Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case (725 Views)

Rickey Tarfa, Arraigned; Floods Court With 90 Sans / Lawyers Take Buhari To International Criminal Court Over Pro-biafra Agitation / 17 Senior Advocates Of Nigeria (SANs) Named (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2009
Now this is what we're talking about smiley smiley, fight this case to the logical end. Remember Ugowe and Alozie who fought their dismisal all the way to the Supreme Court. The people support you.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/25636/41/
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2009
Men of the west once again standing up for freedom!!!

The rest of the nation have a duty to the next generation to stand along with them
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by chidichris(m): 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2009
just 12 sans and 70 lawyers in such a big country like nigeria and her population.
this is a shame. what happens to the rest of lawyers and sans in nigeria?
with this numbers, it means those against ribadu are more than those with him.
if i may ask, where were these 12 sans and 70 lawyers when ribadu could only probe the abachas leaving all the other past presidents of nigeria?
where have all these lawyers and sans been in the whole of eight years that non of the federal contractors was asked why he collected money and let the contract be like that? where have all these sans and lawyers been since people die in chains on road misharps on roads that fg have paid out funds on them? are we praising these men in the sense that this is the first something is going wrong in their judgement?
where were these sans and lawyers when our electorial mandates were thrown in the bush by a single man - obj? if these lawyers are human right activists, where were they when two villages were wiped out? if they are serious human beings, why didn't they care about the ruthless killing of the chief law officer of nigeria - bola ige? are we celebrating these moves by 12 sans and 70 lawyers on the basis that an individual's (ribadu) interest is more important than national intersts?
the real fact here is that corruption has so much eaten into nigeria that even the so called sans are not different from everyother corrupt nigerian.
by the way, if a proffessor in the name of maurise iwu could mess us up in the april polls, who among the learned class are we going to trust?
these lawyers who were silent when okonjo iweala was skillfully kicked out of the way by obj.
in a very bol letter, i will say,
THESE LAWYERS ARE PAID LABOURERS AND THEY DO NOT REPRESENT THE INTEREST OF NIGERIA OR NIGERIANS
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2009
Fool

Is it you who paid them? - These men are offering their services for free

Ribadu does not need 70 lawyers to defend his case. That this number of lawyers are offering their services for free speak volume.

This fool does not even understand that Okonjo Iweala was only moved from one cabinet to another before she resigned. While that was a scheme to alienate her, it was still legal.

Hello wake up fool!!! These lawyers are not contesting his removal as EFCC chairman, they are contesting his demotion and dismissal from police.
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by holyeye(m): 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2009
This is my view:

Ribadu and Al Mustapha share a lot in common.
1) Both served under authoritarians, tyrants and dictators (a military HOS and a retired military HOS)
2) Both reported directly to the Heads boycotting all protocols and due process
3) Both carried out the manuscript and orders of their Ogas to the last letter either good or bad.
4) Both supported their ogas intent to rule forever
5) Both were young and wielded more power than their age and prior position (got intoxicated)
6) Both are presently being persecuted (one incarcerated for a long while nw as reprisal for treating Ribadu's oga (obj) with disrespect and the other indirectly supposedly victimised for treating his former ogas (Tafa nd co) with disrespect)

Question:
Why are all the SAN's and lawyers not after supporting Al Mustapha?
Answer: Because Mustapha's case involved life and death abi? But to be candid, the indirect deaths caused by Fani Kayode and Aborishade's conscious dearth of the Aviation industry due to corruption during their era can never be matched in this country (God forbid).
Why didnt Ribadu persecute them? Thus he is an accomplice in perpetrating those evils.
No sacred goat.

I implore every legal luminaire to look closely at the facts for and against Ribadu before jumping on his ship. I can bet that the man Ribadu has more skeletons that will soon begin to surface. That aint for me to prove. Left for the court of law.
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by Muza(m): 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2009
Publicity stunt kawai! grin
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2009
mallam nuhu ribadu is 47

the current elected president of the free world is 47

So what does wielding power bigger than your age mean

Nigerians need to grow up
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by chidichris(m): 2:08pm On Jan 07, 2009
This is my view:

Ribadu and Al Mustapha share a lot in common.
1) Both served under authoritarians, tyrants and dictators (a military HOS and a retired military HOS)
2) Both reported directly to the Heads boycotting all protocols and due process
3) Both carried out the manuscript and orders of their Ogas to the last letter either good or bad.
4) Both supported their ogas intent to rule forever
5) Both were young and wielded more power than their age and prior position (got intoxicated)
6) Both are presently being persecuted (one incarcerated for a long while nw as reprisal for treating Ribadu's oga (obj) with disrespect and the other indirectly supposedly victimised for treating his former ogas (Tafa nd co) with disrespect)

Question:
Why are all the SAN's and lawyers not after supporting Al Mustapha?
Answer: Because Mustapha's case involved life and death abi? But to be candid, the indirect deaths caused by Fani Kayode and Aborishade's conscious dearth of the Aviation industry due to corruption during their era can never be matched in this country (God forbid).
Why didnt Ribadu persecute them? Thus he is an accomplice in perpetrating those evils.
No sacred goat.

I implore every legal luminaire to look closely at the facts for and against Ribadu before jumping on his ship. I can bet that the man Ribadu has more skeletons that will soon begin to surface. That aint for me to prove. Left for the court of law.

Holyeye,
blessed be this day that i read a straight though a bitter truth. these 12 sans and 70 lawyers are out to get their fair shares of what ribadu got. these sans and lawyers should have known that mustapha was a military man who swore an oat to be loyal to his superiors and that was what he did in carrying out the orders of abacha so he does deserve all that obj did to him especially when obj too was a military man.
the corruption witnessed in the eight years of obj is not comparable to any regime in nigeria be in military or civilian.
the killings alone which involved the absolute wiping out of to villages, the agf - bola ige, and other politically motivated killings by thugs like adedibu and chris uba, the deaths through plan crashes which fani kayode said was a result of cultist activities and a whole lot of others.
the God of the poor masses must visit obj and ribadu among other colleagues of theirs.
if the appointed time for reward is here, i tell u, 50 million sans and lawyers will not save any of them.
look at the sufferings of the poor masses in a land blessed with a lot of mineral resources. look at the oil boom through which obj ruled as a president and oil minister yet nothing tangible to show for it.
may the sufferings of nigerians through the hands of obj and his colleagues in the last regime be the portion of those who support evil in nigeria.
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by spikedcylinder: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2009
If they like they should hire 200 SANS, "some people" already know how that is going to end. undecided
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by holyeye(m): 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2009
mikeansy:

mallam nuhu ribadu is 47

the current elected president of the free world is 47

So what does wielding power bigger than your age mean

Nigerians need to grow up

Sincerely i do not doubt the fact that nigerians that tink lyk me need to grow up.
Still learning to ensure i get the right path, direction and contribute my own quota to the development of this country.
I posted 5 similarities and at least you contested one. Shows my myopic view got some reasoning.
Nevertheless, your response is off point.
When i say they wielded more power than their age and prior position, it literary means that a constable cannot and should not act like a commissioner. A major in the army definitely differs in age and rank to a major general in the same army. Commonsense should tell that by the nature of such discipline and profession only time will tell before such a person falls flat.
Is it not obvious that Ribadu's promotion (twice in four months) which is the basis for all the trouble is a corrupt practice in itself? Is it not glaring that it is a reward for overdoing the duties as designed by his master? Who was he representing? Never was he representing the masses but his dreamland adventure and desire to seat at the helms of power with less work.
If we were talking of his viability to contest for presidency then a comparison arises between him and the great Barack Obama. But dont forget that Obama wouldn't have been where he is today if his political growth was on the tutelage of a tyrant like Obasanjo.
Obasanjo created the platform for the worries and headaches Ribadu is suffering today. I will never forget the vices and antics displayed and employed by PDP to manipulate the last elections. They expected the mumu lookin Umaru to be a fool, but he has outsmarted the Obj camp lyk a man that forgot his source. I wont be surprised if OBJ is next.
This is a case of a house upturned on itself. Confusion has set in. They must all suffer.
It is more honourable for the SANs to spend tym evaluating and defending the cases and plights of innocent citizens of this country incarcerated for no just cause instead of wasting tym on someone who was part of the looting of this country under the guise of EFCC.

@ Chidichris,
No long tin. Dem all go pay
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by Muza(m): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2009
the SANs just want to soil their names.
Re: 12 Sans, 70 Lawyers Take Up Ribadu's Case by chidichris(m): 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2009
look at ghana, oposition winning election. they are no longer talking about electricity.
look at april polls, how many of the winners have been confirmed loosers by our courts. it is obvious that all were fraudulently won and lost including the presidency. how do we compare the judges who ruled in favour of yar adua in the april poll case to these few sans and lawyers who are working with ribadu.
if they are original sans, they shld have told ribadu that nigerian constitution says that an accused is innocent until proven otherwise instead of ribadu changing the system to accused been guilty until they prove otherwise.
for that guy mikeansy, he simply has nothing to offer so stop explaining issues to him.

the idea or reason for anti corruptions commission like efcc is surposed to be to eliminate or possibly reduce corruption in a society like ours but events in the eight years of obj showed the highest level of corruption in the history of nigeria till date. if efcc is here to multiply corruption, then the best thing will be to scrap it off.

i saw ribadu as another mustapha earlier in his days as efcc chairman but most people on nairaland then called for my head but today more are begining to see the same man manifesting himself.

if i become the president of nigeria today, i will bring ribadu back to efcc for him to go back to places he jumped. i will make him to do work that he claimed to have done. all past presidents, federal officials and past govs and state house members.
i will make him understand that the days of sacred cows are gone. i will turn him against the gurriella that brought him onboard.

(1) (Reply)

Chevron Scholarship / Let’s Have 48 States / Lucky Dube Mistaken For A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.