Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings (1570 Views)

Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) / Two Years Old Boy Trapped In 330ft Deep Hole For One Week In Spain(Photos) / A Thread For 2018 Brides And Grooms To Be. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 7:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
Post your favourite quotes, phrases and dark sayings that speaks to you most especially in these trying times...

You can post your own quotes based on your life experiences

Here goes mine

Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can
do that.

. Knowing your own
darkness is the best method for dealing
with the darknesses of other people.
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 7:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
You can post quotes or sayings from movies, songs or event you find interesting... Let keep the fun going people of this great forum
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2019
Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.
Stephen King
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 7:53pm On Apr 27, 2019
Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.
Stephen King

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 7:54pm On Apr 27, 2019
I have learned things in the dark that I could never have learned in the light, things that have saved my life over and over again, so that there is really only one logical conclusion. I need darkness as much as I need light.
Barbara Brown Taylor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 7:54pm On Apr 27, 2019
I have learned things in the dark that I could never have learned in the light, things that have saved my life over and over again, so that there is really only one logical conclusion. I need darkness as much as I need light.
Barbara Brown Taylor
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2019
It was the possibility of darkness that made the day seem so bright.
Stephen King

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 8:01pm On Apr 27, 2019
Only in the darkness can you see the stars.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Sunnick(m): 8:38pm On Apr 27, 2019
Hey Mr darkness it's ok
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2019
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Plato

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2019
Sunnick:
Hey Mr darkness it's ok
that is not a quote, Mr light
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2019
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.
Terry Pratchett,

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2019
I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.
Og Mandino
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Change the world by being yourself. – Amy Poehler
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
Everything you can imagine is real. – Pablo Picasso
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
If I’m gonna tell a real story, I’m gonna start with my name. – Kendrick Lamar
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 3:19pm On Apr 28, 2019
“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” ...

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 3:20pm On Apr 28, 2019
No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness .” ...
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
Sanity is a madness put to good uses. George Santayana
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2019
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2019
First sign of madness, talking to your own head. J.K. Rowling,
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 3:33pm On Apr 28, 2019
Sad I am the only posting here, wish others post quotes that mean something to them ..

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 3:34pm On Apr 28, 2019
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 3:35pm On Apr 28, 2019
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line. Oscar Levant
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Chubhie: 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
sleepking:
You can post quotes or sayings from movies, songs or event you find interesting... Let keep the fun going people of this great forum
No movie ever made has such a great opening scene as The Godfather. The theme song with "I believe in America" is quite interesting to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIBpHO1gZgQ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by CaZmir: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2019
An eye for an eye blinds the world.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2019
Chubhie:

No movie ever made has such a great opening scene as The Godfather. The theme song with "I believe in America" is quite interesting to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIBpHO1gZgQ
Don Vito Corleone: I'm gonna
make him an offer he can't
refuse. ...

movie for legends
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by Chubhie: 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2019
sleepking:
Don Vito Corleone: I'm gonna
make him an offer he can't
refuse. ...

movie for legends
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2019
Hard is trying to rebuild yourself, piece by piece, with no instruction book, and no clue as to where all the important bits are supposed to go. Nick Hornby
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 8:27am On Apr 29, 2019
The only real battle in life is between hanging on and letting go. Shannon L. Alder
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 8:29am On Apr 29, 2019
Every relationship that has hit a crossroads has asked, “What is it that you want from me? Shannon L. Alder
Re: Thread For Quote Lovers And Deep Sayings by sleepking(m): 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You cannot withstand the storm', and the warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm'

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Families Are Really Suffering This Period / Is It Right For A Landlord To Ask How His Tenant Got A Car? / Tiwa: A Single Mother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.