Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,561 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes (1700 Views)

Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] / The PROUD working woman AND MOTHER!!!!! Tribute To EDO-ITALIANS. AMADIN! / How Women Contribute To Their Own Objectification. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Islie: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
The question asking if working wives should take up some responsibilities in the home remains a burning issue in the home-front. The level of involvement differs from the orientation and level of understanding of the partners involved. Marriage is all about compromise and understanding, so when couples discuss, the issue of responsibility frequently comes up.

So invariably, we do ask ourselves...........
How, exactly, should a working wife contribute to the home?
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Ewuro4: 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
'Burning issue' ? What planet?
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Its simple.
If you see a gap, then just plug it
A man will only refuse an offer of help from his wife if he knows that she will sing it to him everyday and make him feel inadequate
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by greatgod2012(f): 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
chaircover:
Its simple.
A man will only refuse an offer of help from his wife if he knows that she will sing it to him everyday and make him feel inadequate

honestly, i don't know how someone can claim that she doesn't know what to do as a working class wife at home financially. It's not just possible for the man to fix everything at home, there must be some gaps to fill shaaaa ni, no matter what, so what the woman can do is to fill the gaps IMO, except.........

2 Likes

Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Ewuro4: 4:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
chaircover:
Its simple.

She should sing it 24/7 for all I care grin running Homefront financially should be ALL hands on deck IMO.

How's your weekend sis? kiss
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ewuro4:

She should sing it 24/7 for all I care grin running Homefront financially should be ALL hands on deck IMO.

Babes im enjoying it kiss

In this day and age all hands should be on deck o!
Unless they want to kill the man after which the woman will still have to work 25 hours a day when the man dies!

1 Like

Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by edwife(f): 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ewuro4:

still waiting for my response on the movie smiley cheesy
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by cococandy(f): 4:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
I don't know how or where this is a burning issue because all my life all I've seen are working women who work hand in hand with their husbands to provide for their families.
Sometimes providing more than what the man provides. Sometimes less. Sometimes equally.

OP welcome to earth. How was Mars?
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
cococandy:
I don't know how or where this is a burning issue because all my life all I've seen are working women who work hand in hand with their husbands to provide for their families.
Sometimes providing more than what the man provides. Sometimes less. Sometimes equally.

You know something, some of it is salon talk from wives who lie about what and what their husbands do so that it will seem that hubby is richer than he really is. The things I have heard in salons and nailbars lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The poster probably hears this frequently and thinks that women contribututing to the family purse is out of this world, when in acutal fact some women are holding the home front up even single handedly
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Ewuro4: 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
edwife:

still waiting for my response on the movie smiley cheesy

What movie? grin
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Ewuro4: 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by edwife(f): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ewuro4:

What movie? grin

grin grin 50 shades
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Ewuro4: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
edwife:

grin grin 50 shades

Ah.. We watched American Sniper instead that night,

the theatre was filled with high school kids and hubby's jittery to watch them smooch with the thought of his daughters in that stage grin

I'll prolly watch it on weekdays or on Movie on demand. It's still playing as far as I'm concerned.
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by edwife(f): 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ewuro4:

Ah.. We watched American Sniper instead that night,

the theatre was filled with high school kids and hubby's jittery to watch them smooch with the thought of his daughters in that stage grin

I'll prolly watch it on weekdays or on Movie on demand. It's still playing as far as I'm concerned.

Lol grin,ban in some other countries though...
watch then tell me what you think of it. wink
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Ewuro4: 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2015
edwife:

Lol grin,ban in some other countries though...
watch then tell me what you think of it. wink

Really?? Do you blame them.. The theatre washrooms was filthy with gross toilet paper that day sad

Whoever came up with the movie is a renowned bastard, As if the cringe worthy book isn't enough? (Women cûm in their panties just reading it, I have all 3 in my library)

Infact , it should be BANNED angry
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by edwife(f): 5:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ewuro4:

Really?? Do you blame them.. The theatre washrooms was filthy with gross toilet paper that day sad

Whoever came up with the movie is a renowned bastard, As if the cringe worthy book isn't enough? (Women cûm in their panties just reading it, I have all 3 in my library)

Infact , it should be BANNED angry

shocked shocked shocked How come i didn't? angry angry

For me,the movie was not that explicit-nothing like the book. undecided
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Ewuro4: 5:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
edwife:

shocked shocked shocked How come i didn't? angry angry

For me,the movie was not that explicit-nothing like the book. undecided

Go get it.. It's not too late tongue grin
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by damiso(f): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
cococandy:

Well said..that's all I saw too growing up.I have never been able to get the fact that a wife earning money will decide not to spend any money in her own home.

1 Like

Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by edwife(f): 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ewuro4:

Go get it.. It's not too late tongue grin

grin grin
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by edwife(f): 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
damiso:

Well said..that's all I saw too growing up.I have never been able to get the fact that a wife earning money will decide not to spend any money in her own home.

That's just plain ridiculous,even as a student i used to spend my pocket money buying stuffs for my future home cheesy.

Its does make sense to me.
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by cococandy(f): 7:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
chaircover:

You know something, some of it is salon talk from wives who lie about what and what their husbands do so that it will seem that hubby is richer than he really is. The things I have heard in salons and nailbars lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The poster probably hears this frequently and thinks that women contribututing to the family purse is out of this world, when in acutal fact some women are holding the home front up even single handedly

grin salon talk. Oh my

Well some women have this notion that if they admit to being the financial backbone of their homes,it is a direct insult on the husband's manhood.

And listeners (fellow salon ladies cheesy) won't be kind to them. "Ha that one is controlling her husband"

The wise ones keep their business to themselves while others just to feel among try to paint non existent pictures of wealthy husbands. As if it is a sin for themselves to be wealthy.
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by VkEks69: 9:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
contribute lot of time to home..
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by bukeee(f): 11:53am On Feb 24, 2015
Grade A (first grade) UK bales in second hand wears.we deliver anywhere in the country. We have bales in 0- I month (baby wears), children wears, ladies tops (chiffon and cotton), ladies gown (chiffon and cotton), men shirt and trousers, blazers, sleeping wears, bum shorts, etc...Add me on BBM 22CAC0CF or Call 09050018273.
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by veave(f): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2015
bukeee:
Grade A (first grade) UK bales in second hand wears.we deliver anywhere in the country. We have bales in 0- I month (baby wears), children wears, ladies tops (chiffon and cotton), ladies gown (chiffon and cotton), men shirt and trousers, blazers, sleeping wears, bum shorts, etc...Add me on BBM 22CAC0CF or Call 09050018273.

please how much is bail for ladies gown?
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by mutter(f): 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2015
MummyElena:
@Cocoacandy, Chaircover etc, ur opinions are great but pls what happens if the man diplomatically hands off major part of his responsibilty simply because the wife is helping, what should the woman do in such case?

Let me give a typical example: my sisters husband has a good job & earns over 5X her own income. My sis also has a job but which is not as well paid as her hubby's.
Her hubby is capable of taking care of most stuffs in the home,& prefers managing & disbursing his funds on his own independently without even involving her or letting her know.
She has tried several options to change him, even sitting down for them to draw a family budget, but he never sticks to the mapped out budget neither does he like the wife knowing whenever he's paid.

The wife was always placing her own income on the table every month for them to plan together with it & she noticed that everytime she brings home her own money, the husband now holds back on his own & diplomatically shys away from footing the bills he usually took care of at home. It is now the wife's own money that will be used to take care of those while the husband will secretly spend his, give it away to his folks etc.

The wife really wants them to work together hand in hand & build their home, but the hubby is always going solo maybe because he doesn't want to be accountable to the wife or want her to know who he is giving his money or what he is spending his money on. He doesn't even contribute the money to their buying property etc.
My sister got tired after a while & stopped bringing home her own salary or even letting him in on it.

So in this kind of situation, what should the wife do?

She should remember that the home is also made up of children. One day she will reap the reward of her efforts. No matter what she should put her hands on deck.

My husband was like that for years. He has such a large family and kept on pouring everything out there. It hurt sometimes because we really cut all luxuries to make them comfortable.
My husband never even bought a piece of land because he trained, helped and raised his siblings- over 20 of them. They are orphans.
When the older ones got on their feet, they started buying property and did not care much about taking care of the extended family.
That was when my husbands eyes gradually opened up.

It was hard because in those days for me because I also wanted to "spoil" my kids sometimes. at a stage I told him we should sit down and calculate what I would contribute to the home and the rest of my money I would use as i wished. Then I started buying things for the kid`s, it was exaggerated. He did not like it one bit. After a short while we worked together on a compromise. A middle way.
After years of each one pulling at different ends of the rope we have reached a compromise.
I have learnt to enjoy spending less and he spending more.
I think i also really works because I do not spend so much money on myself. I love good stuff but Iam not really materialisic.
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by veave(f): 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2015
Lots of ways. There are some things men see as not necessary. But such things cannot be overlooked and most times, they don't even cost much. The most important thing is making sure everyone is happy at the end of the day.
Re: In What Ways Could A Working Woman Contribute To The Up-keep Of Homes by veave(f): 1:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
mutter:

She should remember that the home is also made up of children. One day she will reap the reward of her efforts. No matter what she should put her hands on deck.

My husband was like that for years. He has such a large family and kept on pouring everything out there. It hurt sometimes because we really cut all luxuries to make them comfortable.
My husband never even bought a piece of land because he trained, helped and raised his siblings- over 20 of them. They are orphans.
When the older ones got on their feet, they started buying property and did not care much about taking care of the extended family.
That was when my husbands eyes gradually opened up.

It was hard because in those days for me because I also wanted to "spoil" my kids sometimes. at a stage I told him we should sit down and calculate what I would contribute to the home and the rest of my money I would use as i wished. Then I started buying things for the kid`s, it was exaggerated. He did not like it one bit. After a short while we worked together on a compromise. A middle way.
After years of each one pulling at different ends of the rope we have reached a compromise.
I have learnt to enjoy spending less and he spending more.
I think i also really works because I do not spend so much money on myself. I love good stuff but Iam not really materialisic.

God bless you woman.

(1) (Reply)

What Happens When A Married Woman Conceive a child Out Of Kidnapping / Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings / Is it necessary to retrieve the car??....Am confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.