Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Just Another Day In Otuoke - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Just Another Day In Otuoke (609 Views)

Diamond Bank Branch Mbaise In IMO State Celebrates Children's Day In Style / Photos Of How A Girl Celebrates No Bra Day In Nigeria (18+ Viewers Discription I / Interested In Studying In Federal Uni. Otuoke? APPLY NOW. Deadline Closes In... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just Another Day In Otuoke by holysaint1(m): 7:09am On Feb 21, 2015
Loving, diligent and courageous membas of nl.. This issue am bout to write on, is growing to be one of the most under-rated issues in the banking sect.. Which to me, needs to be talked bout a lil.

It all began when i went to the only banking atm (UBA to be precise)located at Fed Uni Otuoke to make some withdrawal. On sloting my card (Eco Bank Card) the atm automatically responded with the write up "CARD NOT SMART" and immediately seized my atm.. was so vexed by this incident, that i went straight into the bank to lay my complain.. The fat lady attendant told me to come by the noon within a stipulated time, which i adhered to. On gettin there @ noon. They sat me, close to an hour while attending to other "irrelevant" mataz. When they later called, only to inform me that my card wasn't in their atm machine sad while, further investigation from the atm dept confirmed that they didn't see my card... like seriously

i mean then where could it possibly be.?? Cause ur machine was the last i used it on. And besides when this machine gulped down my card in the morn, a worker from that same bank witnessed the scenario and asked if the machine has seized my card? Which i responded affirmative to. Not knowin he was the head of the atm dept. T'was later in the evening i got to exchange few words with him.. And next thing i heared from him was that my card was bent thats why it dis-appeared.. (now dis is the point where i just had to get my self together). Card dissappeared sad . Okay that's it.. Am out of the mo'fo bank..

The unfortunate part of it all is for me travelling to yenegoa from otuoke nw is like 1k to and fro.. And the possibility of me gettin a new card that very same day is quite skeptical.. sad

Point:
I think its high time we get to know what we want/ where we re coming from to determine our destination. Kus i dont undastand how a 21st century bank worker would "boldly" explain to her client that her card suddenly "dissappeared" from the atm machine. I mean what criteria do banks employ in recruiting their staffs these days sad .. even IFA self will marvel at such level of cluelessness.

N:B
this is not meant to be a comeback at anybody.. Just a personal side to a "tragic" story... C'est fini
Re: Just Another Day In Otuoke by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:14am On Feb 21, 2015
Sory
Re: Just Another Day In Otuoke by holysaint1(m): 12:16pm On Feb 23, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Help! Help!! Help!!! A Nairalander Needs Help / Please I Need Advice / What Are The Job Opportunities Available For This Course?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.