Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

How To Treat Whitlow - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Treat Whitlow (40707 Views)

"FMC Owerri Doctors Refused To Treat Madonna University Student Shot Last Night" / How To Fix A Whitlow Deformed Finger Nails / Home Remedy For Whitlow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Treat Whitlow by Cpumping(m): 10:13am On Feb 20, 2015
Please what is the best way to treat whitlow.
I have heard put the finger in very hot water, putting it in Jik, putting it in fuel, hydraulic etc.
Re: How To Treat Whitlow by Immarocks(f): 10:32am On Feb 20, 2015
apply palm oil on it then keep the finger close to heat.it helps it to broke the pours and remove the mucus inside.the take a pain reliever..sorry oooh
Re: How To Treat Whitlow by Cpumping(m): 1:51pm On Feb 20, 2015
Immarocks:
apply palm oil on it then keep the finger close to heat.it helps it to broke the pours and remove the mucus inside.the take a pain reliever..sorry oooh

Thanks
Re: How To Treat Whitlow by dominique(f): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
It's a bacterial infection so it's best to treat it with antibiotics (ampiclox). Applying heat also helps a lot. When I had it back in uni, I used to put the affected finger on any hot surface I could find, I will melt wax on it and also dip it in methylated spirit. My sister made hot eba and held my finger into it. It was very painful but I felt some relief afterwards. The pus eventually released while the finger was on a hot pot after just over a week. Afterwards, I applied spirit on the wound till it healed. People gave me so many remedies like battery acid, petrol, using pin to rupture the pus etc. I never used those methods, antibiotics and heat worked well for me. The finger looks normal despite the scary stories I was told that it will be disfigured.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by achinaboy(m): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
just get a girl friend or a girl on the street, start your speech like this,please baby, I get wtlo, can I put it inside your veejay,,the girl will be like what did u say,,and u repeat again,,please baby I got witlo on my finger, can I put it in your veejay, and then if she agrees,,then say goodbye to your witlo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by Cpumping(m): 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
achinaboy:
just get a girl friend or a girl on the street, start your speech like this,please baby, I get wtlo, can I put it inside your veejay,,the girl will be like what did u say,,and u repeat again,,please baby I got witlo on my finger, can I put it in your veejay, and then if she agrees,,then say goodbye to your witolo

grin grin grin
Try get sense small na

3 Likes

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by Cpumping(m): 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
dominique:
It's a bacterial infection so it's best to treat it with antibiotics (ampiclox). Applying heat also helps a lot. When I had it back in uni, I used to put the affected finger on any hot surface I could find, I will melt wax on it and also dip it in methylated spirit. My sister made hot eba and held my finger into it. It was very painful but I felt some relief afterwards. The pus eventually released while the finger was on a hot pot after just over a week. Afterwards, I applied spirit on the wound till it healed. People gave me so many remedies like battery acid, petrol, using pin to rupture the pus etc. I never used those methods, antibiotics and heat worked well for me. The finger looks normal despite the scary stories I was told that it will be disfigured.

I wd use ur method. d jik method seem to b working too sha. thnks a lot
Re: How To Treat Whitlow by lordhugo(m): 5:15am On Apr 17, 2015
whitlow boy! grin

h
e
x
y

mu
st

hear
Re: How To Treat Whitlow by Juzzybabe(f): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2015
This this really harsh but I saw it worked wonders for someone. Mix a little caustic soda with palm oil and apply on the affected area. It's painful but very fast.
Re: How To Treat Whitlow by domwas2(m): 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
I got whitlow now gonna try these ideas

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
achinaboy:
just get a girl friend or a girl on the street, start your speech like this,please baby, I get wtlo, can I put it inside your veejay,,the girl will be like what did u say,,and u repeat again,,please baby I got witlo on my finger, can I put it in your veejay, and then if she agrees,,then say goodbye to your witlo
James 1:5 "if any of you lacks wisdom , let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."
sense will come in Jesus name!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by achinaboy(m): 1:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
Epaul:
James 1:5 "if any of you lacks wisdom , let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."
sense will come in Jesus name!
so called uptight aasss,holy nweje, santa nwegbe hypocrits,will inherite the kindom of hell
Re: How To Treat Whitlow by Dauncle(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
dominique:
Point of correction, its not a bacterial infection, its a viral infection caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by Miner13: 8:28pm On May 02, 2017
This thing too bad
Re: How To Treat Whitlow by lgboks(m): 1:00pm On Sep 01, 2017
Dauncle:

Point of correction, its not a bacterial infection, its a viral infection caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV)
true but it can also be infected (by a bacteria) hence antibacteria is needed

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by Seun(m): 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
Please don't recommend any unusual treatment unless it has actually worked for you or you actually saw it working for someone else.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by gamaliel9: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
prevent it first....when a skin tissue is hanging on your finger,be careful how you remove it ESPECIALLY IF IT IS CLOSE TO YOUR FINGER NAIL..

1 Like

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by havilahconsults: 10:02am On Apr 23, 2018
Dip the affected finger inside hot salt solution (salt with water). Works like magic

2 Likes

Re: How To Treat Whitlow by webgenius(m): 9:10am On Jun 17, 2018
Good day everyone, please ignore most of the advice given above. Whitlow is the colloquial(street name) for pulp space abscess of the proximal and middle segments of the finger, most often bacterial in origin. Please see your doctor who would perform a very simple incision and drainage procedure after administration of a local anaesthetic. The pus within the space is drained and healing is quite good. I had this 3-4 times as a child and now have the privilege of treating thousands of people with this condition. It is different from herpetic infection of the hand often seen in people who work in the oral cavity like dentists, dental technologists.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Chinese Doctors To Arrive Nigeria Today, To Spend One Month / How Do You Feel After Smoking Weed / Months After Suffering From Fire Burns, See What This Lady Looks Like Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.