Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

We’ll End Boko Haram In 2-3 Weeks – Jonathan To Yoruba Council Of Elders (photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll End Boko Haram In 2-3 Weeks – Jonathan To Yoruba Council Of Elders (photos (573 Views)

''This May Be Why Jonathan Couldn’t End Boko Haram Insurgency'' / Boko Haram Story Will Change In Two Weeks – Jonathan / Photos : Members Of Yoruba Council Of Elders Visit Jonathan At State House Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll End Boko Haram In 2-3 Weeks – Jonathan To Yoruba Council Of Elders (photos by RYANAYO(m): 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2015
The presidential candidate of the PDP, President Goodluck Jonathan, said the Boko Haram insurgency will change in two weeks’ time. He made this statement at the meeting with members of the Yoruba Council of Elders at the State House, Marina, Lagos.

President Jonathan said the nation had acquired equipment to battle Boko Haram and in two-three weeks there wouldn’t be any threat to the forthcoming general elections.
According to him, Nigeria could not be defined by the Boko Haram insurgency, saying there was terror all over the world.
“Sometimes, people define Nigeria by the Boko Haram. Nigeria cannot be defined based on Boko Haram alone. There is terror all over the world. We’ve unfair share of the terror, but luckily, with what is happening now, I tell people that in the next two to three weeks, this story will change because we’ve got the equipment that we can withstand the excesses of Boko Haram.
“That is why these few days, you will see that the movement, we don’t want to say much. It’s going on gradually. My belief is that in the next three weeks or so, if we don’t completely take over all our territories, we would’ve handled Boko Haram to the extent that it’ll no longer be a problem to the elections that will come up,” he said.
Moreover, the President took to his Facebook to share some photos from the meeting and express his gratitude.
“It was a great honour and pleasure to receive members of the Yoruba Council of Elders who visited me today at the State House, Marina, Lagos. The wisdom from our elders is invaluable. I thank the elders for their visit and may God bless Nigeria. GEJ,” he wrote on his Facebook.
President, Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE), Gen. Adeyinka Adebayo (rtd), General Secretary YCE, Mr. Idowu Shofolahan; PDP National chairman, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu and others were present at the meeting.
The President was in Lagos to commission four Nigerian Navy warships at the Naval Dockyard Limited, Victoria Island.
It would be recalled that yesterday, February 18, Boko Haram has released a new video vowing to disrupt the 2015 general elections at all costs.
Check out photos from the meeting below:

see more http://sharebitemag..it/2015/02/well-end-boko-haram-in-2-3-weeks_81.html

Re: We’ll End Boko Haram In 2-3 Weeks – Jonathan To Yoruba Council Of Elders (photos by olexjay(m): 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2015
Are those peÓple in the pics the ones who wanna go and face the BH.... Idk lol.

Our government giving us #SleepingPills since 1900
Re: We’ll End Boko Haram In 2-3 Weeks – Jonathan To Yoruba Council Of Elders (photos by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
Someone should remind President Gbagbo Ebele Jonathan say no be today yansh dey back.
Re: We’ll End Boko Haram In 2-3 Weeks – Jonathan To Yoruba Council Of Elders (photos by baybeeboi: 11:23pm On Feb 19, 2015
kill them all.
nd put shekaus head on a stake.
Re: We’ll End Boko Haram In 2-3 Weeks – Jonathan To Yoruba Council Of Elders (photos by Boss13: 11:28pm On Feb 19, 2015
I looked at the picture and I saw the men who have hardened their heart to sell this country and put us all in bondage.

Sell not your soul for a slice of bread. Power must be returned to the people.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why I Turned Down Polls Debate, By PDP Benue Guber Candidate / When They Send U Candy Crush Saga Request / Job Vancancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.