Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Advice To The Electorates Before Heading To The Polls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advice To The Electorates Before Heading To The Polls (673 Views)

‘factors That Aided Apc’s Victory At The Polls’ - Tinubu's Aide, Dare, Reveals / Pics: Head-to-head Performance Of APC And PDP at The Polls / Why Buhari Wins All The Polls Online(opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice To The Electorates Before Heading To The Polls by bubablaize: 5:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
As we head into the polls in roughly about a months time i want to take this opportunity to remind us that this election is not what some will call "business as usual" because not only the fact that the election is going to be a two horse race unlike the past where we had roughly about two to three popular candidates, with all indications this is going to be by far the most tightest of all elections since the inception of our premature democracy.
some scholars are of the opinion that this might be a make or break point for our very young democracy, due to the heightened tension that is building up prior to the election. this off course can be attested to some inciting statements that is heating the already boiling political landscape by some individuals. but none the less we must face the real issues that are facing us on a day to day bases. due to the magnitude of importance of the elections we the electorates must try not to be bias, sentimental, ethnocentric and ultimately we must put aside our religious sentiments.
Finally the most pressing question that i think we should be asking ourselves before heading to the polls is surprisingly a very simple one: "AM I BETTER OFF OR WORSE OFF WITHIN THE LAST 6 YEARS OF THIS ADMINISTRATION". And the same goes for the opposition. We should be critical when assesing both candidates and not by mere propaganda that we are been fed with on social media and other patforms. the fact is i wouldn't expect someone who has benefitted immensely on this administration's agricultural programme to go and vote for another candidate based on ethnic or religious divide. that i presume would be selfish. at the same time i don't expect those whose daughters are among the abducted chibok girls to go on and vote for this administration, well lets just say their daughters won't be happy. to my resolve i want to use this opportunity to remind the honourable citizens of this country that the power to transform this country is in our hands and we should not let our judgements be clouded by sentiments, i pray that we have a successful and peaceful elections come march 28 and april 4.
God bless you
God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Professor Osinbajo To Hold “conversations For Change” With Young Professionals! / Armed Robbers Stab A Hotel Manager In Epe Lagos Dead(pictured) / Buhari: Bad Omen For Fayose (read, It Is Instructive)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.