Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

My Sojourn In India - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Sojourn In India (1331 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sojourn In India by Reddit: 9:18am On Feb 21, 2015
As someone rightly said India has a deep rooted social issues. I was in India recently for 3 months on an official assignment and what I saw with my eyes were unbelievable. I have travel through out my life and had so many experiences but my experience in India chewed the biscuit.
I just feel pity and empathy for ladies over there most especially this Nigerian lady in particular. The system is so fcu.k that when serious issue like this is reported the authority just treat it in disdain. That is why their ladies rather commit suicide than reporting to the authority.
Ladies in India are treated like trash, they've been so relegated to the background to the extent that they're made to believe and accept men as higher and superior being than them.
Dating is a taboo in India little wonder you hear of these social vices on a daily basis. Ladies are not allow to go out with a guy, any lady seen with a guy is treated with disdain, suffers humiliation and harassment. The married ladies are meant to treat their husband as gods, like they're always right.
The men are like zombies, very lazy, ignorant, silly and so feeble minded. They don't know what hustling is all about, they live with their parents until they're married off. The system has made them to practice all sort of evils from rape to homosexuality.
It is true that in India parents have to choose and decide who their wards get married to. The young men and ladies don't have a say on who they married, really obscene.
I had so many nasty experiences there that made me to think if these people are really from a different planet. There was a case where a man went to visit a widow and he was killed by some hoodlums in the community for reason being that he shouldn't be visiting her. I was like what the fcu.k.....
The poverty and literacy level in India gave me more hope for Nigeria, that truly we're blessed. I saw men moving on the street tying short wrapper and when I asked out of curiosity, I was told it's their national style of dressing. OK.
I met with some of our African folks that were there for one thing or the other, even foreign students and their narratives weren't pleasant at all. They're all waiting and eager to leave.

Well as the saying goes “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” – James Michener
As a traveler, I always tend to take something positive everywhere I go. On my short stay in India, one remarkable thing that amazed me was the fact that amidst the poverty level in India, they have strong institutions, power sector, manufacturing and agriculture are all working. No power failure at all, food are cheap, and ofcourse they have some of the best delicacies in the world.

I will use this opportunity to advise anyone not to consider India as a tourist or greener pasture destination, even studying there is not pleasant at all, they're not friendly people.

God bless Nigeria my country.

5 Likes

Re: My Sojourn In India by Reddit: 9:21am On Feb 21, 2015
cc Seun, justwise and DisGuy

Please do the needful.

Thanks
Re: My Sojourn In India by Mologi(m): 9:24am On Feb 21, 2015
GMB will rule them after rulling naija
@op but in dubai indians are mostly wanted to other races when it comes to work.

its just that they can be heartly...chai
i cant forgive one stupid

bavna gurnani

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn In India by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2015
Reddit:
cc Seun, justwise and DisGuy

Please do the needful.

Thanks

Bros when yhu travel around you'll come to realise Nigeria is a very nice country

.... . .

If not corrupted politicians putting us in the dark, Nigeria would've been the best country in the world

I love Nigeria

I pray God to give us leaders that will move this wonderful nation forward with purpose

Nice piece bro
Re: My Sojourn In India by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:27am On Feb 21, 2015
Mologi:
GMB will rule them after rulling naija
@op but in dubai indians are prefered compared to other races when it comes to work

GMB Rule which Naija?
Re: My Sojourn In India by Mologi(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

GMB Rule which Naija?
continue to Bleep ursel in the lap there and be thinking Gej wil rule again

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn In India by Reddit: 9:39am On Feb 21, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

Bros when yhu travel around you'll come to realise Nigeria is a very nice country

.... . .

If not corrupted politicians putting us in the dark, Nigeria would've been the best country in the world

I love Nigeria

I pray God to give us leaders that will move this wonderful nation forward with purpose

Nice piece bro

You couldn't have said it better. I've come to realized that all we need are better leaders and good governance for Nigeria to become one of the greatest nations of the world.
Nigeria is blessed by nature, Intelligent and hardworking people, good weather, raw materials, fertile ground for agriculture, strategically located to mention a few.
Re: My Sojourn In India by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:51am On Feb 21, 2015
Reddit:

You couldn't have said it better. I've come to realized that all we need are better leaders and good governance for Nigeria to become one of the greatest nations of the world.
Nigeria is blessed by nature, Intelligent and hardworking people, good weather, raw materials, fertile ground for agriculture, strategically located to mention a few.

We're been deprived of what God made for us

We're really a blessed country but some group of peeps sidelined themselves to cheat the poor masses cos they've got connections....
Re: My Sojourn In India by bebe2(f): 9:56am On Feb 21, 2015
Pls dont forget how dirty their some communities are. Where they cook and cook a poo two feet apart.

And for some reason, all these stupid oyinbo pple win rather holiday there than come to Nigeria. sad
Re: My Sojourn In India by SkinnyDude(m): 10:15am On Feb 21, 2015
but that wont stop me from visiting there.

(1) (Reply)

Burj Khalifa Hotel On Fire / Nigerians In INDIA, Please Show Face Here! / Jaipur Tour Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.