Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (1228 Views)

Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by barakah(m): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2009
She's a christian and i was born into a muslim family. I've been a muslim for over three decades now (i.e all my life). I think she has most of the "many things" i want in a woman. It even took me a while to come across her. In my search for an ideal partner,i've had to put up with "genotype barrier" which has brought about the end of many promising relationships. Although i've not said theres none like her, am sure it'll be hard for me to loose her.Do you think settling down with her won't cause trouble for us in future? What do you think can help our situation? When the children start growing up,won't it have an effect on them? Has anybody got an experience to share?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2009
@Barakah: As Salaamualaykum wa rahmatullahi Ta'ala wa Barakatuh. My first marriage is with a Christian woman. I was just around the age you are saying you are then, when we became a couple. The first rule of thumb, which I failed to apply,then, which I do hope you apply now in your case is; make sure that she wants you more than anything on earth.

Then with that knowledge in hand, introduce Islam to her, while you improve yourself without any doubt. That will include guarding your sexuality, and obeserving all that makes a person muslim; prayers on time, zakah and sadaqah and kindness, fasting, including sunnah periods; mondays and thursdays and the full moon days, which will help you curb your sexual appetite.

Do good deeds, etc and immense yourself inthe study of Islam, read Qur'aan in Arabic and study the Hadith/Sunnah. When she see the goodness in you, all tye while that you have improved in your humanity to her, she will either enter Islam and become your wife, or go away and Allah will replace her with somebody better, in your sincerity of thought, for the pleasure of Allah, through Istikara and Dua.

You want to have a woman, a wife, a friend, a partner, a lover who is with you firt, for the pleasure of Allah and helps you to improve your Islam. You are not expecting to have a person, who is just a fair weathered partner. You need a nurturer for your children, towards Islam. Also a nurturer for your emotion, steering you to what is good, only and discouraging you from all kinds of terrible and filthy deeds.

I wish you well. She is not a Khadijah. You need a Khadijah, if you can make her so. She is not a Aisha, or Afsah, or Mariam a Coptic. You need a woman you can make so. May Allah guide you aright. Amin.
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Deen4me(m): 10:45am On Apr 15, 2010
I have come across a lot of scenarios like this

One needs to be realistic in your religion.

I always put this analogy forward to such people

If the two of you get married.

By the standards of both religions One of the partners is going to spend an eternity in Hell.

This is where i am lost how can you claim you love someone ,have children with someone, spend a lifetime with someone and you both know that the other is going to Hell in the next life.

Love Indeed !

@ Barakah

A good wife as described by the Rasul (Peace And Blessings Of Allah Be Upon him) is the best treasure one can find in this life.

I ask you where do you find diamond, Gold and other precious metals,

Deep down in the ground you have to dig through a lot of rocks to get them.

The same analogy can be put forward to a good wife.

You should not use the excuse to marry someone of other faith.

While you have Muslimahs who are in the community looking for worthy partners

You need to pray to your Lord ask Him to guide you (Istikhara)

Solicit the help of your local Imam and other pious members of the muslim community.

Allah will surely guide you aright
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by fizzybaba(m): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2010
@ barakah

let me say i just dealt with a similar situation wherein i wore your shoes

just as you are, i was overwhelmed. emotional becloudation had the better of me. we were together for months.When with her, its a good feeling.She was/is such a companion.When alone, i ask myself, would i really be happy to have a xtian as a wife? one who wouldnt be in a position to teach my child how to pray, how to read the quran, how to say teslim? or the thought that i may become the father of a potential church goer when i am no more? HELL NO!

It was a battle between emotion and reality (religious imcompactibility with its associated/inherent peril)

i just won that battle. I pray you do!

@olabowale: when i posted my worries too, your experience which you never fail to relate proved pivotal. May Allah continue to bless you
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by karo93: 8:14pm On Apr 15, 2010
@olabowale
is your wife a muslim now?

@OP
let your life be the living example that will convert her but don't coerce or coax her to convert.dont forget that there should be no compulsion in religion.

@olabowale&barakah
why would you want your wife to be a muslim like you?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 16, 2010
karo93:

@OP
let your life be the living example that will convert her but don't coerce or coax her to convert.dont forget that there should be no compulsion in religion.

Mohammed's method was COMPULSION; Christ's aim was voluntary CONVERSION (Acts 3:19).

Mohammed practiced FORCE; Christ preached FAITH (John 6:29, 35).
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2010
If your viewpoint is valid, then explain the following:

Jesus = son=father="ghost"
* Jesus was the king of war (Deuteronomy 20.11, 18)
* Jesus disciples killed for the faith ((Judges 15.16)
* Jesus promoted persecution against the "infidels"(2 Kings 10.19.30)
* Jesus was the taker of life (Judges 11.29, 39)
*Jesus and his fellow warriors murdered thousands (Judges 1.2, 7).
* Jesus’ method was COMPULSION (Luke 19.27)
* Jesus practiced FORCE and uses evil spirit to torment people (1 Samuel 16:14)
* Jesus was a WARRIOR (Exodus 15.3, Genesis 32.24)
* Jesus said to the masses, "Convert or die!" (John 15:6)
* Jesus swift to shed blood (1Chronicles 13.9,10, Numbers 16.41,45)
* Jesus preached "Death to the infidels!" (Deuteronomy 13.5,9)
* Jesus declared a holy[b] war[/b] (Crusade) against infidels (Judges 15.16, Exodus 34.13).
* Jesus constrained people by conquest; (Numbers 31.17,18).
* Jesus called upon his servants to fight; (Joshua 10.11)
* Jesus ordered death to the Philistines, Hittite, and Jebusites etc (Deuteronomy 20.11,18)
* The Bible says, "Fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them" (2 Chronicles 14, Exodus 22.18)

The same Jesus=Son of god=god who wrestled with Jacob all night & displaced his hip? a man of peace?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 16, 2010
AIRDIG:

If your viewpoint is valid, then explain the following:

The same Jesus=Son of god=god who wrestled with Jacob all night & displaced his hip? a man of peace?
U re post samething repeatedly in both sections.Kindly try something new.Could u show me where Jesus directly involved himself in any evil acts like Mohammad?
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Deen4me(m): 10:04am On Apr 17, 2010
@ Toba

You are just too wonderful !!!  shocked
Re: She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 18, 2010
toba:

U re post samething repeatedly in both sections.Kindly try something new.Could u show me where Jesus directly involved himself in any evil acts like Mohammad?
First of all, even if he posts this 'samething' from now till eternity, he very well has every right to do so, this is a public forum and he has the freedom to ask questions which you, so far have only been able to provide the pathetic and laughable answer of 'Jesus was not directly involved' to.

(1) (Reply)

Sharia Law Now Official In Swat Region Of Pakistan / Pray For Gaza #save Gaza / Maulud: Mercy To The Worlds- Arguments For Its Validity By Adamu Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.