Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 (11018 Views)

Nigerian AnthonyJoshua vs Wladimir Klitschko Might Be The Biggest Fight Of 2017 / Larry Ekundayo Defeats Joseph Lamptey In Boxing Battle(photos) / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao - Boxing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by kliq(m): 11:42am On Feb 21, 2015
amanze15:
richest fight indeed niggas would retire after that fight I think
lol

Hopefully,Mayweather is straight businessman

The Money Team
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by 100Cents: 11:44am On Feb 21, 2015
Truth234:

You are right, they are old yet the young ones like Canelo, Victor Ottis, T Bradley etc can't put them down. The issue is not this amazing fighters, the issue is boxing not producing their equals.

Get Wladimir Klitschko to retire first before heavy weight boxing die finally.

I watched Floyd Mayweather deal with Canelo Alvaris

Floyd is a fighter..
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by 50calibre(m): 11:47am On Feb 21, 2015
Long over due fight!! This fight could have been perfect 4/5 years ago when pacquiao was unbeaten.

Now how many fans still crave this fight? I'm really shocked at the purse on offer for the fight, $120 million for 36 minutes work at most, I will gladly take on Pacquiao for that amount of money grin

This is ridiculous, it's no longer about the pugilist art, it's now about the money and I have a feeling fans are going to be massively disappointed with that fight. Floyd is likely to turn up in his usual boring defensive style and duck for twelve rounds ultimately leaving the score cards to decide the winner.

1 Like

Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by 100Cents: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2015
See what Wikipedia gave us.

Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Mayweather in June 2011
Statistics
Real name Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
Nickname(s) Pretty Boy
Money
TBE (The Best Ever)
Rated at Super featherweight (130 lb)
Lightweight (135 lb)
Light welterweight (140 lb)
Welterweight (147 lb)
Light middleweight (154 lb)
Height 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
Reach 72 in (183 cm)
Nationality American
Born February 24, 1977 (age 37)
Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.
Stance Orthodox
Boxing record
Total fights 47
Wins 47
Wins by KO 26

Losses 0
Draws 0
No contests 0
Medal record
Olympic Games
Bronze 1996 Atlanta Featherweight

Manny Pacquiao
Manny Pacquiao

Pacquiao during the opening ceremony of the NCAA Season 87 at the Araneta Coliseum in July 2011.
Statistics
Real name Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao
Nickname(s) Pac-Man,
Ang Pambansang Kamao
(The Nation's Fist),
The Mexicutioner,
The Destroyer,
Fighting Pride of the Philippines,
Pambansang Ninong
(National Godfather),[1]
The Fighting Congressman[citation needed]
The Filipino Slugger[2]
Rated at Flyweight
Super Bantamweight
Featherweight
Super Featherweight
Lightweight
Light Welterweight
Welterweight
Light Middleweight
Height 5 ft 6 1⁄2 in (169 cm)[3]
Reach 67 in (170 cm)
Nationality Filipino
Born December 17, 1978 (age 36)
Kibawe, Bukidnon, Philippines
Stance Southpaw[4]
Boxing record
Total fights 64
Wins 57
Wins by KO 38
Losses 5
Draws 2

No contests

I give this fight to Floyd.. Such a record..
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by SirShymexx: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
Missy89:
At last!

Sirshymexx who are you betting on?

Floyd "Money" Mayweather! grin

He'll make Manny tap-dance like someone who just received the holy ghost fire!!!

Err, Manny is still asleep from the straight punch from Marquez- easy peasy for Money, man!
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by Weah96: 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
50calibre:
Long over due fight!! This fight could have been perfect 4/5 years ago when pacquiao was unbeaten.

Now how many fans still crave this fight? I'm really shocked at the purse on offer for the fight, $120 million for 36 minutes work at most, I will gladly take on Pacquiao for that amount of money grin

This is ridiculous, it's no longer about the pugilist art, it's now about the money and I have a feeling fans are going to be massively disappointed with that fight. Floyd is likely to turn up in his usual boring defensive style and duck for twelve rounds ultimately leaving the score cards to decide the winner.

Pacquiao already had losses 5 years ago before the most recent one where Marquez put him to sleep like a little baby lying in the crib.
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by SirBlack999(m): 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2015
killercute16:
Asin eh...thats like #27,960,000,000 for just at most 3hrs fight.....chai.
Huge sum of money.
Re: Mayweather-Manny: The Biggest Fight In Boxing History Is Set For May 2 by ndubueze92(m): 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
pretty money...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Website That Change My Life To Good / Aiteo Sponsors Nigeria Football Federation / Glo-CAF Award: Nigeria Wins Women's National Team Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.