvantage. Meet a doctor who can open up. But when prescribing contraceptives tablets, coil etc dey just want to satisfy d need of d couples especially d man while d woman suffers d side effect

1 Like

Re: Using Condom In Marriage:good Or Bad? by frankkad(m): 10:31am On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:

If I may ask, are you Married?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Thanks His Wife For Putting His Name Under Her Father's House (Pix) / Sex Scandal: Housewife Threatens To Drag Christ Embassy, Pastor To Court (pics) / Nigerian U.S. Marines Officer Returns Home After 6 Years To Surprise His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.