Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,789 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) (73550 Views)

Dangote Rolls Out Nigeria-assembled Trucks, Targets 10,000 Vehicles / Made-in-nigeria Cars Not Feasible By 2017 – Jalal / Amazing Nigeria Cars Used In The 90's(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by fandango: 9:55pm On Feb 20, 2015
dustmalik:
Buhari plans to bring Rolls-Royce and Bentley, so this is nothing. I would rather aim high than low.
Your right my brother,so that only Tinubu,Ameachi,Lai Mohamed,Murtala Nyako and Atiku can afford and you wil continue to be thier internet gladiator who never see anything good.

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Rbkreal(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
Would they be making d Nissan GT-R ?
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by 100Cents: 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
[size=15] The other day, about a week ago, Osinbajo said he will reduce the price of tokunboh vehicles if they win [/size]

I was like, wtf, an illiterate professor who knows nothing about economics and job creation..

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by ba7man(m): 9:56pm On Feb 20, 2015
anonimi:

Kindly tell us what other presidents before Jonathan did to diversify our economy away from Niger Delta oil revenue so we can reduce the impact of falling oil prices on our exchange rate.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2015660_1956047buhariputinjpega1c80503779e5369918f08eaaec9512e_bin_jpeg77fd9feb47dedc7f65132080818127b8
The dwindling Federation, excess crude account and current exchange rate is a positive result of this diversification, right?

We keep hearing but the reality is always different.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by anonimi: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
theSpark:
Exactly the point I wanted to raise. Those cars must not be for domestic sales. Heck if Nigerians can not afford them they would be good for export = forex for us.

Bad bellus people all over the forum but that won't stop good news being shared.

Banks to offer four-year car loans at 10% – Aganga

he Federal Government is to launch a car financing scheme involving both local and international banks by November.

This, according to Dr. Olusegun Aganga, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, will effectively put an end to the cash-and-carry mentality, while ensuring that many enjoy financing support in their desire to acquire new cars at cheaper cost.

Addressing newsmen on Thursday in Lagos on progress made in the government’s automotive policy, Aganga said the ongoing discussions involves ensuring that Nigerians get such loans at the rate of about 10 per cent, thereby reducing the cost significantly, over a four-year term.

“The Federal Government is not creating a pool of funds, but encouraging banks to buy-in, and we are working with them to reduce the interest rate and they have agreed. Government has brought the rate down close to about 10 per cent. The pool of funds can be as big as (the banks) want it, based on commercial consideration,” he added.

The Minister said the import duties for cars remain 35 per cent and no more.

Making clarifications, he said just as in the sugar industry, backward integration is ongoing in the automobile industry, following which global car manufacturing brands like Nissan, Peugeot Leyland, among others, have already started local assembly of their various brands.

He said, whereas the real duty is 35 per cent for those who have set up plants and are engaged in production in the country, auto dealers who have not invested in backward integration by acquiring land, and setting up their plants for manufacturing would be charged 70 per cent for importing new vehicles. The used vehicles, he explained, would remain at the rate of 35 per cent.

Aganga said the 14 vehicle assembly plant owners, under the new policy and to help meet the supply and demand gap in the meantime, would continue import new cars at 35 per cent. They would however pay zero duty when importing Completely Knocked Down (CKD) parts; while the first type of Semi-CKD is to attract five per cent duty; and the second grade- 10 per cent.

He said this brings the blended rate for the new, CDK and both classes of Semi-CKDs to about 20 per cent.

More from: http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/07/banks-offer-four-year-car-loans-10-aganga/
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by TBrownAuto(m): 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2015
More accident on Nigeria road the main problem with this will be standard control and safty they will not be resposible for any error during assmbly
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by anonimi: 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
ba7man:
The dwindling Federation, excess crude account and current exchange rate is a positive result of this diversification, right?

We keep hearing but the reality is always different.

E be like sey you nor see my question wey you bin quote so make I repeat am for you again:

Kindly tell us what other presidents before Jonathan did to diversify our economy away from Niger Delta oil revenue so we can reduce the impact of falling oil prices on our exchange rate.

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by 100Cents: 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
ba7man:
Non of the posters above me can afford a brand new Nissan. #FACT. cheesy

Yes, even if we cannot afford it, it created jobs for Nigerians.

But its a good move in the right direction. Those cars would have still been imported by dealers without this automative policy shift and it won't create a single job.

You don't know how big the Nigerian market is.

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by thaneviller(m): 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ikengawo:

Hehehe....nissan did something that would boost their sales...its jonathan workin....bitch please

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Soso990240(m): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
Ikengawo, idont see them rolling out buses o, so don't blame oyo state for not patronizing nigeria made products.
una don patronise Innoson finish?
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by anonimi: 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2015
TBrownAuto:
More accident on Nigeria road the main problem with this will be standard control and safty they will not be resposible for any error during assmbly

I guess the first cars made many decades ago by our "superior" oyinbo people were super safe abi nor be so

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by ceexcel(m): 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2015
dustmalik:
Buhari plans to bring Rolls-Royce and Bentley, so this is nothing. I would rather aim high than low.

Guy which yr GMB wan bring rolls royce ??

In ur widest dreams...,.... Go to sleep and thank GEJ when u awake.

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by tonychristopher: 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
lastpage:

Vehicles were produced but only a dolt like you would not appreciate that "production done MANUALLY can NEVER compete with one done with AUTOMATION"

"Automation", especially in vehicle manufacturing, makes products easier to produce, on a very large scale and cheaper in terms of cost and eventual sale-price!
We are in 2015 and your lineage are still stuck in 1935?

Do l have to lecture you on basic things?

If l need respect, l prefer it to come from INTELLIGENT FOLKS... not some internet trolling bunch of hypocrites

BTW: I can tell you one thing my ancestors NEVER produced: [size=18pt]It is GENETICALLY STEWPID, SELF DEPRECATING BUFFOONS LIKE YOUR LINEAGE[/size]
grin grin tongue

Lastpage!
Your ancestors were lazying around.that I know for sure

Now what makes you think that robot assembled cars are better with all these recalls by Toyota

Cars like lamborghini rolls and lotus are precision and hand made cars with few units produced

I think education is wasted on you

When cat where assembled with hand st had few recalls in 80s

Give me a recall then ....I hope you know what is a recall

Go and be productive and stop hating

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by anonimi: 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
thaneviller:
Hehehe....nissan did something that would boost their sales...its jonathan workin....bitch please

And the Nissan sales were not boosted by the tokunbos we have been importing since when we had clueless presidents before resilient Jonathan came on board

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by bid4rich(m): 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
obamartins:
This is what APC goons have refused to see, they kept shouting change and couldn't realize the change is here already. GEJ till 2019. The Transformation/Change of Nigeria has started, Haters should go on exile.

BMW has also shown interest in building a plant in Nigeria due to the incessant Labour tussles in South Africa. Toyota, Ford, others in the pipeline, more jobs for our teaming youths and someone has the guts to call GEJ "clueless"? "clueless" definitely got a new meaning. I want to be "clueless" if this is what it means.

Singing......they wan be President
they no get paper o
they wan be president
Naa wah ooooo.

Maybe their own change is to go back to bicycle and then to legedez benz. What change are they talking about sef? Cant they see that Change is here already? Well! Some people can be blind sha o

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Truckpusher(m): 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
anonimi:

I guess the first cars made many decades ago by our "superior" oyinbo people were super safe abi nor be so
These people are the real enemy of Nigeria.

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
Congratulations!! cool

Not bad at all! Does anybody know about the safety records of those vehicles?
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by harry509: 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ikengawo:

well dats gud. Bt my view is dis hw many averange nigerian's can aford it?
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by ba7man(m): 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
100Cents:

Yes, even if we cannot afford it, it created jobs for Nigerians.

But its a good move in the right direction. Those cars would have still been imported by dealers without this automative policy shift and it won't create a single job.

You don't know how big the Nigerian market is.
If people are not financially empowered, they won't buy. If the car companies don't sell in the right quantities, they pack up and leave.

A thriving economy is directly tied to the automobile industry. Nigeria's economy is being run aground for now.
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by tonychristopher: 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
100Cents:
[size=15] The other day, about a week ago, Osinbajo said he will reduce the price of tokunboh vehicles if they win [/size]

I was like, wtf, an illiterate professor who knows nothing about economics and job creation..

So yoi noticed that

Well I am not suprise with his utterance . That 8s what we see . The effects on quantitative free education

The daft prof wants Nigeria to be dumping ground a junk yard
Imagine his students

I weep for education

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by anonimi: 10:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
Truckpusher:
These people are real the enemy of Nigeria.

They are not simply enemies of Nigeria.

They are their very own worst enemies. Simply self-hating loafers who prefer people to make them perpetual area boys and almajiris who must be dashed change anyhow.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2081946_change_jpeg1d261807316c13729a0ba23ee58934ff

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2109925_apcrice_jpeg06b57e3449c63adc67ba5a32196c4478

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by 100Cents: 10:11pm On Feb 20, 2015
ba7man:
If people are not financially empowered, they won't buy. If the car companies don't sell in the right quantities, they pack up and leave.

A thriving economy is directly tied to the automobile industry. Nigeria's economy is being run aground for now.

GEJ is not only stimulating the automobile sector of the economy. Many other sectors are being stimulated. Farmers, artisans, employees of govt will soon start buying those cars.

There is no way an economy is developing rapidly and you tell me that disposable income won't increase.

I won't tell you what is currently happening in the construction industry. There is a boom, ask any builder, architect or civil engineer.

Career real estate investors are smiling.

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by papaskino(m): 10:13pm On Feb 20, 2015
Cool. Up GEJ !!!!!

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by sani99: 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
WONDERFUL! apc will not see this giant stride,GEJ certainly has good vision for Nigeria,He has created this enabling environment.
Inosson is also there,Job are being created for Nigerians,
UP GEJ....TILL 2019

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by anonimi: 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2015
ba7man:

Please tell us what previous presidents before Jonathan did to "financially empower" Nigerians in a sustainable manner all these decades.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2091112_standinlinebuhari2_jpeg5da45922609295bad2b14039227bdcd1

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by Akpan107(m): 10:17pm On Feb 20, 2015
GhaliNaaba:
Fraud of a policy, yeye baka. You put Cart before horse and expect miracle you people are failure for supporting this shallow Idea, tell me where they see iron they used for the car?
What about the tyre and the others. Our iron production must be working to the full capacity first and the electricity must be regular. You take part of motor to Nigeria for assemblage and you are celebrating. Group of failures.
If GEJ still advertise his achievement of 6 years, it meand he did nothing.
Nigeria has decide to March Buhari into Aso rock and GEJ out from Aso rock.
APC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are only being frustrated by GEJ's achievment... Congratulate him for once!

Buhari is not fit to rule Nigeria, and will never be president again.

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by PMONEY6: 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
[quote author=obamartins post=30921516]This is what APC goons have refused to see, they kept shouting change and couldn't realize the change is here already. GEJ till 2019. The Transformation/Change of Nigeria has started, Haters should go on exile.

BMW has also shown interest in building a plant in Nigeria due to the incessant Labour tussles in South Africa. Toyota, Ford, others in the pipeline, more jobs for our teaming youths and someone has the guts to call GEJ "clueless"? "clueless" definitely got a new meaning. I want to be "clueless" if this is what it means.

Singing......they wan be President
they no get paper o
they wan be president
Naa wah ooooo.

Na Mr clueless dey make the cars? I think sometime August last year, Nisan introduced "first Made In Nigeria" cars" which one be this ones again? Second first made in Nigeria carsss? Hehehehehe
Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by lastpage: 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
ba7man:
My point is......Do you strengthen the economy before encouraging such policies, or you wreck the economy and hope people will still magically be able to afford these cars.

People's wages are falling and you want them to buy brand new cars they couldn't afford in the first place.

If they don't sell in the right numbers, these same companies will pack up and leave.

Most of these people dont know their left from their right hand.
Buying and Selling may not be that difficult as long as you can mix some "fake products" in-between to even-out your profit.

But when it comes to basic economics of a surviving business, these clowns are on a long thing.

For example:
Let us assume South Africa (just for examples sake) which has about 50,000MW of electricity manufactures this same car that is supposedly manufactured by Innoson, [size=18pt]with automation due to stable electricity[/size].....

*In terms of numbers, it will produce about 10,000 units..... when Nigeria is still labouring over 50units using [size=18pt]manual production due to lack of Electricity[/size]
*If S/Africa uses ten men to supplement that automation...... Nigeria will need like 500 men. to produce that 20 in a month

Now, when we look at COST of PRODUCTION ( WAGES of Workers, materials, ground space, e.t.c), you will easily see that to break-even, Nigeria might need to sell its own vehicle for say $50,000 ...to cover all cost and still make small profit..

While S/Africa may just sell its own at $20,00 each to cover all costs and make profit.

So, all things being equal, (lets even assume all other factors like quality of the vehicle are the same) in a globalized market place, who will buy the same vehicle for TWICE THE PRICE,... when they can get it cheaper elsewhere for HALF THE PRICE?

If the Plant does not sell its STOCK, it will become short on operating funds (except maybe Jonathan will start subsidizing it as well, just like Fuel! grin )
In a short while, it will fold-up! ...or perpetually depend on Govt subvention
This is one of the reasons products from China for example, could sell very cheap (automation leading to mass production)

We use to have the likes of Volkswagen, Peugeot, FIAT, and many more "Vehicle Assembly" in this country (and many more textiles industries who rely on constant power supply) in the past but one after another, they fold-up due to "bad operating environment".

You can build a "White Elelphant Project" like this, just to fool those who have no sense but in a short while, your folly would be exposed.

A sensible Govt will first focus on INFRASTRUCTURE..... the most important being ELECTRICITY.
With that in place, all other developmental projects will be come sustainable

Lastpage!

Re: Nissan Rolls Out First 'Made-In-Nigeria' Cars (Photos) by ArthurADM(m): 10:20pm On Feb 20, 2015
The Assembly Point is located at Volkswagen of Nigeria Complex at Ojo volks bus-stop, used by Stallion Group to assemble Nissan & Hyundai cars and also Ashok layland buses which are converted to SURE-P..... Come see for yourself, I work in the premises.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Odometer: Kilometer Vs Miles / Nigerian Who Bought ₦1 Billion Chevrolet In Turkey Arrested (Pics, Video) / Meet Jowi Zazaa, A Nigerian Who Bought Lamborghini Aventador Worth N115m - Pics

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56