Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George (1347 Views)

Saraki’s Trial Won’t End At CCT, Says Melaye / I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul In The Bible - Bode George / Obasanjo Won’t Be Sanctioned For Anti-jonathan Comments – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by chat2deen(m): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2015
There has been a lot of reactions following the dramatic exit of former president Olusegun Obasanjo from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)!
Bode George
However, in a new interview with Vanguard, Chief Bode George, the former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party has made some remarks about Obasanjo’s decision to leave. Bode George said that he prays former president Olusegun Obasanjo won’t end like Saul in the Bible.
Bode George also said that it is unfair for Obasanjo to leave the party like that because he has benefited immensely from the party. He made it known that when Obasanjo’s businesses were down, he was called in and was helped. ‘I really don’t want to insult an elderly man, because in Yoruba land it is wrong’, George cautioned himself in the interview as he tries not to insult the elder statesman. Read excerpts below:
How do you see the decision of former President Olusegun Obasanjo to dump the PDP?
It is very sad. After he came out of incarceration, when most of his businesses were down, the party invited him and put a new beginning into baba. He has benefitted from the party.
I don’t think that I have heard of this that a man, who has been to the pinnacle to tear the party’s card publicly. There are things you should not expect an old man to do. It is unfair. Very unfair. This leaves a sour taste in the mouth of those who were part of his rebuilding. It is a very bad decision.
But Obasanjo says President Goodluck Jonathan plans to perpetuate himself in government like former Ivorian President Laurent Gbagbo?
He (Obasanjo) says he is a Christian and as a Christian, it is emphasised in the New Testament of the Bible where Christ said judge not so that you will not be judged. But his judgement is no longer about the policies of Jonathan. He has gone down to the extent of saying Gen. Muhammadu Buhari will jail you that is why you are afraid.
Talking to elders with respect
I am holding my breath because in an African setting, you talk to elders with respect and that is why I am trying to get the right words to describe my feelings. Baba (Obasanjo) is not a young man. He was head of state at 39. So averagely, he should be about 84 or 85 and I am requesting that he should graciously fade away into the midnight.
I want to plead with Baba. God has been kind to him and he has served his own time. I don’t want to conclude that his life will be like King Saul in the Bible. I pray it will not be so. Baba has played his role. No generation can finish any job. Nation building is a continuous exercise.
You come, do your own and go back into history. The young will read to know about their past so that they will not repeat the same mistakes. That is why no man can finish the job. It is becoming unnecessarily contentious and the attack on the President who is much younger calls for caution and I will plead and beg some of our obas that there is a need to talk to baba to remain at that pinnacle of respectability. It is becoming too personal.
Meanwhile as criticisms continue to follow the dramatic exit of the former President from PDP, Bode George recently explained how he arrived at the decision to leave the party to which he belonged for 16 years.

Source: http://www.naij.com/388637-i-pray-obasanjo-wont-end-like-saul-bode-george.html

1 Like

Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by deebee13(f): 8:57am On Feb 20, 2015
grin
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by Omexonomy: 8:59am On Feb 20, 2015
Not only obasanjo but the entire APC.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by simplemach(m): 9:00am On Feb 20, 2015
He can as well end up like a bush rat on a trap i dont give a sh*t. He deserves worse.

1 Like

Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by tolextony(m): 9:02am On Feb 20, 2015
HOW TO BE AN APC MEMBER OR
FAN
1. Create lies; 2. Attack and insult
violently when facts are presented;
3.Scream "Sai Buhari" if faced with
superior argument.
4. Lose your sense of rationality and
logic.
5. Insult the president and anyone
that supports him
6. Lie that GEJ stole $49 billion.
7. Disagree with any event or post
that portrays GEJ in a goodlight and
agree with any event or post that
portrays GEJ in a badlight.
8. Disagree with any event or post
that portrays GMB in a badlight and
agree with any post showing him in
a goodlight.
6. Celebrate bokoharam attacks by
shouting "GEJ is Clueless, Our
soldiers are weak and 6weeks is
counting oh"
What surprises me is the ease and
unremorseful impunity at which
Buhari and his supporters tell lies.
You can never see any iota of
morality in them, it's such a shame!
If they tell you they represent
change tell them to refute the
attached picture. Imagine Tinubu
telling you he will fight
corruption..don't be decieved..Vote
wisely.

3 Likes

Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by 2dice(m): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2015
And see who is talking about OJB i mean OBJ.. Ex-convict with fish brain..i pity is Disciplines...make i no mention names oo
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by taiyesoul(f): 9:07am On Feb 20, 2015
....and i also pray Bode George dont end like Pharaoh
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by demelza: 9:14am On Feb 20, 2015
A jailbird opening his stinking mouth to talk about a 5-star General.
Only in Nigeria.
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by muredo(m): 9:20am On Feb 20, 2015
See who is talking?
Oponu elewon!!!!!

Pot calling Kettle BLACK!!!!!

So sorry for this country called NAIJA
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by adebisiema(m): 9:22am On Feb 20, 2015
walahi, i don tire for naija politics
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by chymystique(f): 9:32am On Feb 20, 2015
Pls what's with Bode George and his Quoting of bible these days??
He should just shut up for now please and go enjoy the freedom GEJ granted him
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by KanwuliaJara: 9:36am On Feb 20, 2015
On the 'ROAD TO DAMNATION'! grin

1 Like

Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by Chiaka(f): 9:38am On Feb 20, 2015
2dice:
And see who is talking about OJB i mean OBJ.. Ex-convict with fish brain..i pity is Disciplines...make i no mention names oo

Baba OBJ think and keep your respect. Hardly anyone supporting you. The voice of people is the voice of God. Resort to what elderly men do. Pray for your country, bless your country and pray for the young generation and generations to come. Control freaks don't sell sir.!!!
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by Charlotte15: 9:40am On Feb 20, 2015
Baba George e dapada. OBJ is a man of Providence.
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by omenka(m): 9:46am On Feb 20, 2015
Bode George should at this point be more worried about the country in the world that's gonna grant him asylum. May 29th nor far like dat oo!!
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by clevvermind(m): 9:47am On Feb 20, 2015
gringrin it is already clear that he would end like saul.
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by clevvermind(m): 9:49am On Feb 20, 2015
Omexonomy:
Not only obasanjo but the entire APC.
gringrin dem go attack you o.
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by baybeeboi: 9:58am On Feb 20, 2015
pray He doesn't end up worse.
Oldest fool alive
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by hikmojj(m): 10:04am On Feb 20, 2015
so thief also read bible.....name wa o
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by xrisdon(m): 10:05am On Feb 20, 2015
good
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by Naijiant: 10:15am On Feb 20, 2015
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by taiyesoul(f): 10:39am On Feb 20, 2015
Chiaka:

Baba OBJ think and keep your respect. Hardly anyone supporting you. The voice of people is the voice of God. Resort to what elderly men do. Pray for your country, bless your country and pray for the young generation and generations to come. Control freaks don't sell sir.!!!

So the Voice of an old demented mind, theif and slowpoke like Bode George is the voice of God?
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 20, 2015
2dice:
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by Tunjman(m): 11:34am On Feb 20, 2015
tolextony:
HOW TO BE AN APC MEMBER OR
FAN
1. Create lies; 2. Attack and insult
violently when facts are presented;
3.Scream "Sai Buhari" if faced with
superior argument.
4. Lose your sense of rationality and
logic.
5. Insult the president and anyone
that supports him
6. Lie that GEJ stole $49 billion.
7. Disagree with any event or post
that portrays GEJ in a goodlight and
agree with any event or post that
portrays GEJ in a badlight.
8. Disagree with any event or post
that portrays GMB in a badlight and
agree with any post showing him in
a goodlight.
6. Celebrate bokoharam attacks by
shouting "GEJ is Clueless, Our
soldiers are weak and 6weeks is
counting oh"
What surprises me is the ease and
unremorseful impunity at which
Buhari and his supporters tell lies.
You can never see any iota of
morality in them, it's such a shame!
If they tell you they represent
change tell them to refute the
attached picture. Imagine Tinubu
telling you he will fight
corruption..don't be decieved..Vote
wisely.

Guy why are you spamming every thread with this nonsense? You know what? You look miserable already with your bushy hair...come have some change to have it barbed so that you can grow some sense.
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by Tunjman(m): 11:39am On Feb 20, 2015
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by argon500: 11:42am On Feb 20, 2015
Whenever I hear about Bode George, I always feel like SMH!
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 20, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by 2dice(m): 12:12pm On Feb 20, 2015
Chiaka:

and what do you think Bode George is??
Uncontrol Freak
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by 2dice(m): 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2015
Chiaka:

and what do you think Bode George is??
Uncontrol Freak
in other news ain't OBJ..he is not in my lineage.. Ayam Proudly a "WAFFITARIAN"
Re: I Pray Obasanjo Won’t End Like Saul - Bode George by Chiaka(f): 2:35pm On Feb 20, 2015
taiyesoul:

So the Voice of an old demented mind, theif and slowpoke like Bode George is the voice of God?

I tire! Whose talking about Bode George, is one out of a million Nigerian. The bottom line is so many Nigerian aint in support of OBJs behaviour.
Even im own daughter no support im behaviour

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/iyabos-letter-obj/

(1) (Reply)

Desperate President Jonathan Bows Down To Traditionalists For Prayers(pic) / ISIS Beat Up 5 Men For Using Toilet, Cellphones And TV. Feeds Son To Mother / "Dont Steal Nigeria's Election"---- JEAN HERSKOVITS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.