Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe (23241 Views)

82 Chibok Girls Reunite With Their Parents (photos/video) / Photo Of Nigeria Army And Families In 1963 / Released 21 Chibok Girls Reunite With Their Parents, See Emotional Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by ducii: 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
A total of 158 Women and children abducted by Boko Haram insurgents from Katarko village in Yobe have been reunited with their families in Damaturu, Yobe. The victims were released by the sect members after three weeks of captivity. Alhaji Ahmed Goniri, the state Commissioner for Justice and Chairman of the State Committee on Rehabilitation of Victims of Insurgency, said this while addressing newsmen in Damaturu on Thursday.

“The victims were screened by security operatives to authenticate their status while government provided them with psychological therapy to ease their trauma,” Goniri said.

NAN reports that the victims were released by the insurgents three weeks ago but remained in custody of security agencies to undergo screening to ensure that they were indeed captives. Alhaji Abdurahman Dauda, a displaced person, said his wife and six girls were released by the insurgents.

“Two of my boys are still in their custody but, I am of high spirit that they will soon be rescued,” he said. One of the victims who preferred to remain anonymous, said’ “to be fair to the insurgents, they did not rape or abused us, they simply asked those who were not interested in their religion to leave, and they eventually released us”.

Meanwhile, the state government has provided N50,000, two bags of rice, sugar, noodles and wrapper to each of the 15 widows among the victims, while 47 other women received N30,000 each and same quantity of rice, sugar, noodles and wrapper. Presenting the assistance, Goniri said government commiserated with the families of the victims and provided the relief materials to help them to resettle.

He said 20 boys were still in custody of the insurgents and expressed hope that the renewed operation against the insurgents would rescue them from their captors.
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/02/boko-haram-158-kidnapped-victims.html

7 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thank G for them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by bosteps: 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2015
Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Elslim: 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2015
They released dem Just like dat?? Hmmm naija wit Magic

12 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by kestolove95(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2015
Wia are. Chibok gurls dats ma question

9 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2015
Let the boys go now, our gallant soldiers are coming after you.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2015
thnk God
font page thngs
Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by benuejosh: 6:59pm On Feb 19, 2015
pdp and bokoharam are corelated. itz evident,

7 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 19, 2015
Na the hand of six weeks na im release them.

I don't believe this government for one penny.

Which is the ruling party in Yobe state?

Its been 311 days since the Chibok girls were abducted. What is the government doing about their release?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Koroaso: 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2015
Nigerians politician arranging kidnap ransoming and release since 1800BC.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by CharliParker: 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2015
good but people are shouting goodluck when we are seeing badluck

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 19, 2015
The election should be postponed further to enable the Chibok girls return...eeeyaaa, God bless GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by korel9: 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
Victims or babes? undecided

Some of the posters above are higher than me angry

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by juniormusa(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thanks to God
N.A are working
GEJ TILL 2019

21 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
Thank God but when are they bringing back our girls?

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Soso990240(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
I now believe Gej..this is good news.SaharaReporters no de see dis kind gudnews..na only Bad news against Gej dem de report..naija politics.bt wait...ar u sure those ar nt Bokoharam members tryin to escape through dat strategy?

10 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by pembisco(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
buhari has prostate cancer, this news will cause him HBP, Then he'll know that Nigeria is too big for a religious bigot to rule.

GEJ has now reunited families.

with this kind of news, this six weeks is worth the election rescheduling

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by freshness2020: 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
Waiting for our darling chibok girls turn!!!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by juniormusa(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
K
Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:17pm On Feb 19, 2015
GEJ @ Work....

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by saints2(f): 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
Where are the Chibok girls Jona

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by iuiiokae: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by lilprinze: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
GEJ till 2099

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 19, 2015
Keneking:
Na the hand of six weeks na im release them.

I don't believe this government for one penny.

Which is the ruling party in Yobe state?

how bout you hear from same government that the victims has been executed?

i know you will belief. Haters will say i am a satanian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by tbagjames(m): 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
We thank God
Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Freetech: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
Another lie. But we were told nobody was kidnapped apart from Chibok girls

Where were the 158 ppl kept by the insurgents before their rescue? This story did not add up. No picture yet you want me to believe this?

Âre these the Chibok girls?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 19, 2015
God bless the Nigeria Army, Boko Haram your days are numbered, Shekau and his cohorts will never know peace....... angry

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by webmaster0(m): 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
GEJ till 2019

5 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Chimarto: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
GMB in action.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
Hi every one, I'm single and searching for a matured and God fearing lady i can start a close friendship with. Her age should be 24 and above and she must reside in the south west. My bbm pin is 5141-8078. Thanks

If you are going to ask me to find girls in my area, keep your opinions to yourself. How i intend to find a girl is not any one's business undecided

Single ladies only and please no GAYS or guys should add me
Re: Breaking!!! 158 Kidnapped Victims Reunite With Families In Yobe by idrisa334: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
With the disruption of Boko Haram communication by NAF, boko haram cannot function as efficient as before, i expect to hear more of this Good news

NAF successfully intercepts Boko Haram’s communication network
Source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/3291-naf-successfully-intercepts-boko-haram-s-communication-network

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Family Photos From Shahida Sanusi's Wedding / Grazing Bill: Fani-Kayode Congratulates Fayose For Signing Bill Into Law / Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed Is 58 Years Old Not 55, Graduated At 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.