Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators (16910 Views)

Ezekwesili Condemns Obanikoro's Ministerial Screening, Fayose Congratulates Him / Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation / Rigging Clip: Reps Ask Senate To Stop Obanikoro’s Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by etenyong(m): 3:58am On Feb 20, 2015
Members of the All Progressives Congress in the Senate on Thursday said they were resolved to stop the re-appointment of Senator Musiliu Obanikoro as minister following his alleged indictment in the use of the military to rig the Ekiti governorship election in June last year.

Spokesperson of the APC Senate Caucus, Babafemi Ojudu, who spoke in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja, explained that other senators from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party were also being co-opted into the struggle.

He said APC senators had started mobilising themselves to frustrate Obanikoro’s clearance and approval for fresh appointment.

He said, “We will do everything possible to stop Obanikoro from being cleared as a minister. Ordinarily, being a former senator he is expected to take a bow and receive automatic clearance but in the present circumstance he has serious issues to clear.

“In a normal society, he should have been picked by security agents and quizzed over his involvement in the criminal act of using the military to subvert a democratic process.

“This is a man who used the name of President Goodluck Jonathan to intimidate and harass military officers. He even threatened to determine the fate of the soldier, as the then Minister of State for Defence, if he failed to carry out the alleged rigging plot.

“It is not only the APC senators that are involved in this struggle; senators from other political parties who are genuine democrats have pledged their loyalty for the noble cause. “

Meanwhile, Ojudu, representing Ekiti Central Senatorial District, has said that federal lawmakers from his state would set in motion procedures for the taking over of the legislative activities of the Ekiti State House of Assembly.

Ojudu explained that both chambers of the federal legislature would have taken over the responsibility of the state legislators if the Senate President, David Mark, had not halted the process in December last year.

He lamented that the alleged illegality being perpetrated by seven PDP members of the 26-member of the Ekiti Assembly would have been curtailed if Mark had not stopped a motion for the take-over at the upper legislative chamber.

He said, “We tried to bring it (motion for the takeover) to the Senate before we closed for Christmas break but it was not allowed by Senator David Mark.

“Three of us from Ekiti went to see him about it but he declined to allow us raise it.”
www.punchng.com/news/well-stop-obanikoros-ministerial-bid-apc-senators/

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by vjsmiles: 3:59am On Feb 20, 2015

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by GentleToks(m): 4:10am On Feb 20, 2015
Nice one

12 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Cuckoo48: 4:10am On Feb 20, 2015
APC propaganda at work. Like say dem too dey fear Koro for dis APC. Obanikoro dis, Obanikoro dat. Na wetin sef? Na becos he frustrated their rigging plan in Ekiti that dey will not let him rest. Abeg they should go and rest jor.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Nobody: 4:16am On Feb 20, 2015
APC does not have the numbers to stop him.Whether they like it or not Koro would surely be cleared.I trust David Mark to do tht needful." The ayes have it"

26 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Quote1: 4:47am On Feb 20, 2015
Kudos to The progressives. A man of questionable characters should not be allowed to such position.

61 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by spott(m): 4:48am On Feb 20, 2015
If this was abroad it can't happen at all.

They said Buhari will take us back if elected President! Nigerians say it's a good decision to go back when you've lost your way on a 16yr PDP journey where our destination as a nation is no longer visible. Please, Buhari, take us back to the era where:
1. One Dollar was less than one Naira. It is incredible today!
2. Everything was on first come first serve basis.
3. There was zero tolerance for corruption.
4. Oil refineries in PortHarcourt, Warri & Kaduna were built & running at full capacity.
5. Anybody with questionable wealth was afraid to display it in public.
6. There was Zero tolerance for in discipline. Everything was in order
7. Nigeria had no debt at all.
8. Neglecting your children was a crime
9. Littering the public place was a crime
10. Twenty oil depots were built and functioning.
11 Western world can't interfere into our nation.
12. Chad invaded Nigeria, we sent them packing but did not harness their Land
13. Our economy was NOT running on generator
14. We can sleep with our eyes closed because we were secured.
15. Countries like Indonesia and Malaysia need not to set example on how to deal with drug pushers. 16. The Maitaseine Islamic Sect insurgency in the North was crushed on record time. 17. We want those days when Buhari was a military Governor but did not amass illegal wealth. 18. We want those days when Buhari was a Minister of Petroleum but did not hire a private jet for N10 billion. 19. We want those days when Buhari was a Head of State but did not loot the Treasury. 20. We want those days when Buhari was Head of PTF but did not steal the Fund even in the days of Abacha when stealing was the order of the day.
Pls, Buhari & Osinbajo, take us BACK! We can't afford another 4yrs of waste in the hands of PDP!!! Take us BACK to the good old days of this our great nation.
If you want this to happen, circulate the message!!!

134 Likes 29 Shares

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by TeamSimple(m): 5:27am On Feb 20, 2015
Ministerial appointment for how many weeks? Looting continua

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by benuejosh: 5:31am On Feb 20, 2015
he ought not to have been selected by jonathan for any public office again going by the recent happenings and reveals. yet as clueless as he is he has nominated him as minister again. haba jona.

22 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by DWJOBScom(m): 6:01am On Feb 20, 2015
Try it!!!!

Obanikoro is a Nigeria and can be given any appointment - he hasn't failed in any given to him.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 20, 2015
Has Obanikoro been convicted of anything by a law court?

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Pavore9: 6:14am On Feb 20, 2015
The FG should have openly investigated the allegation against him & others in order to set the record straight. lF he is proven 2 b innocent against all reasonable doubt APC will not have any moral ground to deny him d nomination as we will boo them.

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by gabriel212: 6:19am On Feb 20, 2015
Once I saw koro being nominated I deduced gej is nothing but an ERROR!
y should he had nominated a person being indicted in such a magnitude crime? yet, the presidency would raise an eye ball against any international media that write against her govt how can we define this insult being perpetuated by this man?
gej is nothing but CANCER to our political climate.

29 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by chymystique(f): 6:30am On Feb 20, 2015
In as much as am Pro-GEJ, to be sincere am really disappointed in GEJ for nominating Obanikoro after his rigging video has gone viral. Though he has not been declared guilty by the law court or convicted, its not right @ all.. Sometimes I wonder the kind of advisers GEJ has and if he is even wise @ all.... #OnlyInNigeria

38 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by jayonpoint(m): 6:37am On Feb 20, 2015
DWJOBScom:
Try it!!!!

Obanikoro is a Nigeria and can be given any appointment - he hasn't failed in any given to him.
Which side is ur brin pcked?

10 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by DWJOBScom(m): 6:39am On Feb 20, 2015
jayonpoint:

Which side is ur brin pcked?

I speak English mate!!!

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by bettercreature(m): 6:40am On Feb 20, 2015
Best news of the day,the man is a threat to democracy he should go and clear his name first,that's why I will not vote Jonathan,he enjoys nominating criminal for his government

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by jorlons(m): 6:41am On Feb 20, 2015
somebody has fed jonathan with ''I AM BOSS'' syndrome that's why he acts without giving a damn about others.

For those asking why Jonathan went ahead nominating Obanikoro ?

Is the part on the leaked tape where Koro said he is on assignment for the presidency not clear enough?

Or do you expect the president to ok an investigation that may eventually lead back to him?

This move to me is the fastest way to brush this aside and I bliv that's what the president is aiming @. Once Obanikoro is cleared by the senate the issue would be as good as dead

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by LOC1(m): 6:49am On Feb 20, 2015
I dont know what to call this present admnistration. What is the critearia involved in appointing ministers because I see no reason why a Thug who is a threat to democracy would be offered a ministerial appointment.

I hope The National Assembly will make good of this opportunity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:55am On Feb 20, 2015
Why does Jonathan like people with questionable character?

10 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by jorlons(m): 6:57am On Feb 20, 2015
chymystique:
In as much as am Pro-GEJ, to be sincere am really disappointed in GEJ for nominating Obanikoro after his rigging video has gone viral. Though he has not been declared guilty by the law court or convicted, its not right @ all.. Sometimes I wonder the kind of advisers GEJ has and if he is even wise @ all.... #OnlyInNigeria

In as much as I am anti-GEJ, I think he has made a pretty smart move. It is obvious the presidency doesn't want to do any form of investigation. I mean koro said he is on assignment. Do you want him to ok an investigation on koro that may eventually point back to him The best way to brush this aside is to release the list of ministerial nominies as fast as possible to the senate for confirmation which he has done.

How I wish he was smart in doing the right things.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by stinggy(m): 7:00am On Feb 20, 2015
In a normal society, he should have been picked
by security agents and quizzed over his involvement
in the criminal act of using the military to subvert a
democratic process.

“This is a man who used the name of President
Goodluck Jonathan to intimidate and harass
military officers. He even threatened to determine
the fate of the soldier, as the then Minister of State
for Defence, if he failed to carry out the alleged
rigging plot.
Unfortunately Nigeria is not normal and he will be sworn in as a minister.

chymystique:
Thanks for being honest.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Seequadry(m): 7:26am On Feb 20, 2015
better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 20, 2015
gabriel212:
Once I saw koro being nominated I deduced gej is nothing but an ERROR!
y should he had nominated a person being indicted in such a magnitude crime? yet, the presidency would raise an eye ball against any international media that write against her govt how can we define this insult being perpetuated by this man?
gej is nothing but CANCER to our political climate.

How many times have we seen invented or made up allegations in this country?

In this day and age of technology advances audio or picture allegations no longer suffice. You need to prove your case in court with a video if possible. The President just can not be expected to take every internet rumour seriously otherwise the President will not be able to nominate any ministers because lets face it every potential minister can be subjected to made up allegations of corruption on the internet. I mean everyone!

Tell me who should be nominated instead of Obanikoro and I can here and now start up a rumour about him!

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 20, 2015
that so called audio of obanikoro and fayose can be changed to the voice of Buhari and Tambuwal

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by gabriel212: 7:52am On Feb 20, 2015
mikeansy:

How many times have we seen invented or made up allegations in this country?

In this day and age of technology advances audio or picture allegations no longer suffice. You need to prove your case in court with a video if possible. The President just can not be expected to take every internet rumour seriously otherwise the President will not be able to nominate any ministers because lets face it every potential minister can be subjected to made up allegations of corruption on the internet. I mean everyone!

Tell me who should be nominated instead of Obanikoro and I can here and now start up a rumour about him!
guy gej has no interest to probe the allegation. In a sane society, koro will need to clear himself from the crime otherwise he will be bar from holding any public office. moreover, a person is free of crime until indicted by the court of law n the question is should he had nominated koro despite the allegations level against him?

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 20, 2015
If APC would pick a drug baron Tinubu as national leader what moral conviction do they have to pontificate over this issue.Koro would surely be cleared by the senate whether they like it or not

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by ola6: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2015
[size=14pt]APC and Tinubu are so SCARED of Obanikoro... grin grin grin

Whether Tinubu likes it or not, Obanikoro will be the Minister, Lagos will go PDP, Nigeria will remain PDP. Tinubu will go on exile!

Remember, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! cheesy cheesy cheesy
[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by ola6: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2015
chymystique:

Chymystique, APC/Tinubu is scared of Obanikoro. Its only Obanikoro that can stand that frog eyed limp in Burdillion. Trust me, GEJ knows what damage Koro will give the ojuyobo.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 20, 2015
In a sane society, that thug wouldn't be considered for local government board member.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Stop Obanikoro’s Ministerial Bid —APC Senators by SuperModerator: 10:48am On Feb 20, 2015
Nice one from APC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Charges Miyetti Allah Leader With ‘unlawful Creation Of Ethnic Militia’ / More Shocking Corruption Reports Coming - Says Govt / Emmanuel Uduaghan Wins Delta South Senatorial Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.