Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? (15684 Views)

Technology Will Be Deployed To Fight Crime In Kogi State (photos) / Soldiers With Padlocked Mouths Deployed For Election @ Oshodi / How Can Sick Soldiers Be In Full Regalia In Hospital Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Capitano1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Those people are to mean 4 civilians lik us joor

Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by leftone: 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
yes pls...
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
no soldiers, no voting...APC touts want to have a free for all. They want bloodshed but God pass them..nonsense blood suckers. The blood of the slain youth corp members is still crying for vengeance
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Albishir: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
The whole thing is glaring that the APC have a negative motive other wise the soldiers are only comin to the polls to scare miscreants away and without which a reasonable number of concerned citizens of this great nation won't be comfortable comin out to vote. AS FOR THE MILITARY AT THE POLES, IT IS YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Etinosajay(m): 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
perculiarperson:
It

With this rubbish that you posted. I would say u hire plenty soldiers to follow you everywhere, since u need security. When people harass u, don't call police o, call soldiers. When robbers visit u, don't call police o, call d soldiers, u hear?
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Mckennedy: 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
soldiers, Very important to avoid thuggery and killings.
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by mankan2k7(m): 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2015
Yes
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Habeyy(m): 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
jorlons:
As a Honourable member of Nairaland house of parliament representing APC zones.

I've to say this decision ordinarily should be NO. As the primary functions of the NA does not include providing internal security during elections. Also recent involvements of the NA in partisan politics brings much fears to the heart of opposition parties as to how the army will conduct themselves @ each polling unit during the election.

At the same time the Police and other civil defence agencies are almost useless to the Nigerian society which leaves us with no other choice.

In light of these challenges, the assistance of the NA is required to fortify the security of the electorates. Afterall the Life of Nigerians is more important.

However, the number of military personnel deployed should be far lesser compared to other security agencies. The DHQ should be smart enough not to weaken our defence against BokoHaram.
oga....just say yes or no....werin be all these writeup ....mcthew
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Albishir: 2:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
A reasonable number of concerned citizens of this great nation won't even come out to vote if the military are not at the polls so I am for YES YES and YES!
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Habeyy(m): 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2015
a big YES for me

when will look at previous elections and other cases of social struggle in d country one will see that even d deployment of our military men will not totally eliminate violence...also the drum of war being beaten by politicians call for this
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Splashme: 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
[size=30pt]A big YES
No Military, No Voting
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by olaide721(m): 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2015
On a gOod day there is nothing we need army for but if we are to say again pple get more afraid with the presence of army @ any point in time not only polling boot alone but Now that Ekiti election was rigged by this same army and also attempt to do same in osun state then it calls for rethink this is my own suggestion: the army should be used @ the boundary of every state both entry and exit and the likes of armed civil defence,mobile police,navy should be used internally @ the polling unit u could see I don't mention Police all is just because most of them don't know anything when it comes to saving masses is not that they act on instruction but they are dummies from head to toe
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by ogiewanye(m): 2:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
YES......#NoSoldiersNoVote
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by caselessogbuagu: 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2015
Shubbylee:

Ehn!! oshey!! Mr RAMBO VAN DAMNE!!
grin
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by ochoi(m): 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2015
I think soldiers re needed 4 ds 2015 elections due 2 d tension in d air bt they shld be deployed 2 strategic areas in town nd nt d election venues.d fears. Of d APC is understndable cos of d role of d military nd d DSS of late in polittics whch shld be condemned by all because its bad 4 d nation.bt y do we fund d police if they can't leave of 2 their responsibilities of maintainin internal security ( security on election day inclusive)? Constitutionally providing sercurity on election day is dt of d police nd nt d army. I blv d police shld be allowed 2 carry out its functions
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by stevenoris: 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
IF I NO SEE SOLDIERS , I WILL NOT VOTE
NO LIFE IS WORTH LOOSING TO APC THUGS
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Kingspin(m): 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
The situation of Nigeria cum with the violent at the last election, Yes we need soldiers around the polling units but, not directly at the voting ground.
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Godiloveu(f): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
jorlons:
As a Honourable member of Nairaland house of parliament representing APC zones.

I've to say this decision ordinarily should be NO. As the primary functions of the NA does not include providing internal security during elections. Also recent involvements of the NA in partisan politics brings much fears to the heart of opposition parties as to how the army will conduct themselves @ each polling unit during the election.

At the same time the Police and other civil defence agencies are almost useless to the Nigerian society which leaves us with no other choice.

In light of these challenges, the assistance of the NA is required to fortify the security of the electorates. Afterall the Life of Nigerians is more important.

However, the number of military personnel deployed should be far lesser compared to other security agencies. The DHQ should be smart enough not to weaken our defence against BokoHaram.

Seconded!
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Edusouls(m): 3:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
since when were soldiers being deployed for election in nigeria? i sense danger in this plan my people, PDP have a hidden agenda... i see trouble...
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Soso990240(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2015
The people Afraid of military presence ar the people dat wants engage in election violence..Army go dey around.
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
Late to the party.

The fact that we have to ask the Army during time of war to perform internal security operations....where the Police would have sufficed....is in essence an exposure of the fact that our police force is not fit for purpose.

I think it is high time we had a National Conference on sorting out the Police once and for all. And I am not joking...or making fun. I am serious. If the Police cannot perform its duties well...and needs help from the army during troubled times.......then what do we have a police force for? For the ceremony of it?

1 Like

Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
Soso990240:
The people Afraid of military presence ar the people dat wants engage in election violence..Army go dey around.

It is not that those of us asking questions about the Army being deployed for elections have ulterior motives (which is possible).

The issue is why is our police so incompetent...that we need to take away soldiers who could be better employed in dealing with Boko Pigeons...to come and police elections.

I am sorry.....but this situation means our police force is in crisis. Time we fixed it.

And rigging will not stop with the Army being there. Rigging is a problem that extends far beyond who is running security for the country....and it has to do with the profitability of elective office.
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by jaykaylegend(m): 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
Its just like asking if the military should be deployed at jamb centres
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by ransomed: 3:21pm On Feb 20, 2015
The Judiciary has spoken through courts that military personnel should not be deployed for election purposes. Let all political parties and INEC obey the courts judgement.
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by tolustx(m): 3:27pm On Feb 20, 2015
queensmith:
Absolutely not. The constitution doesn't even allow it. Their focus should be problem areas. Which ideally should be excluded. If we're using the military to police what will we use the police for? Besides they have more important things to worry about.

Police and anti riot teams are more than enough. The police should also ideally have choppers for monitoring.
as much as what u jst said is correct, it only applies to ideal situations. Take note of d word "ideal". Nigeria as a country is however nothing close to being in an ideal state. So it is a Yes YEs YES for me!
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Louislewis: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
[size=16pt]The game plan of the APC, especially in this South West will be foiled by the presence of the military. We need military securities for the election.[/size]
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by barristerholy: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Anthony20:
If what we strive for is a society where things are done RIGHT. We can not be talking about SOLDIERS to police election. In Ghana, Niger and even Gunea and Cemeroon Soldiers were never invited for electoral purposes. Why Nigeria? The ruling party the PDP have perpetrated huge rape against INEC and the Nigeria populace. They have been using soldiers to rig elections. With the New Card readers soldiers will make little or no impact.
1. Ballot Snatching will be worthless
2. Attacking Poling centers to pick INEC staff will be worthless too
3. Writing FAKE result will make no IMPACT
So tell me what will the soldiers be there to do?
Scare Innocent voters?
I support APC call for No soldiers during election. Our fate has always being in our hands.
We provide
1. Water
2. Electricity
3. Security etc
For ourselves what make this different?
The military are constitutionally assigned to keep peace by defending our boarder in that they fave failed with BH issue so they should go there and fight BH and leave us alone. Nigeria is Great
kokotango:
Yes for safety of lives not war
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by queensmith: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
tolustx:
as much as what u jst said is correct, it only applies to ideal situations. Take note of d word "ideal". Nigeria as a country is however nothing close to being in an ideal state. So it is a Yes YEs YES for me!

it worries me - what is the purpose of a legislature when we make no moves to follow it.

The military can just be there to intimidate trouble makers (just standing around and doing absolutely nothing) - but they have no business policing the process - we've all heard how they were used to rig the elections in Ekiti, arresting people up and down and beating old men.

It's not right
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Dammyjohn(m): 3:38pm On Feb 20, 2015
See.From the look of things now,I don't think Police can do the work alone with the Boko Haram Problems.Let the militry be involved.
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by Soso990240(m): 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2015
Anthony20:
If what we strive for is a society where things are done RIGHT. We can not be talking about SOLDIERS to police election. In Ghana, Niger and even Gunea and Cemeroon Soldiers were never invited for electoral purposes. Why Nigeria? The ruling party the PDP have perpetrated huge rape against INEC and the Nigeria populace. They have been using soldiers to rig elections. With the New Card readers soldiers will make little or no impact.
1. Ballot Snatching will be worthless
2. Attacking Poling centers to pick INEC staff will be worthless too
3. Writing FAKE result will make no IMPACT
So tell me what will the soldiers be there to do?
Scare Innocent voters?
I support APC call for No soldiers during election. Our fate has always being in our hands.
We provide
1. Water
2. Electricity
3. Security etc
For ourselves what make this different?
The military are constitutionally assigned to keep peace by defending our boarder in that they fave failed with BH issue so they should go there and fight BH and leave us alone. Nigeria is Great
wat about election violence? Hav u ever voted wit a cardreader before? Hw did u come about d points u raised? I no go like hear say 50 were killed durin election.Maybe u go like experience before u agree.As for me,soldiers should be around to ensure d safety of both human and vote.Soldiers cnt tell u who to vote for.Unles some people hav some other plan.
Re: Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? by tolustx(m): 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
queensmith:

it worries me - what is the purpose of a legislature when we make no moves to follow it.

The military can just be there to intimidate trouble makers (just standing around and doing absolutely nothing) - but they have no business policing the process - we've all heard how they were used to rig the elections in Ekiti, arresting people up and down and beating old men.

It's not right
I still don't understand it wen pple say d presence of soldiers intimidate dem as voters. Soldiers were also @ Osun but we hear no noise dat they were used for rigging because APC won. 2 oda states held elections b4 Ekiti and soldiers were also used. APC won in both states and we heard no noise. Why is it d one dat PDP won dat now brought all dis noise and reference. Let's point to d word of d soldiers in d state elections dat APC won too and let's balance dis discussion.
Cheers
#LongLiveFederalRepublicOfNigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NLC Declares Nationwide Protest On January 8th 2019 / Masari: Buhari Has Not Failed, I Think He Has Tolerated Us / It’ll Be Disastrous If Tinubu Does Not Probe Buhari – Attahiru Bafarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.