Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Water Baptism In River Or Swimming Pool, Share Your Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Water Baptism In River Or Swimming Pool, Share Your Experience (3509 Views)

Is Water Baptism Really Important? / Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Baptism In River Or Swimming Pool, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 22, 2015
i just want to share my water baptism experience.I got baptized at Christ Embassy church . I remember how excited we were when told to enrol in the baptismal class. The class would last for 2 weeks before the baptism. After the class, we were told to come to church early on Saturday morning with extra clothes so we could change up after the baptism. We're about 20 of us,so on the D-day, we assembled in church from there, we drove down to the hotel where the baptism would take place. First thing I observed as we got to the poolside was shocking! Empty beer bottles and hundreds of smoked cigarettes littered every where, female undies littered the pool itself. Lawd hv mercy. Was the hotel not aware that a church was coming to use the pool for a spiritual exercise? I and my friends funny glances,even Our pastor was visibly ashamed of the place so in a bid to retain some dignity called the hotel bouncers and told them we're about to use the pool for baptism so they should get the cleaners. One of them just said, today's Saturday and cleaners will be late as they are all exhausted from the previous night. OK, while waiting we decided to change in our spare clothes, as the first set of people entered the toilet/bathroom, they ran out as if they saw a wild beast, the girls said the whole place was messed up, we laughed as she described the gory sight including used condoms, Jeez! Finally the most awaited cleaner came in like a VIP, muttered a lil apology and started cleaning the pool. The tiled floor was so slippery like we're walking on okro soup, kai, I vowed that I will repeat this baptism cos the first one was a total disaster, nothing spiritual about the whole thing! I prefer the baptism in river than these modern swimming pool baptism that has no impact. I don't know if the hotel knows we were coming or not, but it was not a funny experience
Re: Water Baptism In River Or Swimming Pool, Share Your Experience by GboyegaD(m): 8:42am On Feb 22, 2015
Mine was at the baptismal room in my church. It is like s small 3 feet pool.
Re: Water Baptism In River Or Swimming Pool, Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 22, 2015
GboyegaD:
Mine was at the baptismal room in my church. It is like s small 3 feet pool.
only few churches have such, most churches use swimming pools or rivers. It's all about good coordination
Re: Water Baptism In River Or Swimming Pool, Share Your Experience by lokito: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2015
@OP firstly, this is why you should worship in the CATHOLIC Church.
Secondly, but on a lighter note, if y'all girls had bikinis on as spare clothes, I swear that's where the girls would have seen the beast in your pastor. There ain't no way he won't be baptizing those bbs, camel shoes, backyard etc. The guy will be doing jangolover with bbs all day in the name of baptism. PASTORS smh
Re: Water Baptism In River Or Swimming Pool, Share Your Experience by Kei144(m): 12:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
I was baptized in Adada River in Enugu State, by a Deeper Life Pastor. Two years later, I joined Lagos Christian Church; my baptism in the Deeper Life Bible Church was voided on the ground that Deeper Life believed that we were already born again before the baptism, while Lagos Christian Church believed that it is the baptism that makes you born again. I didn't fully buy the argument of which time a person is born again, but I loved the people and how church was done in the Lagos Christian Church. So, in order to belong to the church, I got baptized again in a 1m x 2m x 1m pool. Some things that Lagos Christian Church contributed to my Christian life are rapid study of the Bible, memorizing of key verses of the Bible and emphasis on NIV translation.

(1) (Reply)

Where Does The Devil Get His Power From? / What Does It Mean To Raise The Dead In Your Dream? / Holy Mary Or Subtle Demon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.