Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Illegal Immigrants Caught With Pvcs In Lagos State (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illegal Immigrants Caught With Pvcs In Lagos State (pics) (897 Views)

Photo:Chukwuemeka Ujam Caught With PVCs On March, Got INEC Certificate Of Return / PDP Chieftain Found With 500 Pvcs In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illegal Immigrants Caught With Pvcs In Lagos State (pics) by xtrix: 8:22am On Feb 19, 2015
The culprits, according to the state Comptroller of Immigration, Mrs Justina Ahmadu, would be repatriated to their various countries with immediate effect.

New Telegraph reports that the arrest and recovery of the cards by immigration officers occurred as many Nigerians are insisting that they were yet to get their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs).

In their confession, the arrested foreigners said they pretended to be Nigerians from the North to get the cards.

One of the suspects simply identified as Mohammed, said, “I have been in Lagos for close to four years.

I came into the country in a truck conveying cows. My job in Nigeria is to supply water to the residents who do not have access to boreholes.

“Many of us have temporary voter cards. We posed as northerners because our names sound like theirs. Some of our friends said we should get the cards, that we could be given money during elections.

“We were unable to get our PVCs because we were afraid to visit the designated points due to regular visits of Immigration officers there.”

While issuing a note of warning to all foreigners residing in Lagos to desist from interfering in the general elections, Ahmadu enjoined Nigerians to endure they give timely information about any suspicious movement by foreigners.

She said, “I appeal to those employing them, to ensure they have their valid travel document the moment they employ them.

“They should make sure they procure their resident cards for them in order to qualify them to stay legally in the country.

“All foreigners residing in Lagos should also know that the forthcoming election is Nigerians’ affair and as such, they should not meddle into it.”

Source
http://www.safecozzy.com/news/illegal-immigrants-caught-with-pvcs-in-lagos-state-pics/

Re: Illegal Immigrants Caught With Pvcs In Lagos State (pics) by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 19, 2015
What strategy has pdp not applied in attempt to rig this election
But the gods ar with buhari
They will all be exposed including boko haram aka goodluck Johnathan

1 Like

Re: Illegal Immigrants Caught With Pvcs In Lagos State (pics) by Omexonomy: 8:43am On Feb 19, 2015
Durring the collection of PVC i saw people coming all the way from gahna chad niger and mali comming to collect PVC claiming they are from kano yet they do not know how to speak awusa. If the authority are listining they should come to alaba international down to badagry to call this people to order.
Re: Illegal Immigrants Caught With Pvcs In Lagos State (pics) by mrofficial(m): 9:24am On Feb 19, 2015
They should find out who the people pioneering this move are. Even tho it's obvious that PDP is responsible, the people pioneering should be picked and locked up.
Re: Illegal Immigrants Caught With Pvcs In Lagos State (pics) by dealslip(f): 9:39am On Feb 19, 2015
This is shocking! This is the perfect story for PDP and APC to start their propaganda and blackmail of each other. In all I know the election will take place and a new leader will be elected or the incumbent will remain. Either way, we Nigerians should try as much as possible to keep ourselves safe during the election. Do not join the politicians in their war to get to power at all cost. This is an excerpt of my message that the mods deleted in another thread. It seems someone doesn't like the message in bold. I am posting on several links to get the attention of Nigerians to keep themselves safe. MODS I have not preached hate or violence but security consciousness please do not delete again

Before you join them in heating up the polity ensure you get a guarantee from them that they, their children, wives, friends who have benefited from them would be the first line of defense while we follow from a distance. If they are so passionate about this democracy and want to show their full commitment then they must lead by example starting from the battle field not the pages of newspaper, raising alarm to blackmail each other while riding on our own sentiments to cause tension and confusion. Since they love us so much then they must show it first by leading any protest that may occur as a result of any anomalies from the forthcoming election.

Jonathan might join APC tomorrow and he would be welcomed with pomp and pageantry and his in actions excused. Do not lose sleep or your life over them, they are only doing their jobs of lies, division, hatred and propaganda. Remember 3 million people died in the Civil war, there are no monuments to even recognise or appreciate the blood they sacrificed for Nigeria which unfortunately is still a country not a nation. The seams joining us are bursting at the hems due to the magnanimity and genourosity of our politician when preaching division and hate. Please protect your life. Do not promote or encourage violence, Nigerians will suffer most.
Re: Illegal Immigrants Caught With Pvcs In Lagos State (pics) by EnigmAries(m): 9:48am On Feb 19, 2015
Na today? More than half of those you call Abokis are actually from Tchad and Niger.
But why strip them?
This bestial mentality has to stop.

(1) (Reply)

Change 2015: Only Nigerians Can Solve The Problem With Nigeria / Obasanjo’s Free Fall - Sun Newspaper / What Is Pdp Not Telling Us About Card Readers????(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.