Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Do You Follow The Bible Or What Your Pastor Said? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Follow The Bible Or What Your Pastor Said? (564 Views)

My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Follow The Bible Or What Your Pastor Said? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 19, 2015
Many Christians may not eventually make heaven not because they didn't live a holy life while here on earth, or because they were not committed servants of God. but because they abandoned the teachings of the bible and blindly embraced the opinion and ideas of their denomination Mamas, Papas and Pastors!!!!!!!!!!. Our pastor said this is bad, our papa said that is good, forgetting to ask, Is the bible in support of it? Am not here to cause confusion, i just think its high time we started serving God and stop turning our pastors into our second God, worshiping them and forgetting our first love Jesus Christ. Christianity is a personal relationship with God, and the bible contains the rules and law we should follow. anything outside the bible shouldn't be embraced by Christians.
Re: Do You Follow The Bible Or What Your Pastor Said? by Vision4God: 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2015
Nice 1 Jewel1993
Re: Do You Follow The Bible Or What Your Pastor Said? by Princewell2012(m): 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2015
Hmmmmm, well you have said it all. men are now worshiping their so called G.O today, and they are even ready to take up a fight with u, even in this forum.
Re: Do You Follow The Bible Or What Your Pastor Said? by malonephill(m): 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2015
I don't know where you gotten your own mama, papa o, I follow what my pastor preach cause he teaches what is in bible
Re: Do You Follow The Bible Or What Your Pastor Said? by EvilBrain1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
It is impossible to "just follow the bible" because it contradicts itself in so many ways that there is hardly any topic where the bibles position is unambiguous and settled. It's not like the Koran that has a strict hierarchy of revelation and thus only one correct interpretation (the one ISIS is following). The bible can be used to both support and oppose almost any position on almost any topic.

That's why there are so many denominations and why beliefs change so much even within the same denomination. You can't just obey the bible strictly because there is no correct biblical position, there are only interpretations and opinions. And the vast majority of Christians just follow the interpretation of the crowd they happen to belong to which is mainly dictated by the crowds leader, the pastor.

Most Christians have never even read the bible themselves not to talk of trying to figure out its meaning independently without a guide book or pastor holding their hand and spoonfeeding them the predigested meaning.

Re: Do You Follow The Bible Or What Your Pastor Said? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
jewel1993:
Many Christians may not eventually make heaven not because they didn't live a holy life while here on earth, or because they were not committed servants of God. but because they abandoned the teachings of the bible and blindly embraced the opinion and ideas of their denomination Mamas, Papas and Pastors!!!!!!!!!!. Our pastor said this is bad, our papa said that is good, forgetting to ask, Is the bible in support of it? Am not here to cause confusion, i just think its high time we started serving God and stop turning our pastors into our second God, worshiping them and forgetting our first love Jesus Christ. Christianity is a personal relationship with God, and the bible contains the rules and law we should follow. anything outside the bible shouldn't be embraced by Christians.

Do YOU have a personal relationship with God?

(1) (Reply)

Can Third Class Be God's Will For Me In The University? / The Funny Side Of T.B. Joshua / How To Pray Effectively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.