Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers (68717 Views)

Hey Book Lovers! What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? / Would This Fly For Book Lovers? / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Nobleking2000(m): 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
Drefan2:
Alright. Since here is a haven for booklovers such as myself, I think it will be in everyone's interest if we post links to books we have that others may desire and do our best to help in any way we can.

Here is an epub site containing thousands of books of many authors:
http://english.htu.cn/ePub.html

Below are some books you will find there on the site:

- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene

- Stephen Kings

- Dan Browns

- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

- The Harry Potter series

- The Wheel of Time series

- Percy Jackson series

- Lord of The Rings series

- Robert Ludlums

- The Godfather by Mario Puzo

- Nora Roberts

- George Owells

- Charles Dickens

- John Grishams

- Agatha Christies

- Terry Goodkinds

- Game of Thrones series

- Pride and Prejudice

- The Notebook

- king Solomon's mines & Treasure Island

- James Bond series

. . . And countless others.

which app for I have downloaded some books but it keeps telling me file cannot open. I use tecno L5
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Obinoscopy(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
queenfav:
#fortheloveofbooks I started reading Oprah winfrey's book titled "what i know for sure".Its filled with insightful wisdom alongside tit bits of her autobiography.She wrote;
"When was the last time you laughed till your sides hurt? Or smiled so hard your eyes crinkled?More to the point, if your life ended tomorrow, what would you regret not doing? If this were the last day of your life, would you spend it the way you’re spending today?The gift of deciding to face your mortality without turning away or flinching is the gift of recognizing that because you will die, you must live now. Whether you flounder or flourish is always in your hands—you are the single biggest influence in your life.Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.
You have the choice this very moment—the only moment you have for certain. I hope you aren’t so wrapped up in nonessential stuff that you forget to really enjoy yourself—because this moment is about to be over. I hope you’ll look back and remember today as the day you decided to make every moment count, to relish each hour as if there would never be another. And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."

On her love for reading;

"Give me a great novel or memoir, some tea, and a cozy spot to curl up in, and I’m in heaven! I love to live in another person’s thoughts; I marvel at the bonds I feel with people who come alive on the page, regardless of how different their circumstances might be from mine. I not only feel I know these people, but I also recognize more of myself. Insight, information, knowledge, inspiration, power: All that and more can come through a good book."

I am literally in book heaven,savoring each page like i never want this book to get to the end.
Wow, I'm overwhelmed. I think everyone need to read that book, myself inclusive. I've always Oprah as one who loves books.

#ForTheLoveOfBooks
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by peddy231(m): 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
Nobleking2000:

which app for I have downloaded some books but it keeps telling me file cannot open. I use tecno L5
Download pocketbook app. It opens epub books.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by peddy231(m): 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
Nobleking2000:

Download pocketbook app. It opens epub books.
#for the love of books
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Abuklaw(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2016
queenfav:
#fortheloveofbooks I started reading Oprah winfrey's book titled "what i know for sure".Its filled with insightful wisdom alongside tit bits of her autobiography.She wrote;
"When was the last time you laughed till your sides hurt? Or smiled so hard your eyes crinkled?More to the point, if your life ended tomorrow, what would you regret not doing? If this were the last day of your life, would you spend it the way you’re spending today?The gift of deciding to face your mortality without turning away or flinching is the gift of recognizing that because you will die, you must live now. Whether you flounder or flourish is always in your hands—you are the single biggest influence in your life.Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out, and live fully.
You have the choice this very moment—the only moment you have for certain. I hope you aren’t so wrapped up in nonessential stuff that you forget to really enjoy yourself—because this moment is about to be over. I hope you’ll look back and remember today as the day you decided to make every moment count, to relish each hour as if there would never be another. And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."

On her love for reading;

"Give me a great novel or memoir, some tea, and a cozy spot to curl up in, and I’m in heaven! I love to live in another person’s thoughts; I marvel at the bonds I feel with people who come alive on the page, regardless of how different their circumstances might be from mine. I not only feel I know these people, but I also recognize more of myself. Insight, information, knowledge, inspiration, power: All that and more can come through a good book."

I am literally in book heaven,savoring each page like i never want this book to get to the end.
Thanks for sharing excerpts of her book. The one I read here uplifts my mood at the moment. There is absolute and unrivalled joy in books.

#fortheloveofbooks
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Carlcaresophia: 8:04am On Aug 26, 2016
Nobleking2000:

Hello Nobleking2000, you can try to download other version of the books, or try to download other reader app. Thank you!
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by sinizia: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
luxanne:

Hey Sinizia,

Been a crazy while, trust you've been good. smiley

Sorry for my late reply, I had a hectic rain filled week.

Not until Dark quoted you did I realize that you're still around these parts. You really keep a low profile. I wish I could too.

Yeah, I've been good except for the usual curveballs life keeps throwing my way but which will be defeated as time goes on.

How are you? And how's life treating ya?
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by quintybabe(f): 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
There hasn't been any activity in here for awhile, it's like we are no longer reading or we choose not to share with others anymore
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2016
sinizia:

Sorry for my late reply, I had a hectic rain filled week.

Not until Dark quoted you did I realize that you're still around these parts. You really keep a low profile. I wish I could too.

Yeah, I've been good except for the usual curveballs life keeps throwing my way but which will be defeated as time goes on.

How are you? And how's life treating ya?

smiley smiley

Really good to know you are alright, I am as well, can't really complain.

You should be around on the NCC thread, I just created it and you were tagged on it. Suggestions on how to be better are always welcome.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
Obinoscopy:
So so sorry for going AWOL. I'm back now.

Cc: LuxLuv

smiley smiley

OK, I have read till chapter 2 and I must confess, book ain't a bore.

My imaginations are well ignited as I read through and then I chuckle at the sense of humor used plus the fact that the book is purely Nigerian also. This is a book one can easily relate to and visualise.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 8:57am On Aug 31, 2016
kaybams1:

Obinoscopy has gone AWOL....would have been a good review partner.

Thanks smiley

Read the book as well?
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by AfricanApple(f): 9:59am On Aug 31, 2016
luxanne:

smiley smiley

OK, I have read till chapter 2 and I must confess, book ain't a bore.

My imaginations are well ignited as I read through and then I chuckle at the sense of humor used plus the fact that the book is purely Nigerian also. This is a book one can easily relate to and visualise.
biko, the name of the book. no wasting time grin
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by TheLityard: 10:25am On Aug 31, 2016
Hello everyone. Project Gutenberg is a good site to source free books too, especially the classics. And planetebook.com #Fortheloveofbooks

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
AfricanApple:
biko, the name of the book. no wasting time grin

grin

It's called Americanah dear by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by AfricanApple(f): 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
luxanne:

grin

It's called Americanah dear by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
oh! is that interesting? I'm not so enthusiastic about it
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2016
AfricanApple:
oh! is that interesting? I'm not so enthusiastic about it

Yeah it was for me. The Nigerian twist and all got me or perhaps it's because of her flawless writing.

First time reading one of her books.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by AfricanApple(f): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2016
luxanne:

Yeah it was for me. The Nigerian twist and all got me or perhaps it's because of her flawless writing.

First time reading one of her books.
I will go for it. I've read half of a yellow sun which is very interesting and its about biafra, one of her other novel is also about Biafra, so I just believe most of her novels will be about that
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nice thread... . wink
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kataleya(f): 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
MidasTouche01:

I have all the series....

I just finished reading the Lost Symbol, now moving on to Inferno (these books are addictive)

pls can you sende all Dan Brown's books that you have? I sent you a pm
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kataleya(f): 9:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
Zonacom:
#fortheloveofbooks I enjoy reading legal and crime thrillers especially those authored by my favourite writers- John Grisham, Philip margolin, David Baldacci and their likes. I've read 4 of Dan Browns bestsellers and can't wait to lay my hands on Inferno and the Lost symbol. Brown is a beast I must say. Recently I came across another captivating writer, Robin Cook. The man is a Master of medical thriller. After reading just one of Cook's books, I've decided to go back to medical school.
I also enjoy reading Micheal Chrichton and other Science fiction bestsellers. However, I dislike Romance novels and also find it very hard to read any inspirational book from start to finish. I also wish to add more of Religious and philosophical books to my Library but I really don't enjoy reading them. I remember one family friend of ours once said the kind of books i read will only make me wise in things of the world and not of the spirit. Do you guys think he's right? Anybody like me in the house?

pls can you send me any book by Robin Cook? I love medical thrillers. send to eddyvilla4luv@yahoo.com

#fortheloveofbooks
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kataleya(f): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
kaybams1:

I have heartbreak, Malice, Passion's promise, Sisters, The gift.
pls i would greatly appreciate you sending me Danielle steel novels. i ve bin trying to download some to no avail. pls send to eddyvilla4luv@yahoo.com

Received. thanks

#fortheloveofbooks
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Zonacom(m): 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
kataleya:

pls can you send me any book by Robin Cook? I love medical thrillers. send to eddyvilla4luv@yahoo.com

#fortheloveofbooks
Unfortunately i don't have any soft copy at the moment. where do you stay?
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by MidasTouche01(m): 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2016
kataleya:

pls can you sende all Dan Brown's books that you have? I sent you a pm

I sent u all the books in Dan Brown series...
*Angels and Demons
* DaVinci's Code
* Inferno
* Lost Symbol

And I included my new collections
* Deception Point
* Digital Fortress

Bon Appetit tongue
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by siralos135: 9:56am On Sep 07, 2016
MidasTouche01:

*Angels and Demons
* DaVinci's Code
* Inferno
* Lost Symbol

* Deception Point
* Digital Fortress

Bon Appetit tongue

Bro....kindly do the same for me.my email is seeolusolaopaleye@gmail.com
Thanks and God bless.
"Fortheloveofbooks#
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kaybams1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
luxanne:

Thanks smiley

Read the book as well?

Nah...have been inundated with different reviews and summaries from friends so just felt no point.....#fortheloveofbooks
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by elawnika(m): 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
Evening, everyone!!
I'm Ojo, a book lover and a student. I recently created a WhatsApp group for book lovers in Nigeria. You get to discuss your favourite titles and genres and connect with like minded people from around Nigeria. Whether your preference is Harry Potter style Fantasy, Joe Abercrombie style Grimdark, hot steamy romance, sci-fi, historical fiction, chicklit, or thrillers, you'll find fellow book lovers.

We also share ebooks and provide ways to acquire and read the latest books from the most popular authors, whether you use an Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Symbian or a Java Phone.

Best of all, you get to geek out with fellow book lovers. There's also monthly group reads, as well as group meet ups.

If you're interested in joining the group, you can message me via WhatsApp on 08090620990. Or you can drop your WhatsApp number so I can add you.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
AfricanApple:
I will go for it. I've read half of a yellow sun which is very interesting and its about biafra, one of her other novel is also about Biafra, so I just believe most of her novels will be about that

Oh, I see.

But am yet to 'see' Biafra in americanah, so far so good, it's been a fun read.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
kaybams1:

Nah...have been inundated with different reviews and summaries from friends so just felt no point.....#fortheloveofbooks

Can't still be compared to your reading it. We all have differing imaginations you know.

So which book are you reading now?
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kaybams1(m): 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
luxanne:

Can't still be compared to your reading it. We all have differing imaginations you know.

So which book are you reading now?

The family by mario puzo
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by luxanne(f): 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2016
kaybams1:

The family by mario puzo

I've heard that name @ mario puzo.
Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by kaybams1(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
luxanne:

I've heard that name @ mario puzo.
The Godfather should ring a bell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers by Freeezzz(m): 3:02am On Sep 18, 2016
MidasTouche01:

*Angels and Demons
* DaVinci's Code
* Inferno
* Lost Symbol

* Deception Point
* Digital Fortress

Bon Appetit tongue
I don't mind also, biko. smiley
Thanks sire.
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (30) (Reply)

For A Woman "Put To Bed" As Given Birth. How Correct Is It / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! / Matrimony Of Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.