Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria. (4111 Views)

Too Late To Save Divided, Hostile, Unequal Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi / The Babaric Claim Of Southeaat Being Hostile To Non-indigens. / Southwest The Most Hostile And Volatile Region, SW A Peaceful Myth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria. by anonym0us: 5:12am On Mar 04, 2015
Mtchewww
Re: 5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria. by Masterclass32: 6:42am On Mar 04, 2015
Op's got insight.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria. by ITbomb(m): 7:08am On Mar 04, 2015
It seems the BRICs nations are currently doing better than the MINTs nations.

Nigeria urgently needs new allies, the US don't think beyond the dollar
Re: 5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria. by PedroJP(m): 8:14am On Mar 04, 2015
nabiz:
I know all these before. The reason I have not posted this because I have a lot of issues to tackle with my brain.

The west can never do u good. 90% of there contribution to solve african problem creats a bigger problem in the future. They have sweet mouth. Ask them for bread, the will give u stone and give reasons why stone is better than bread. They very trckish

They are international political God father.
They indirectly dictect who will rule every african country to influence our both political and economic policies and any african president that fail to cooperate with them will be tommented and or removed through international media and there agent through lobbing eg. united nations,

They have there agent in every country, government organisation even in nairaland. AM SUSPECTING THEY WANT TO USE APC TO ACHIEVE THEIR GOAL. Nigerians have to be alart for their infection because i strongly believe the have indirectly infected apc, though buhari may disappoint them if elected as gej is also presently dispointing them.

I have much to say but lack the time. Let be wise in selecting our leaders by analysing there relationship between the west.

Right, they'v always wanted a situation where we lebel our GEJ clueless and then take up arms to remove him but all their media incitations are not working on Nigerians as it's working in other countries. Here in Nigeria, we only use our mouth against the government just like them(USA), our citizens value lives more than them USA but they fail to understand that though they are beginning to understand that. Reason why an international journalist angrily said we behave like pple with monkey brains allowing our president do watever he wishes with our lives. There major aim is to see uprising in Nigeria then, they will come in take side probably to remove GEJ but Nigerians are not dancing to their tunes. We dance shoki yl they play Etigi dance. Southerners for Naija value their lives well well even among agitations to separate.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria. by PedroJP(m): 8:21am On Mar 04, 2015
Who is even saying insurgebcy is as a result of poverty ? Are Islam faithfuls only the ones faced with poverty ? Are other religions living wealthier than Islam. All over the world, no violence without Islam. Wat are they trying to achieve ? Simply a situation where they force their Allah(religion) whether angel or na devil on the whole world, calls to mind a case of Biblical anti-Christ and its operations. They shall be conquered.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria. by agabaI23(m): 3:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
@vikkie14
You have spoken well man/woman

I share the same thought with you and some may dismiss these with a wave but that's what America wants us to believe.

Angela Merkel said a few years back that any African country that refuses to sign the Euro-African trade treaty shout forget about their aids and I was like, so they have to threaten us to sign an agreement. Thank God GEJ refused till today.

I think its part of the EU's angry with Nigeria too

Well done oo

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The US Is Hostile To Nigeria. by Image123(m): 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2015
Vikkie14:
Since the inception of the terrorist onslaught in 2009, the relationship between Nigeria and US have become sore because the US had failed to supply Nigeria the "needed" weapon to suppress BokoHaram. Here are some reasons i think the bi-lateral relationship is "SEVERELY" severed.

1. PIB

Why the west is suddenly so hostile to Nigeria and is actively fighting us across the local and global media. At last i think i have it---Its the "Petroleum Industry Bill", which is with the National Assembly. If passed in its current form, all the International Oil Companies (who are mainly western) would have to settle for a much reduced take than they currently get. Meanwhile the Eastern oil Companies (China, Korea, India) are apparently itching to come in and take up those oil blocks.
They have been pressuring GEJ and his team without much success. No wonder everything the Nigerian Government does now is wrong, and they deserve no help.
I may be wrong but i cant think of any other major areas of disagreement. Hope they havent made a deal with the (presumed) incoming government.

2. EBOLA

When the 'biological-terrorist' Patrick sawyer, landed in Lagos with the mission to inflict the "incurable" ebola virus on Nigeria, it was met with stiff resistance from the medical angle. The quick period we are able to fast-track and contain Ebola is something that baffles the whole world. We added salt to the sore throat when NIGERIA WAS USED AS A GOOD "ROLE MODEL" WHICH THE WORLD SHOULD EMULATE. Don't forget also that US send medical personnel to come and study how we are able to Identify, Isolate and Insulate ebola victims within a short time.
Someone is wondering why, the word "terrorist" surface here, i may have to do a minor flashback to when the sawyer was still in Liberia. The CCTV clips shows him "avoiding" his country men at the airport in order not to infect them with the virus. But when he got to Nigeria, he was seen handshaking, 'touching' people. If you still think he is not a biological terrorist and that he doesn't have a mission, WHAT ABOUT THE AGGRESSION HE SHOW, WHEN HE REMOVED THE DRIPS AND URINATE(pee) ON THE MEDICAL STAFFs ATTENDING TO HIM AT THE LAGOS HOSPITAL?? Think again about the "Liberian-AMERICAN" patrick-sawyer.

3. LGBT right

Their gay rights issue is another one.
I have always said that, watch any government which the west disagrees with. More often than not, they are actually doing something right and beneficial for their own country--- the west is only interested in slaves it can boss around.
The same America have not so much as cared about Boko haram and over 10,000 civilians who have had their throats slits and killed, But postpone an election and all of a sudden, they are up in arms.
The rabid hypocrisy is utterly breathtaking.

4. AFRICOM

Is it also possible that we are paying for opposing the relocation of US Africa Command from Europe to Africa? Think about it, we are seen as a "threat" to their 'power grabbing' style in Africa, hence their hatred to us.
Both and many more, last black bastion of defense against the 2nd and remote colonization and scramble for africa it’ resources and market for western products,

5. ECONOMY

Nigeria is undoubtedly a regional power and economic block that would take away the western dominance. It is all about the Benjamins, it has always been that, only African have refused to get it, always looking for Help or Handout. the free things are the most expensive. later you would get the ploy behind the visa lottery and also free gift Naval ships. We should be aware that we are a "future threat" to their 'economical dominance'.
Currently, Nigeria is Africa Biggest Economy, the 3rd Fastest Growing Economy(in the world, coming behind China and Qatar), and also, Nigeria is among the MINT(the next world economy power house) country of countries whose economy will become extremely buoyant. MINT is an acronym for Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey. Nigeria surely is bound to be Africa Economy Hub--- a issue giving the western sleepless night.

Below is the MINT table.

This is my own opinion though.
Please share your view.

The West is not hostile to us, neither is our relationship severely severed. They simply made a choice not to sell to us. Business is not by force. We should stop all this childish talk about the West not helping us, they don't need to in the first instance. This same government prides itself in any flimsy positive thing the West says about Nigeria or the government. If Obama says today that GEJ is handsome, they will include it in achievements point and campaign. We should stop the inferiority complex. We are allegedly an independent nation since 1960.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan We Are Sorry. / Unconfirmed: Soldiers On Rampage In Ogoni After Militants Killed Some Soldiers / See What Governor Okorocha Spent Over A Billion Naira To Build.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.