Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Scene At Okoko. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scene At Okoko. (1786 Views)

Florence Ita-Giwa Lays Wreath At The Scene Of Electrocution In Calabar (Pics) / Antonia Okafor Taking America's Political Scene By Storm / Graphics Photos From Today's Explosion Scene In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
I've been wanting to write about this incident since thursday, but I'm just being lazy.
This about 30mins scene happened at Okoko bus stop in Lagos.

I was on my way to( AOCOED) college of Education in Agbara, so I entered this bus in Doyin, I sat at the second roll. Then a man came, he should be in his mid 40's, let's call him Mr A. Mr A wanted to sit at the front beside the driver, but the driver told him he would be picking up a staff at a particular junction ( A staff in this case could be an army or a police, carrying this people would enable them wave some fees along the way) he told Mr A he could sit there till they get to the junction anyway, Mr A said his second idea sounds silly. So he sat at the first roll.

We got to the junction where the driver was to pick the staff, but the staff was not there, the sit is now up for grabs, someone else got it and we continued our journey.
When we got to Okoko, there was holdup, the Yoruba guy sitting beside the driver saw one hausa man he knew so he him "Chairman!"
Chairman-"eh! My friend, how u dey na?"
Yoruba guy- I dey o. Sai baba, Sai Buhari!
Chairman- sai Baba! Sai Tinubu, Buhari President, Tinubu V.p.
*I was like are you serious!* then he continued
"That Jonathan, I go cut hin head"
Then the conductor replied-"You go cut hin head, you be boko haram?"

Chairman just started walking towards the bus, then he locked the conductor's by his shirt.
Chairman-"Na me you dey call boko haram!?"
Conductor-"sebi na you say u go cut Jonathan head?"
Chairman-"Na me you dey call Boko haram!?"
Yoruba guy-"Chairman, na play he dey play with you"
I though he was even playing, fast forward, he dragged the conductor down from the bus, then he handed him over to a police man whom they call Chucks at the park, he(chairman) started explaining what happened to every park member, everybody started begging him, the Yoruba guy was also busy begging,but there was one hausa guy also in the bus who was busy arguing that the Hausa man said he would cut Jonathan's head, so he has no right to be angry been called a boko haram, people have gathered around them, I was just sitting in the bus at alert, incase they want to burn the bus, make I know as I go escape, I thought of snapping them, then I just thought of what would happen if they see me snapping, I'm not ready to cry for my phone.
Mr A had to go down to settle the matter, he spoke to the hausa man to let the matter go.

The hausa man agreed to let the conductor go, so the Yourba guy told the Police man to release the conductor for us, the police man said the conductor should pay 2k
Yoruba guy-"what!? For what? You well at all?"
Hausa guy-"Walahi you dey crase!"
Police-"Na that insult no go make me release this conductor"
Mr A- "You have no right to keep us waiting here, let this man go"
Police-" he no fit go just like that"
Then Mr A brought out his ID card, he's also a police man, I just dey hear "shon! Shon Sir!"
The conductor was released, everybody inside the bus except me had Mr A to thank, they might even think I'm deaf cos I did'nt utter a word although the journey.
The driver later asked Mr A where he's stationed, Mr A said he was posted to Ondo state sIx months ago.
Driver-" why you no come sidon for front that time?"
Mr A- "Sebi na staff you wan carry and God give you staff weh go greet Hausa man"
Mr A later adviced the conductor to watch before he speak, that Northerners can turn minor issue into a riot, and that they hate being labelled Boko haram.

Now the main actors:
2Hausa
3 Igbo(driver, conductor and the police, chucks)
1 Yoruba
1 South South(Mr A, by his command of his pidgin english)

What lessons can we learn from this 30mins scene as a Nigerian?

cc Seun lalasticlala Obinoscopy.
Fp pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scene At Okoko. by kay1one2(m): 5:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
U don chop today?
Re: Scene At Okoko. by sammer4life(m): 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Chanchit:
I've been wanting to write about this incident since thursday, but I'm just being lazy.
This about 30mins scene happened at Okoko bus stop in Lagos.

I was on my way to( AOCOED) college of Education in Agbara, so I entered this bus in Doyin, I sat at the second roll. Then a man came, he should be in his mid 40's, let's call him Mr A. Mr A wanted to sit at the front beside the driver, but the driver told him he would be picking up a staff at a particular junction ( A staff in this case could be an army or a police, carrying this people would enable them wave some fees along the way) he told Mr A he could sit there till they get to the junction anyway, Mr A said his second idea sounds silly. So he sat at the first roll.

We got to the junction where the driver was to pick the staff, but the staff was not there, the sit is now up for grabs, someone else got it and we continued our journey.
When we got to Okoko, there was holdup, the Yoruba guy sitting beside the driver saw one hausa man he knew so he him "Chairman!"
Chairman-"eh! My friend, how u dey na?"
Yoruba guy- I dey o. Sai baba, Sai Buhari!
Chairman- sai Baba! Sai Tinubu, Buhari President, Tinubu V.p.
*I was like are you serious!* then he continued
"That Jonathan, I go cut hin head"
Then the conductor replied-"You go cut hin head, you be boko haram?"

Chairman just started walking towards the bus, then he locked the conductor's by his shirt.
Chairman-"Na me you dey call boko haram!?"
Conductor-"sebi na you say u go cut Jonathan head?"
Chairman-"Na me you dey call Boko haram!?"
Yoruba guy-"Chairman, na play he dey play with you"
I though he was even playing, fast forward, he dragged the conductor down from the bus, then he handed him over to a police man whom they call Chucks at the park, he(chairman) started explaining what happened to every park member, everybody started begging him, the Yoruba guy was also busy begging,but there was one hausa guy also in the bus who was busy arguing that the Hausa man said he would cut Jonathan's head, so he has no right to be angry been called a boko haram, people have gathered around them, I was just sitting in the bus at alert, incase they want to burn the bus, make I know as I go escape, I thought of snapping them, then I just thought of what would happen if they see me snapping, I'm not ready to cry for my phone.
Mr A had to go down to settle the matter, he spoke to the hausa man to let the matter go.

The hausa man agreed to let the conductor go, so the Yourba guy told the Police man to release the conductor for us, the police man said the conductor should pay 2k
Yoruba guy-"what!? For what? You well at all?"
Hausa guy-"Walahi you dey crase!"
Police-"Na that insult no go make me release this conductor"
Mr A- "You have no right to keep us waiting here, let this man go"
Police-" he no fit go just like that"
Then Mr A brought out his ID card, he's also a police man, I just dey hear "shon! Shon Sir!"
The conductor was released, everybody inside the bus except me had Mr A to thank, they might even think I'm deaf cos I did'nt utter a word although the journey.
The driver later asked Mr A where he's stationed, Mr A said he was posted to Ondo state sIx months ago.
Mr A- "Sebi na staff you wan carry and God give you staff weh go greet Hausa man"
Mr A later adviced the conductor to watch before he speak, that Northerners can turn minor issue into a riot, and that they hate being labelled Boko haram.

Now the main actors:
2Hausa
3 Igbo(driver, conductor and the police, chucks)
1 Yoruba
1 South South(Mr A, by his command of his pidgin english)

What lessons can we learn from this 30mins scene as a Nigerian?

cc Seun lalasticlala Obinoscopy.
Fp pls.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
the story funny. Hausa people too dey get craze for head....... after becoming almanjiri for years come travel come Lagos dey hustle for alaba rago...... craziness con dey multiply for there head........
Re: Scene At Okoko. by harbibi: 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
Chanchit:

. Abi oh. Very funny.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by tobtap: 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
just incase
Re: Scene At Okoko. by lwise(m): 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
u well so? undecided
Re: Scene At Okoko. by garrix8: 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
Moral Lesson:

Sai Baba

Sai Buhari

#ihavedecided

1 Like

Re: Scene At Okoko. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
I will comment when the part two story comes out.

Meanwhile.... Sai Buhari for March.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Lexxybooy(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2015
Mr A- humility

Conductor - elenu rasor

Hausa (chairman) - he's trait shows he is a ferocious kindaf man, because he took it too far

While the 2nd Hausa man, has a different temperament, he was trying to caution his fellow tribe - man,...... I.e don't say hausas like wahala.

Lastly..... It shows the pain in hausas heart for the death of their fellow hausas been killed by the boko haram sect....... .and how much they hate Boko Haram as well.

That is to say, hausas are not Boko Haram, as jona ppl (real culprits) claim

BTW

#saibuhari

2 Likes

Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 6:13am On Feb 22, 2015
Lexxybooy:
Mr A- humility

Conductor - elenu rasor

Hausa (chairman) - he's trait shows he is a ferocious kindaf man, because he took it too far

While the 2nd Hausa man, has a different temperament, he was trying to caution his fellow tribe - man,...... I.e don't say hausas like wahala.

Lastly..... It shows the pain in hausas heart for the death of their fellow hausas been killed by the boko haram sect....... .and how much they hate Boko Haram as well.

That is to say, hausas are not Boko Haram, as jona ppl (real culprits) claim

BTW

#saibuhari

Thanks for discussing the issue unlike some doubting thomas who thinks everybody lies like them.

2 Likes

Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 6:14am On Feb 22, 2015
berem:
I will comment when the part two story comes out.

Meanwhile.... Sai Buhari for March.

Then you would have to go and sit down at Okok bus stop, that way you won't have to wait till I write it, you would/might see it first hand.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 6:16am On Feb 22, 2015
lwise:
u well so? undecided

Your question shows you are mentally challenged.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 6:19am On Feb 22, 2015
kay1one2:
U don chop today?

I know hunger knows you by name, that's why you think everybody faces same problem you've been facing since the beginning of the year.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by kay1one2(m): 6:23am On Feb 22, 2015
Chanchit:

I know hunger knows you by name, that's why you think everybody faces same problem you've been facing since the beginning of the year.

What a way to start a day. Go get a life.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 6:33am On Feb 22, 2015
kay1one2:

What a way to start a day. Go get a life.

So you don know you don't have a life when you were asking a foolish question?
Re: Scene At Okoko. by kay1one2(m): 6:38am On Feb 22, 2015
Chanchit:

So you don know you don't have a life when you were asking a foolish question?

You can as well just answer the question! Ode! "Fp please" Lolz! You never see!
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 6:47am On Feb 22, 2015
kay1one2:

You can as well just answer the question! Ode! "Fp please" Lolz! You never see!

I can't answer your question cos its in no way related to the issue at hand.
And concerning the FP, its now a norm to ask the powers that be to put it on FP after taking my time to write this.

cc Seun, Lalasticlala obinoscopy. Fp pls.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by kay1one2(m): 7:30am On Feb 22, 2015
Chanchit:

I can't answer your question cos its in no way related to the issue at hand.
And concerning the FP, its now a norm to ask the powers that be to put it on FP after taking my time to write this.

cc Seun, Lalasticlala obinoscopy. Fp pls.

Keep fooling around!
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 8:56am On Feb 22, 2015
kay1one2:

Keep fooling around!

Yea, get the f**k outa my thread.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by kay1one2(m): 9:02am On Feb 22, 2015
Chanchit:

Yea, get the f**k outa my thread.

Fp pls. Lower animal!
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 10:31am On Feb 22, 2015
kay1one2:

Fp pls. Lower animal!

If you can just take a chill pill, you would discover you are the lower animal here, because the question you asked is thread de-railing cos it has no link with the matter at hand, and I know the cause of ur pain, cos I just went through all your threads.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by kay1one2(m): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2015
Chanchit:

If you can just take a chill pill, you would discover you are the lower animal here, because the question you asked is thread de-railing cos it has no link with the matter at hand, and I know the cause of ur pain, cos I just went through all your threads.

Stalker!
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 11:00am On Feb 22, 2015
kay1one2:

Stalker!

You are an epitome of steewidity, you are calling me a stalker inside my thread.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 22, 2015
Thank goodness it didn't degenerate ......some people carries the nonsense they spew on internet to the real world.

How can you simply stereotype and label anyone as Boko Haram because of his place of origin...?
Re: Scene At Okoko. by kay1one2(m): 11:03am On Feb 22, 2015
Chanchit:

You are an epitome of steewidity, you are calling me a stalker inside my thread.

While you epitomise cowardice!
Re: Scene At Okoko. by san316(m): 11:23am On Feb 22, 2015
The moral of the story: PDP is in trouble
Re: Scene At Okoko. by Chanchit: 11:28am On Feb 22, 2015
kay1one2:

While you epitomise cowardice!

Ok, I give up on you. Since you don't have the ability to comprehend.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by dustmalik: 12:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
Nice share, OP. Disregard anyone behaving like an animal on here.
Re: Scene At Okoko. by giantstrides(m): 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
Hausas get hurt when u call them boko haram. Boko haram kills every one, whether you are a xtain, muslim, imam, pastor etc

(1) (Reply)

Breakingnews: Radio Biafra Delivers AM Transmitter -biggest In Africa! / South Africas Xenophobia Killers Arrested / Senator Hope Uzodinma Of The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Has Been Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.