Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert (23427 Views)

Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study / 1.8 Million Nigerians Suffering Glaucoma / FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by IYANGBALI: 9:30am On Feb 24, 2015
daviddd:

Hahan, Howw is that possible na? Half of 21million in a forum with 1.3million members? angry
he is hiding some at sambisia forest and some are here on NL grin
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by daviddd(m): 9:32am On Feb 24, 2015
9jatatafo:
All Lagos road users, I those driving cars are all mentally sick both rich and poor.

True
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by shinaboy: 9:34am On Feb 24, 2015
I am not one of them
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by daviddd(m): 9:35am On Feb 24, 2015
IYANGBALI:
he is hiding some at sambisia forest and some are here on NL grin

Are you saying Seun is BH? angry
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Ileogbo(m): 9:44am On Feb 24, 2015
Yes, I agreed with this report 100%. This is because, mostly, ACUTE THYPHOID FEVER.........do cause mental disorder. it happens to my roommate when I was in school, now with one of my colleague's wife.......lack of proper TREATMENT/DIAGONISE typhoid for malaria causes this.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by poiZon: 10:12am On Feb 24, 2015
meshacha1:
Do you mean almost 1% of Nigerians are insane?
If you minus children's and elderly people, what's remaining?
This shows the person that analysed the statistics is insane.

Hit like if you are sane joor!

stewpidity is good, but when u r stewpid for no reasons then its BAD!
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by IYANGBALI: 10:27am On Feb 24, 2015
daviddd:

Are you saying Seun is BH? angry
na you talk am o,my hand no dey o,iinfact I didn't come here today
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by ibrews: 10:34am On Feb 24, 2015
Samiceman:
Here is an example undecided
Another example!
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by samsard(m): 10:46am On Feb 24, 2015
meshacha1:

There are different types of mental illnesses!!!! Having one don't mean you aren't sane!!!!!! Stop demonstrating your ignorance.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by popcykaylah(m): 11:00am On Feb 24, 2015
I agree with him no wonder each time gej mama peace and jagaban come out for a speech they usually yarn crap..even boss brother always act as if he get disorder ..
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by jerrymej(m): 11:12am On Feb 24, 2015
When you can not think straight is that not a mental problem? When
you have an ill temperament and can’t control it is that not a mental
problem just to cite a few instances? It is not only when you display
an abnormal attitude in public that you have a mental problem…..
This may be right, since the tension of bad governance is making thing
worst day by day, can’t believe people can not think right, since nothing
is sure, no time target, no light, no water, no good road, no good news,
generator noise everywhere, disappointment everywhere, security
failure, sleepless nights for fear of not save, is all this not enough to
activate madness. We need change for a better way of living.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 24, 2015
Nmeri17:
**how the 21 million is distributed **
30% in psychiatric homes
10% on online gossip boards
5% are roaming
5% are mechanical engineers cheesy
5% at yaba left
45% are not roaming. they are dispersed evenly among the population of sane people and try to act like normal people at times e.g. bosses, commercial motorcycle riders, lecturers e.t.c smiley

[b][/b]lol....[color=#006600][/color]
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 24, 2015
21 million? That's totally false statistics. They had better re-do d statistics. They should stop patronizing us with that figure. From our polithiefians who are diseased with compulsive lying disorder and amnesia, to govt officials, armed forces, churhces, schools, markets, road traffic users (esp tipper and bus drivers), even ordinary passers-by, entertainment industry, online communities (emphasis on nairaland) I can conveniently say there're up to 80million mentally disturbed pple in Naija.
Just look at Nairaland, 80% of members here dey kolo

1 Like

Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by 3kay945(m): 12:01pm On Feb 24, 2015
ChokolateBoss:
21 million? That's totally false statistics. They had better re-do d statistics. They should stop patronizing us with that figure. From our polithiefians who are diseased with compulsive lying disorder and amnesia, to govt officials, armed forces, churhces, schools, markets, road traffic users (esp tipper and bus drivers), even ordinary passers-by, entertainment industry, online communities (emphasis on nairaland) I can conveniently say there're up to 70million mentally disturbed pple in Naija.

smiley cool
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by IKON360(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2015
dis expert is high on rotten weed
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by daviddd(m): 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2015
IYANGBALI:
na you talk am o,my hand no dey o,iinfact I didn't come here today

Hehehehehe grin you be real coward oo. Maybe oga Seun is Shekau, what do you think? cheesy
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by daviddd(m): 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2015
ChokolateBoss:
21 million? That's totally false statistics. They had better re-do d statistics. They should stop patronizing us with that figure. From our polithiefians who are diseased with compulsive lying disorder and amnesia, to govt officials, armed forces, churhces, schools, markets, road traffic users (esp tipper and bus drivers), even ordinary passers-by, entertainment industry, online communities (emphasis on nairaland) I can conveniently say there're up to 80million mentally disturbed pple in Naija.

shocked 80million ke, you meaan about 50% of the country's population? angry
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by VickyRotex(f): 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Haba Bros.... I think sey you wan reduce the statistics sef, I no know sey you wan increase am ni... Na who come remain for Naija? With your statistics, it means there must be atleast one in each family then. You know what I mean....
#Runsaway

1 Like

Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by knowledge4(m): 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
No jobs, no money, hyper inflation, accommodation problems, no water, no functional hospitals, no food, no functional quality schools for the common man, high cost of kerosine cooking fuel, no mass transit system, outrageous Nepa bills, no light,no security, no good roads, Boko Haram insurgency, double and triple taxation and many other stressors in the system
Why 21 million will not have mental stress?
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by knowledge4(m): 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2015
daviddd:

21million is not 1% of our population, rather close to 10%

The statistics may be right
A mental case is not necessarily a man who walks the streets naked
Millions of well dressed men walking the streets are not of sound mind, therefore have mental problems
Those men who have sex with the toddlers and the under aged are part of them
Those men who beat their wives are part of them
Those who smoke and drink ogogoro gin as early as 5 am at the bus stops are part of them
Those women who beat their husbands are part of them too
Those who loot the public fund are part of them. when one man steals $1billion, is he not insane?
Those who drive against traffic and claim 'right of way' are part of the mentally unsound persons in Nigeria
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by daviddd(m): 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
knowledge4:

Millions of well dressed men walking the streets are not of sound mind, therefore have mental problems
Those who smoke and drink ogogoro gin as early as 5 am at the bus stops are part of them
Those who loot the public fund are part of them. when one man steals $1billion, is he not insane?
Those who drive against traffic and claim 'right of way' are part of the mentally unsound persons in Nigeria

...and those who spend all their time on NL looking for people to bash and talk to anyhow. Mental disorder is a common ailment amongst many Nigerians today. May God heal our land embarassed
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 24, 2015
VickyRotex:

Haba Bros.... I think sey you wan reduce the statistics sef, I no know sey you wan increase am ni... Na who come remain for Naija? With your statistics, it means there must be atleast one in each family then. You know what I mean....
#Runsaway
Read @knowledge4's comment. U think say person must tear shirt, naked, shout, enter street begin eat dirty before u know say dem dey craze? Corporate and semi-corporate craze pple full nigeria nii! I know what I'm saying. There are a lot of problem incidents I witness & I just know d root cause is psychiatric.
As 4 making a comment & running away, hope say u never tear shirt scatter ur hair? U know what I mean grin lol
knowledge4:

A mental case is not necessarily a man who walks the streets naked
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2015
quite possible,cos there is so much stress in the land.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by VickyRotex(f): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Read @knowledge4's comment. U think say person must tear shirt, naked, shout, enter street begin eat dirty before u know say dem dey craze? Corporate and semi-corporate craze pple full nigeria nii! I know what I'm saying. There are a lot of problem incidents I witness & I just know d root cause is psychiatric.
As 4 making a comment & running away, hope say u never tear shirt scatter ur hair? U know what I mean grin lol

Uhnnn Hehehe.... Bro, you mean am **** We are in this together Bro..... *shakes him* you just buttressed my point
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by VickyRotex(f): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by VickyRotex(f): 2:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
ChokolateBoss:

Uhnnn Hehehe.... Bro, you mean am **** We are in this together Bro..... *shakes him* you just buttressed my point
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by redsun(m): 2:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
Most of them will be found in churches speaking in tongues.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2015
meshacha1:

21million people is not almost 1% of our population; unless u mean we're slightly above 2.1billion. Now ur margin of error don dey make me wonder whether u dey mentally ok grin. The margin is wide enof 2 contain evry1 in yaba left grin

meshacha1:

So children and elderly people can't have mental problems? Are mental illnesses such as alzheimer not mostly associated with older people?

meshacha1:

Really? And this ur analysis shows that u're sane? grin

meshacha1:

Chai! Only 19 'sane' people? grin
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by redsun(m): 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
The statistics is quite wrong. An average Nigerian,including the so-called leaders are insane. I don't think there are up to 21 million mentally fit in Nigeria. If there are,the country won't be in the sorry state that it is in today.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by babestella: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2015
afuye:
This disclosure was made by the Medical Director of the Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital (FNH),Yaba, Lagos, Rahman Lawal.

21 million Nigerians are currently living with psychiatric disorders, according to an expert.
This disclosure was made by the Medical Director of the Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital (FNH),Yaba, Lagos, Rahman Lawal.

Dr. Lawal also spoke, in an interview with ThisDay, on the misconceptions surrounding mental illnesses in Nigeria and the incessant strikes by medical professionals in the country.

Excerpts can be found on the links below:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201502191101.html

http://naijafussion..com/2015/02/21-million-nigerians-have-mental.html

[size=14pt]All the 21 million are APC supporters and their leaders. By the special Grace of God they will be healed after March 28 when GEJ wins the election.[/size]
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2015
redsun:
Most of them will be found in churches speaking in tongues.
Buhahahahahahahahahahaha....and hoping to turn billionaires by giving their pastors their hard-earned life's savings grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Health Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making / Soot Increasing Infertility In Men In Rivers State - Dr. Dienye Briggs / 9-Year-Old Girl Falls From 3-Storey Building In Rivers, Survives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.