Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (21953 Views)

Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor / Man Caught Stealing From Church Offering In Lagos / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Dcmg(m): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
Leks:

God didn't allow you to die and come straight to heaven the moment you accepted christ and it's for a purpose. He wants you to work for him in realizing other lost souls for him. You miss out greatly on that when you avoid church. First you don't get to serve God in the local assembly, second you don't report to anyone who can mentor you spiritually and lastly God won't trust you enough to commit gtreater responsibilities and blessings to your hand.

Holy Crap
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by obiak4(m): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
Setaje:
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job. embarassed
i can buy for you if dat d problem but do not take me as a maga ooooo pm me if you are really sure
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Leks(m): 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dcmg:
Holy Crap

You've actually not said anything.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by crackhouse(m): 4:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
illicit:
Havent been in a church 4 years counting
do u stay in chicago il?
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by ayobase(m): 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
Setaje:
I never seem to have enough church clothes cry........ may God help me. yes I am going to serve God but I also feel shy whenever I repeat and repeat church clothes. God give me a job. embarassed

you've got a mail. let's c what God will do about the job.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Setaje(f): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
ayobase:

you've got a mail. let's c what God will do about the job.

cheesy. Replied
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Dcmg(m): 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
Leks:

You've actually not said anything.
Another Crap.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by alphalpha(m): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
OP it is not just about going to church. It is why we go to church.

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." ...... Romans 10:17
This means, "... faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God"

The word of God is powerful. It builds up your faith. "Without faith, it is impossible to please God" (Hebrews 11:6) It is when you have Faith that you can please God. Please - serve, pray, praise, worship, fellowship with - God. And this faith comes by hearing the word of God always. Where do you hear the word of God? The House of God. The Psalmist said, "I was glad when they said to me, come to the House of the Lord.” In the House of the Lord is His Presence, His Glory. And in the presence of the Lord, there is fullness of joy; there is liberty... In the church, we have fellowship with God and with the brethren. The two are very important. You find out that Jesus always went into the synagogue or the temple, and Paul in his journeys, always went to the synagogues in regions that had no church, and churches in the regions that had them.

At this point, I ask myself why I am writing this long?
OP, if you say that after months of absence from church, you are normal, then it means you are not born again. You have lost something and you don't even realize it. When a person is saved, he experiences a rare joy in his heart. That makes him always desirous of and glad to be in the House of God. As earlier quoted, iron sharpens iron. Every Christian faces challenges. As we fellowship together we encourage one another. We strengthen one another. That is why you cannot "feel better" by not going to church to worship. With time such a person would not need the word of God again and still feel normal.

God be with you.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by nzeaji(m): 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
Yomieluv:
The only repercussion is that you won't be paying tithe,and offering,and the numerous money taken in the church..

Aside that,you aren't missing anything.

Unless you can pay your tithe and/or offering online like I do. The only negative thing I know the bible says about that is "forsaking the gathering of the brethren".
The Lord is your strength.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by omonnakoda: 6:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
Depends on which type of church you attended .If it was a Nigerian pentecostal church you are saving your money and keeping your mind pure of superstition. I strongly believe that those churches have entered a partnership with Nollywood to keep Nigerians 5tupid.They will fail
The Catholic,Anglican churches are a BIT better,at least they will collect money to help Ebola victims or earthquake victims and they are honest about the LIMITS of their priests. Though I attend NONE .They are for vulnerable and weak minds especially women. I make bold to say in Nigerian churches adultery happens in about 99% with some even taking their escapades to Jerusalem!! Imagine that. Without exception EVERY Pentecostal church is a BUSINESS. I am inclined to say SCAM but let us be charitable they are businesses which rely on psychological manipulation and CONTROL. For whatever reason I happen to have been one of those kids who would open his eyes when everyone else closed theirs in church, I cannot suspend my brain or my mind. From the age of nine I knew that pastors were generally Liars running a business and I have not changed my mind. I do not need any spiritual daddy and CANNOT be told what to think or do. So happily I can never go to church except for weddings and such like
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by omonnakoda: 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
nzeaji:

Unless you can pay your tithe and/or offering online like I do. The only negative thing I know the bible says about that is "forsaking the gathering of the brethren".
The Lord is your strength.
There are billions of strong people in China and India who do not go to church
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by hopedavid(f): 6:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25

A lot of things, especially money and hypocrisy may have corrupted the Church but not the God of the church! OP pls go to church, Jesus is coming back for a church, be part of it. You could feel good alone, but there's something special about collective worship and even if it might take awhile, you'll see that special thing
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by illicit(m): 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
crackhouse:
do u stay in chicago il?
nope, why?
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by plentycrown1: 6:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
Pls try to attend weekly service cos dat is d devil's last leg before he lunches his age long agenda.Beware!!! It is DANGERous
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by 19naia(m): 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
Look at what happened to me after a few years of running wild in the Akata streets and forests, with no link to any church or mosque or religious temple... The smell from my stinking rump is showing no sign of mercy on the world... Chai, diar is god Oooo, but i have forsaken himm... Chai wetin I go do Ooooo shocked

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Adetoro049: 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
You are exposing urself to danger. I smell evil, reconcile urself back to your creator. You know dis world is evil, even the evil doers don't sleep or relent there effort to bring mighty people down. God is faithful.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by phadat(m): 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
UncleJudax:

Saints you said? Sadly, I can't find any.
open your eyes there saint's all around you
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by omonnakoda: 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
plentycrown1:
Pls try to attend weekly service cos dat is d devil's last leg before he lunches his age long agenda.Beware!!! It is DANGERous
There is no devil
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by boma95(f): 9:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
danielmichael:
I have been staying away from church for somewhile now and i think its almost 5 months now since my last time in church and i have been so normal and good.nothing is wrong with me.feeling better.the problem is that there is no spirit for church and i can stay like this for years.
God has been so faithful to me.

So please i wana know if they will be effect of this in a longrun!!

Cool comments pls

I've just lost the zeal to keep going to church.....
All the churches I've attended for the last one year made no Impact....all they love is tithe nd offering nd plenty money......I don't think there is any repercussion whatsoever......just keep doing the right things,meditate on God's word as written in the bible.....nd lend a hand to the less privelleged nd needy around u...... kiss
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by alolatee(m): 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
I was in your shoes sometimes ago.The Devil even used people around me as examples whose lives were very pitiable spiritually, academically, socially, maritally, evangelically.I managed for some weeks and when i finally decided to resume church, the Devil had hardened my heart and nothing was interesting about church, they now became as burden to me.The enthusiasm i had of church before the devil struck was gone.My brother, i will advise you to desist.Moreso, Hebrews 10vs25-Don't forget the assembly of brethren as it is the manner of some is.My brother i thank God am gradually recovering.A word is enough for the wise.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by omonnakoda: 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
alolatee:
I was in your shoes sometimes ago.The Devil even used people around me as examples whose lives were very pitiable spiritually, academically, socially, maritally, evangelically.I managed for some weeks and when i finally decided to resume church, the Devil had hardened my heart and nothing was interesting about church, they now became as burden to me.The enthusiasm i had of church before the devil struck was gone.My brother, i will advise you to desist.Moreso, Hebrews 10vs25-Don't forget the assembly of brethren as it is the manner of some is.My brother i thank God am gradually recovering.A word is enough for the wise.
There is no devil but there are plenty of gullible people What are the "FRUITS" of all these churchgoers,The IPhone,Ipad,Laptops, Electricity in Nigeria what exactly do they contribute to humanity? Real human problems are solved by serious brain exertion not midnight vigils and noisy prayers
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by ahason: 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
grin funny yet meaningfull question
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by ifesun7(f): 9:21am On Feb 23, 2015
abeg my brother it not good at al,it in the bible keep the sabath day holy,God is just gvn u anoda grace 4 u 2 repent,if he should appear nw,wat wl u tel im
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by thimbook2(m): 9:36am On Feb 23, 2015
3 Theories i got
1. Ur church probably sucked undecided!
if u wuz really going to a church that was edifying the life of God in you, you wouldn't be inclined to stay away this long.
Reasons are so often many. People ticked you off, people weren't the goody-two-shoes you expected them to be, the teachings were wack, the preachers were offbase, their expectations of you and everybody else was unrealistic....the list is endless. But in the end, the outcome's always the same.
I ws once in an assembly where everybody ws fighting evrybody; women arguing their heads off , deacons eyeballing each other angry, guys beefing demselves, sistahs dissing :-Xevrybody and the Pastor? He ws right in the thick of it preaching @everybody while being the worst offender at "sparking, ranting and raving" at the drop of a hat. It was so bad, the Childrens Church picked up on it. When I saw those li'll kids hammering themselves, I knew it was time to go!
You're supposed to go to church for communion with God and succour in the midst of fellow believers but instead you end up gittin' wired into all de dramas & feisty shy.ts of dysfunctional people....the irony of it, running into the same shy.ts you was dodging from!

2. Dark-Kingdom's coming 2get u: Prodigal Son tinz!!
it might be that the pull of worldly enjoyments and tinz that were once a mere distraction to you before are now screwing with your insides so bad that you're now having a swell tyme evolving into a full-blown pagan.

3. It's just a phase!
yeh, just that, a phase.
Meaning, dis state of indifference will pass and u'll outgrow it soon enuf. So. don't sweat it, ok? Just watch urself internally and make sure u're not "doing the MJ" i.e. backsliding!

Whichever way, it's ur cookout son, bring the out the steak!

BUT on a friendly, I'll loan you some COME-BACK tip....
1. GO on a ChurchTour...move around a bit, see the sights and sounds of different churches, you'll finally get started back on settling in church again.
2. Try starting up some kingdom-building, life-transforming, community-help project on your own that might save souls but most definitely bless lives in the process.
3. Get more into the Word, as you dig around and get fresh illumination from de Spirit, you oughtta feel stirrings and leadings prompting ur need for fellowship.

Think abt it!
Now be a gud boy and go get your Sunday shoes.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by truthsetsfree: 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
It is not biblical to stop attending church. Research shows that the disciples in the early church always come together to fellowship that is why apostle Paul by the spirit of God said "forsake not assembling together". The repercussion is that when you happen to f[right][/right]all (Sin), no one to lift you up. Eccl.4:9-10. Please seek the counsel of the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Jsmile(m): 4:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
I pray for the mercy of God upon dis generation of ours
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
Setaje:
My dear, going to church is not abt the clothes u wear there but abt ur r/ship wit God...
Don't stay away from church simply because u ar shy of repeating clothes. No sincere follower of Jesus will tell u to leave d church premises because u wear same clothes often.
I get ur point though, nd I pray for God's will in ur life.. May God help us all

1 Like

Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by alolatee(m): 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
There is no devil but there are plenty of gullible people What are the "FRUITS" of all these churchgoers,The IPhone,Ipad,Laptops, Electricity in Nigeria what exactly do they contribute to humanity? Real human problems are solved by serious brain exertion not midnight vigils and noisy prayers

my brother, a word they say is enough for the wise.I am a living witness.It is not a frame up.It has affected me spiritually am not deceiving you.The wages of sin (not going to church to fellowship with the brethren according to Hebrews10vs25) is death my brother.That is not physical death but spiritual death.Moreso, David said in Psalm 27, one thing have i asked of the Lord, that will i seek after is the priviledge(yes it is a priviledge not a right ask people who are sick and need to be carried about) to dwell(to live) in the house of the Lord and meditate(deep thinking) in His Temple.My brother not all churchgoers are christians 'indeed' not all of them will go to heaven either; so i would advise you not to base your faith, believe or christianity on what others do.Jesus is our perfect example.Be a disciple by going to a bible believing church.Do your best and leave the rest.I rest my case. God bless you.
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by omonnakoda: 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2015
alolatee:

my brother, a word they say is enough for the wise.I am a living witness.It is not a frame up.It has affected me spiritually am not deceiving you.The wages of sin (not going to church to fellowship with the brethren according to Hebrews10vs25) is death my brother.That is not physical death but spiritual death.Moreso, David said in Psalm 27, one thing have i asked of the Lord, that will i seek after is the priviledge(yes it is a priviledge not a right ask people who are sick and need to be carried about) to dwell(to live) in the house of the Lord and meditate(deep thinking) in His Temple.My brother not all churchgoers are christians 'indeed' not all of them will go to heaven either; so i would advise you not to base your faith, believe or Christianity on what others do.Jesus is our perfect example.Be a disciple by going to a bible believing church.Do your best and leave the rest.I rest my case. God bless you.
That is your personal psychology.You have chosen to configure your mind with superstitious software ,of course it is real FOR YOU . Of that I have no doubt .What is wrong is to believe that what is true for you is true for EVERYONE or that that which is mysterious and inexplicable to you is so to EVERYONE. With the right kind of programming churchgoers like you acquire a certain vocabulary and mindset that is characteristic among Nigerians. This is just an admixture of superstition and reduced brain power or mental laziness. Yes meditation is a very beneficial exercise as is freedom from feelings of guilt but this can be fond in many who have no belief in God or gods. One can find peace and internal harmony without DOGMA which is what your bible is at the end of the day in its application. It is usefu in TUNING the mind but so are all kinds of poetry and verse if you know where to look . Bottomline believing in God and going to church to clap and sing may lead some to internal peace but this can be achieved without going either if one has insight and GOOD HABITS. About 99% of churchgoers go out of habit nd do not even understand or practice the teachings of Jesus
Re: What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? by alolatee(m): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
That is your personal psychology.You have chosen to configure your mind with superstitious software ,of course it is real FOR YOU . Of that I have no doubt .What is wrong is to believe that what is true for you is true for EVERYONE or that that which is mysterious and inexplicable to you is so to EVERYONE. With the right kind of programming churchgoers like you acquire a certain vocabulary and mindset that is characteristic among Nigerians. This is just an admixture of superstition and reduced brain power or mental laziness. Yes meditation is a very beneficial exercise as is freedom from feelings of guilt but this can be fond in many who have no belief in God or gods. One can find peace and internal harmony without DOGMA which is what your bible is at the end of the day in its application. It is usefu in TUNING the mind but so are all kinds of poetry and verse if you know where to look . Bottomline believing in God and going to church to clap and sing may lead some to internal peace but this can be achieved without going either if one has insight and GOOD HABITS. About 99% of churchgoers go out of habit nd do not even understand or practice the teachings of Jesus

Well, i commend you to God who is able to make the eyes of your understanding open.May it not be too late for you before you realise the truth.Amen.No book, teaching, learning can make you glad except the Bible.Help from God is on the way for you in Jesus name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Church In Kenya On Fire (Video, Photo) / Ibidun Ighodalo Celebrates Her Adopted Children, Keke And Zenan / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.